Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Blue Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Mono Blue Control Reply with quote

Yo yo! Jacois here to bring you the latest in ML rogue deck tech. What started as an attempt to suppress Twin Combo has become a bonafide strategy. The #'s still need some tuning, but it's coming along quite nicely.

// NAME: MUC

// Lands
15 [NPH] Island (1)
4 [WWK] Halimar Depths
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

// Creatures
4 [NPH] Spellskite
4 [SOM] Grand Architect
4 [MBS] Treasure Mage
4 [NPH] Hex Parasite
1 [M11] Triskelion
1 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
3 [WWK] Lodestone Golem

// Spells
4 [NPH] Vapor Snag
1 [NPH] Caged Sun
2 [CFX] Unsummon
1 [SOM] Mindslaver
4 [M11] Mana Leak
4 [M11] Preordain

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M11] Triskelion
SB: 2 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
SB: 4 [ZEN] Into the Roil
SB: 4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
SB: 4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce

Skite protects Architect, Architect causes nonsense. I've actually got Preordains and Leaks in it this time! Good for me. I originally had Trinkets that only searched for 1 parasite or an Elixir, but I realized that was just retarded so I cut the Trinkets and up the Parasite count to 4. I'm still having some trouble with the board. The Trisk's and Wurm's seem almost pointless.

Maindeck seems very nice. Halimar Depths and the fetches help me seek out that 2nd turn Skite or 3rd turn Architect. Any advice would be welcome as always. I don't just post decks assuming they're the greatest, I really do take all input into account. Thx in advance!
tarat

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 [CFX] Unsummon
4 [NPH] Vapor Snag

cut those- they make no sense in T2 full of ETB effects

+4 JTMS? Razz
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs equipment, possibly 1/1 split on sword of war & peace / batterskull over 1 caged sun & 1 treasure mage. Prob needs card draw to make up for the jace-less attack opp's jace plan ( jaces ingenuity/sea gate oracle). And add tech edges, caged sun blows
tchiseen

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caged Sun is doing almost nothing for you. You can definitely cut it. Triskelion is pretty weak for you, too. It's like a 6 mana lightning bolt. Other cards to consider in the slot are Contagion Engine, Steel Hellkite, Myr Battlesphere, another wurmcoil engine...

If you cut 1 Caged Sun, 2 Unsummons and 1 Mana Leak you can maindeck 4 Big Jaces. You can afford to cut a mana leak because most of the time you will be tapping out to put pieces on the board.

I have to agree with @tarat, unsummon effects do seem pretty weak... maybe you could run something like Aether Adepts... the bounce too and at least they have a body... I would seriously be looking at something else in the unsummon slots. Everflowing Chalices and Blue Sun Zenith would probably be my first choices. Or more Jaces.
KnowN

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason not to play Black or White.
tchiseen

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnowN wrote:

I'm guessing that's because you haven't done any testing or seen any previous similar lists.

both seem good but before Nph, didn't perform as well as straight blue. Nph obviously adds some good spells in both colors. why don't you make some changes, test them and get back to us.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace and karn would seem like better additions. over trisk and unsummon and vapor. Topor orb in the sb and maybe into the rolls.
KnowN

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchiseen wrote:
KnowN wrote:

I'm guessing that's because you haven't done any testing or seen any previous similar lists.

I don't need to do testing. I am aware that there are plenty of dual lands in the format that worse case scenario come into play tapped. Go for the throat/ doom blade/ dismember/discard/memorcide etc... will help more against splinter twin and every other deck than Vapor snag and unsummon will. With white you can play Demstify which can destroy both of Splinter twins win conditions and you would be able to play other white cards like doj/artifact hate/etc... that will help vs other decks in the format.

I do not believe you must test a deck to know that it is shitty or to know what obvious additions it can use.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois, what was your reasoning for using so many 1x slots in teh trial?? I was counting Splintertwin decks until I saw yours and lost count 3 times every time I saw your list Sad
Anyhow, Spellskite is very good against Splintertwin but it pays to have a back up or secondary solution to it in the form of cheap creature or enchantment removal.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any action on this thread so I am guessing you gave up on it?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1