Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-a-Card Round 42: Electric Boogah-loo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
niteshade

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
niteshade wrote:
2112 ww3 Rare

Sorcery

Exile all creatures. Put a 1/1 white survivor token into play for each creature exiled this way.

"and the meek shall inherit the earth"

Im confused what is musical about this?....it is playable though.

Its the album that made rush.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niteshade wrote:
MassO wrote:
niteshade wrote:
2112 ww3 Rare

Sorcery

Exile all creatures. Put a 1/1 white survivor token into play for each creature exiled this way.

"and the meek shall inherit the earth"

Im confused what is musical about this?....it is playable though.

Its the album that made rush.

Sigh....
read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2112_%28album%29

By the way, I bought this on vinyl at the flea-market for a dollar.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pseudodespot wrote:
Light Grenades - 3WW

Instant - uncommon

Light Grenates deals 5 damage divided as you chose among any number of target nonwhite creatures.
Tap those creatures.

There are not many who survive divine retribution. But those who do, will hear the light's choir for the rest of their enlightened days. -- Arsanitis, Divine Artificer

wtf does this have to do with music?
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lullabies to Paralyze 2WW
Instant (Rare)

Target player can't cast spells this turn. Tap all nonartifact creatures that player controls. Those creatures don't untap during that player's next untap step.

Ultimately, words are only words, and its only the music that stands by itself.
-Joshua Homme
KnowN

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akroma's Harp - 1WW
Legendary Artifact (Mythic)

3WWW, Exile all creature's you control: Return a creature from your graveyard to the battlefield for each tapped creature exiled this way. Activate this ability only any time you can cast a sorcery.

Creature's your control get +1/+1 for each creature exiled with Akroma's Harp.

As she played her harp the weak felt her anger and the fallen felt hope
boeda

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel of Death - WW II

Legendary Creature - Horror

Flying

Infect

When Angel of Death enters the battlefield, all other creatures get a -1/-1 counter.

WW, Sacrifice a creature: proliferate.

"Slow death, immense decay,
showers that cleanse you of your life.
Forced in, like cattle, you run,
stripped of your life's worth.
Human mice, for the Angel of Death,
four hundred thousand more to die!"

- Tom "the Shrieker" Araya

1/4

Okay, some explanation is needed: Jeff Hanneman, guitar-player of Slayer, wrote this song about WW II, and especially about Josef Mengele, the architect of the immense killing and experimenting on the Jews.
Hanneman is not a nazi, nor is his Jewish wife or any of the guys from Slayer. Me neither, it's just one of the best metal songs ever written with an epic guitar-riff in it (ta-na-na-naah-na-na-naah-na-na-naah-naah!, (say it, it makes sense!)). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AGUywHntw

The card is a tribute to a rock song, nothing more and nothing less.
MassO

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLSheep wrote:
Now that you mention it, Mass0, the boost should probably be tuned down to +2/+2 or +1/+1, seeing as you'll be boosting its power to activate the ability anyways.

You can't Giant Growth it during the upkeep of turn 2 for the win, though, unless you have a Savannah. If you do, there are better turn 2 wins.

lets see, savannah, razorverge thicket, Brushland, City of brass, Temple Garden, Forbidden orchard, Thran Quarry.

Really there no way to pull this off......you should do some homework before you open your mouth.

If you +2/+2 it, it will be a 2/5 which won't activate it, +1/+1, it will be a 1/4 which won't activate it either. You have to boost power by 2 and toughness by 1 or +1/-1, or +3/+3....thats it....You made the card and didn't do the math, what a joke.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boeda wrote:
Angel of Death - WW II

Legendary Creature - Horror

Flying

Infect

When Angel of Death enters the battlefield, all other creatures get a -1/-1 counter.

WW, Sacrifice a creature: proliferate.

"Slow death, immense decay,
showers that cleanse you of your life.
Forced in, like cattle, you run,
stripped of your life's worth.
Human mice, for the Angel of Death,
four hundred thousand more to die!"

- Tom "the Shrieker" Araya

1/4

Okay, some explanation is needed: Jeff Hanneman, guitar-player of Slayer, wrote this song about WW II, and especially about Josef Mengele, the architect of the immense killing and experimenting on the Jews.
Hanneman is not a nazi, nor is his Jewish wife or any of the guys from Slayer. Me neither, it's just one of the best metal songs ever written with an epic guitar-riff in it (ta-na-na-naah-na-na-naah-na-na-naah-naah!, (say it, it makes sense!)). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AGUywHntw

The card is a tribute to a rock song, nothing more and nothing less.

