Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yu gi oh MWS?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoNinjaSuck wrote:
jonproject wrote:
EmoNinjaSuck wrote:
I'm ultra pro at Yugioh

Kinda funny that's coming from an emo ninja

My name is actually a jab at my friend "EmoNinja452"

I am neither emo nor a ninja...

Well, that's a lot less gay than what I thought the suck meant
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people just assume yugioh is a kids game because of the tv show, yes a lot of kids play the game but at the higher levels u only really see adults playing
Duodax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygo requires a ton more skill than mtg (at least t2 now)
Oceanus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yugi is about halfway in its lifespan compared to MtG.

Overall, it was the first Eastern TCG that could cross shores with an Eastern company, and it stuck. It's used the momentum to tighten up the game from there.

It's just a different experience. It has it's own feel to offer. It's the game of archetypes with decks that are practically made by Konami with a few power cards that find their way into stuff. It let's anybody be able to deckbuild but complicates things enough to have a beginner/competitive divide. It moves faster and is more explosive which is fun in its own right.

It's art is also anime and more specific than general fantasy so that it's archetypes have individual uniqueness.

The problem is that they need to get their rules together. I don't know where MtG was at 10 yrs, but KonaSense is basically "set precedent in specific case (sometimes)" and present a contradictory ruling every few months.

The other issue is sets full of useless cards that have no affect on any deck. They are filler with no purpose but to make a pack have enough cards, and to make it harder to pull useful cards. Then they have multiple rarities and introduce a new card type every few years to add to the value of profit (something MtG has borrowed from their marketing).
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really dislike the lack of a "proper" rulebook for YGO and that fact that so many interactions are impossible to understand just by lokoing at some cards.

"But why do the cards interact like that?"
"Because Konami said so."

Sad
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
Farseer wrote:
I really, really dislike the lack of a "proper" rulebook for YGO and that fact that so many interactions are impossible to understand just by lokoing at some cards.

"But why do the cards interact like that?"
"Because Konami said so."

Sad

"why do those cards interact like that"

"because the DCI ruled it like that"

"why do those cards interact like that?"

"because WOTC wrote a rulebook, and careful interpretation of the stack, layering, ability types, and priority tell any player who knows those skeleton rules can figure it out."
Oceanus

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Konami has to rule almost contradictorily because there are so many cards with similar wording yet not exact, so when they rule them differently, you either wonder why or realize there are very few precedents.
Duodax

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet they are able to throw a new WC and TF game into the market each year and WotC not 'cause they have no balls to create A.I. for hMtG.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2