Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tectonic Edge

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Tectonic Edge Reply with quote

hi!

I have a Tectonic Edge in play, and my opponent have one too.

1)If I target his Tectonic Edge with mine, can he target one of my lands in response with his Tectonic Edge? (Note that I still have more then 4 lands even after sacrificing my Tectonic Edge)

2)And why?

Thanks for your help.
LLSheep

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your opponent can target one of your lands, due to the way the stack works.

When you activate yours, the ability goes on the stack, and your opponent can activate his in response. Your opponent's will resolve first, then yours will resolve and do nothing.
asamodious

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Of course he can.

2) abilities like that from lands still go on the stack. Once you put something on the stack (spells or abilities) your opponent has a chance to respond.
TheShark

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to your question was perfectly answered already, but I'd like to expand on it, since Tectonic Edge activations are often cause of debate and n00bs quitting games on MWS...

The example I want bring up is familiar to everybody here. One player has 4 lands (at least 2 nonbasic lands among them), the other player has 2 Tectonic Edge. The player can activate one Tectonic choosing a target and in response to that ability he can activate his other Tectonic Edge and choose another target, therefore destroying 2 of his opponent's lands.

Even when the 1st ability resolves and the opponent only has 3 lands left, the second land will get destroyed. Why? because the 4-land requirement is only for activation. Once again, this is very obvious for us who know the rules, but such a pain in the ass when playing with noobs who think they know everything.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've deleted two posts which didn't add anything and were just looking for a fight.

Also, TheShark, you could have framed your words more friendly. You're basically accusing chakal_rbn of being a 'noob who thinks they know everything'. We'll just assume that you didn't mean to do that.

And I'll just close this to stop any further trouble. chakal_rbn, if yuo still have trouble with this interaction, just send me a PM.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1