Competition over, he wins.
LLSheep

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:

lets see, savannah, razorverge thicket, Brushland, City of brass, Temple Garden, Forbidden orchard, Thran Quarry.

Really there no way to pull this off......you should do some homework before you open your mouth.

If you +2/+2 it, it will be a 2/5 which won't activate it, +1/+1, it will be a 1/4 which won't activate it either. You have to boost power by 2 and toughness by 1 or +1/-1, or +3/+3....thats it....You made the card and didn't do the math, what a joke.

Calm down there, Sparky.

When I was talking about dialing back the boost, I meant the boost the card gives itself when the upkeep requirement is met, not any pump spells you're using to satisfy the trigger. Anything that changes its power after the upkeep trigger has resolved isn't relevant to it gaining double strike and a power boost until the end of turn. I was pointing out that you were correct in your assessment of the power level of the numbers on the card, which is more a development issue than a design one. I'm editing the entry to bring the boost down to +1/+1.

The reference to Savannah was to point out that if you could produce both green and white from one land on the first turn, you're playing in Legacy or Vintage, where there are more powerful combos to worry about. I had forgotten Razorverge Thicket, though, so I was in error on that point.

You're absolutely correct on both points, except where you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You should, however, reconsider the way you write on the board. The combination of your grammar and the missing words from your post give the impression that you hammered out your post in a frothing rage, and your extra long ellipses and aggressive statements make you come across as a nerd-raging tool. I'm sure that's not the case, though.
Duodax

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersonic Emissions 1U

Instant (M)

If you control a artifact, counter target spell.

Metalcraft - If you control three or more artifacts, counter that spell and draw a card instead.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Court Musician - WW

Creature - Human

2/2

Rare

Creatures with converted mana cost 4 or greater cannot attack or block

"His music may seduce the king, but it will not stop the lowly peasants"
MassO

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLSheep wrote:
MassO wrote:

Calm down there, Sparky.

When I was talking about dialing back the boost, I meant the boost the card gives itself when the upkeep requirement is met, not any pump spells you're using to satisfy the trigger. Anything that changes its power after the upkeep trigger has resolved isn't relevant to it gaining double strike and a power boost until the end of turn. I was pointing out that you were correct in your assessment of the power level of the numbers on the card, which is more a development issue than a design one. I'm editing the entry to bring the boost down to +1/+1.

The reference to Savannah was to point out that if you could produce both green and white from one land on the first turn, you're playing in Legacy or Vintage, where there are more powerful combos to worry about. I had forgotten Razorverge Thicket, though, so I was in error on that point.

You're absolutely correct on both points, except where you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You should, however, reconsider the way you write on the board. The combination of your grammar and the missing words from your post give the impression that you hammered out your post in a frothing rage, and your extra long ellipses and aggressive statements make you come across as a nerd-raging tool. I'm sure that's not the case, though.

I forgot an S on the end of a word and now I'm a nerd-raging tool, well ok, I'll take it. However, Tool in the context that you used it is generalized as a SHEEP which you are the only one in the room, my dear sir.

I think my post out very precisely and since I probably have more education than over 90 percent of the people on M-L and another 70 percent could be my illegitimate kids from high school, I shutter to think that you have any advise or warning that could actually be beneficial to me.

Have a nice day, in the world that you perceive yourself in.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
LLSheep wrote:
MassO wrote:

Calm down there, Sparky.

I forgot an S on the end of a word and now I'm a nerd-raging tool, well ok, I'll take it. However, Tool in the context that you used it is generalized as a SHEEP which you are the only one in the room, my dear sir.

I think my post out very precisely and since I probably have more education than over 90 percent of the people on M-L and another 70 percent could be my illegitimate kids from high school, I shutter to think that you have any advise or warning that could actually be beneficial to me.

...and you are braging about it on MtG board, nice Very Happy
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you both. Let's all have gay sex together. Roo is invited.
Ninja87

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikazuchi wrote:
MassO wrote:
LLSheep wrote:
MassO wrote:

Calm down there, Sparky.

...and you are braging about it on MtG board, nice Very Happy

Lol, well said, well said..
Gotta love these trolls claiming to be smart..

Anyway, here's my entry just coz I love BEP:
Boom Boom Pow! RR1
Instant - uncommon
Deal 3 damage divided in any targets you choose.
Creatures dealt damage this way cant block this turn.

"Gotta get that!"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3