Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 Man Draft Tournament Idea

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
sakst82

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm we may need you to possibly host cog cus we are gonna need at least 8 hosts. Looks like Pod 1 is going to fire next week as there is not enough interest and tomorrow is too soon. I'm gonna wait til I get my work schedule then I'll put see what time will work best. But tenatively next Weekend some time. Friday eve/Sat/Sun. If you are available and would like to play please let me know what times work best for you
descent87

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally in if this goes down. If pod 1 is still open i will draft it.
sakst82

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Signups Reply with quote

Ok I'm going to make a list of people who are interested. Perhaps if people could list their time zone when they post that they are interested it would be helpful.

I guess we'll just fill up the first 8-man pod and figure out the scheduling after it's full.

PARTICIPANTS:

1.[R]Nchamay
2.Frostfire
3.xJudicatorx
4.Sakst82 (can host) - Late evening EST
5.Dikcoop (can host) - Late evening EST
6.Cogdill (can host) - Late evening EST
7.Canabiest
8.Descent87

Not saying that the first 8 will be the first pod because we are going to need to make sure we can find 8 hosts.

Thanks everyone for the interest and support.

Thanks CMA-Flippi for taking a notice and giving your advice. I totally agree with your advice. The only issue I see with running 10 qualifying pods is that.. someone will win one of those and still possibly not make the final?

I also mentioned the idea to @weedmonkey who didn't seem adverse to the idea.

Halldir I really liked your idea as well, I think something of that sorts would take even MORE time and preparation and red magic-league tape to get around, but super fun. I think if we can pull off something like this 64-man event, then some sort of league or even bigger event with round-robin play and playoffs would be really exciting as well!

I know this is probably the touchy part of discussing this on the forums but i'm sure we should have some sort of guidelines at least... if not rules lol.

I assume we are all going to do NPH/MBS/SOM for all of the drafts

I think one of the potential problems is the 8 winners cannot meet up at the same time or someone goes missing. One suggest solution I have is that, after all 8 pods are done but before the final pod, we have a 9th pod with the runners-up from the 8 pods. then the winner(s) of that fill the empty seats.

Does anyone else see any potential problems that we could brainstorm ideas for?
dikcoop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is off of the front page. I am going to start advertising it in drafts.
cogdill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no point in even doing this anymore.... soo yeh fun times.. so much for trying to expand the m-l community. Confused
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 seems too ambitious for a first go...

Trying 24 and letting the top 2 from each of 3 pods go through to a final 6-man draft would be a more realistic start.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2