Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Magic Sets

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Favorite Magic Sets Reply with quote

Just wanted to see what magic-leauges favorite sets are. My personal favorite was Lorwyn. I really liked the flavor, and the mechanics. I played a lot of it with my friends, trying to make giant decks work and such. It was just a lot of fun Smile

So m-l, what are your favorite sets?
asamodious

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would have to be hands down tempest.

Stronghold was the newest set when i started but when i went to buy some packs at the store, the guy told me that stronghold didnt have any lands, so i bought a starter of tempest. I happened to open a cursed scroll..which i thought was absolute garbage..but i knew it was worth something cause it was inquest #1 card at the time. So i was able to trade that for a ton of crap for my first deck! good times!

Its a shame i was such a noob back then, cause that block was fun to draft for sure.
MassO

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in to magic with urza's block and played casual for 2 years before getting into competitive magic. so at that time, the newest block was Onslaught and Oddessy was still legal.

So my favorite has to be Mirrodin, it was a great change of pace from Wake and Slide, and I played sligh with Onslaught/Oddessy. And I loved the fast paced winning of affinity. I also liked tooth and nail, which I had both of and I switched to once Onslaught rolled out, because they banned ravenger and skullclamp which destroyed the format, there was really three decks then, artifacts and 2 anti.artifacts. Big red and Tooth/nail and U/G anti artifact.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravnica block, hands down.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champions of Kamigawa.

Only because back then I was playing Tooth and Nail and that Boseiju land was sooooo amazing with Tooth and Nail.
Lozober

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravnica hands down...how can ppl not agree?!
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rav block for sure

My friend and I split a case of rav and opening 3 boxes was the most ludicrous and fun waste of money as a 14 year old lol
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roe or med3 cause i dominated at both.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravnica was quite good. Urzas saga and tempest were very nice as well
Strid3r

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jund sets Very Happy
DeVoursneyNR

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alara Reborn. That is when I "officially" started the game, and I found the Alara block very fun to draft Smile
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy

The dark is my favorite set. Maze of ith and my favorite creature, ball lighting

It also had the best art work
Miqo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Odyssey Reply with quote

Odyssey block.

Playing with those cards reminds me of kitchen table MTG with a friend roughly estimated 10 years ago. Games just don't have the same kind of flavor to them anymore. Smile
Tao

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time spiral for constructed, zendikar for memories, ravnica for drafting
Forthecats

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was Gift's Ungiven being stupidly absurd. Maybe it was Sakura Tribe Elder Doing work. Could have been the 23 Meloku The Clouded Mirror I picked up before people realized they we're good. Or Umezawa's Jitte being in every single deck but never banned. Then again I think it may have honestly just been the Heartbeat of Spring combo decks that spurred after.(edit-I forgot Sensei's retarded top, Can any of you not agree with me at this point!?!>.<)

Without a doubt Kamigawa block.(BEST MAGIC BLOCK EVER)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2