Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 Man Draft Tournament Idea

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
sakst82

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: 64 Man Draft Tournament Idea Reply with quote

What if we tried to schedule a 64 man Booster draft tournament. We could have 8 different pods schedule to start at different times for the different time zones. then on Day 2 the top 8 would compete in the 2nd Draft. Anyone interested?
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl.
and u should ask a judge on IRC if u havent yet, they probably can give u some answers on this.
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun to me
FrostFire

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

set this up and I would definitely be in
sakst82

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could just schedule it on here myself if the mods are OK with that. We could just use a different IRC channcel as to not be "affiliated" or whatever. What times work best for you guys?

And does anyone have any ideas to help this run smoother? I was thinking if we have a longer time period for the first "round" like maybe even a few weeks where the different people can complete their pods... then we have a scheduled date for the Final 8 where hopefully people can set aside 3-4 hours to do it all at once.

Suggestions? Advice?
Halldir

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardest will be to draft, but then as you said, for games there will be no problem...
btw question for all staff members: is there a chance to make something like one month limited sealed league? like getting 6 boosters on the begining and then each week like new booster or smth else and all signed should play at least i dunno... some games/week
after that top 8 draft for example...
is ML able to do such a thing?
rdeg87

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If every match was a league match then it would be possible to make it happen without judges
dikcoop

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can be one of the 8 hosts. I am normally free after 9pm EST. Find hosts, then have people sign up for a time and host? Cogdill will probably be in, along with nunomogg and nikoleye. nammfoodle is usually on in the morning EST.

Hosts:
dikcoop
Cogdill
nammfoodle
Sakst82
frank
nikoleye
nunomogg?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine the following:

On 2 different times, 5 drafts are done. For these drafts, whoever joins first gets in first. People that are, 9th..10th..11th they won't be able to enter. The drafts would be organized by an experienced j2 or higher. This way, 10 players win a draft. The first eight would play the final draft, the 9th and 10th player being runner-ups.

All on one day probably lasts too long. It's definitely possible that that there's not enough players if the first round of drafts were run at the same time. 64 players are required!
If only 8 drafts are run in the first round, if 1-2 don't show up for round 2, the final draft might not be able to happen due to lack of drafters.

That's my ideas, i'll ponder about it some more.
sakst82

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just have 8 drafts and the 8 runner-ups can have a seperate tourney to till in the missing spot(s)

edit: I will also be willing to host a pod. I am available... basically any time as long as we schedule
cogdill

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah no prob i can host. im normally free every evening except tuesdays im free after 9:30 EST or so. send me a msg with details if u need help still
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd play
sakst82

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: First Pod Reply with quote

Ok I am going to start taking Signups for the first pod. I will be hosting 10pm EST on a Sunday. If we get enough people it will be tomorrow 5/29. If not I can host sometime the following week. First 8 get into my pod. Let me know if you can make Sunday evening or if not list what time would be good for you to play
cogdill

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k ill play pod 1
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2