Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boros - not your average Mindless Aggro.dec!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lists are really close!

A very minor black splash gives a lot more mid-range game if you can't get the early kill. Maindeck Go for the Throat is pretty good in the meta and will only be dead vs Tempered Steel. Batterskull is pretty greedy in my testing. I took it out for one Burst Lightning. Burst Lightning is your 5th Lightning Bolt and your 4th out vs Pyro Twin. The one Lavaclaw Reaches will help get there if you get wiped. Squadron Hawk is only three as drawing the 4th one in this deck pretty much does not do anything. Hero of Bladehold is also to help you recover if you get wiped. I think that 3 Stoneforge Mystic is fine also as You run a max of 5 EQ after side and you will most likely draw one EQ. 4 Duress helps with Caw-Blade a lot. Deathmark is for stuff like Sun Titan and BSA.

// Lands
6 [SOM] Mountain (3)
6 [SOM] Plains (2)
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
1 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
1 [SOM] Swamp (2)

// Creatures
4 [MBS] Signal Pest
4 [ZEN] Steppe Lynx
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede
3 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
1 [SOM] Spikeshot Elder
1 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold

// Spells
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
3 [MBS] Go for the Throat
3 [ROE] Staggershock
1 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
1 [ZEN] Adventuring Gear
1 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
1 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M11] Duress
SB: 3 [WWK] Cunning Sparkmage
SB: 2 [M11] Deathmark
SB: 2 [SOM] Arc Trail
SB: 2 [MBS] Mirran Crusader
SB: 1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
SB: 1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the bannings in place what are we to replace stoneforge and the equipments with. I had a thought to go in a completely different direction with boros minus SFM and Swords. with the swords now being at a converted cost of 5 to play and equip, it seems to me they just don't fit the mana curve of boros. So guys what do you think?
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut the black out of my version and moved the swords to the side.
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job mishimakaz on a top 2 finish with boros. Would you like to break down you deck and discuss your choices? Nothings been mentioned about boros in awhile, so it would be really cool if you could get it started. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2