Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergency Ward

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
jonproject wrote:
Or just go mono white, never get color screwed, play the best cards in standard (squadron hawk + stoneforge mystic), have a legit endgame and have removal. This blows.

Jon your just mad cuz he splashed green in your Soul sisters list and is trying to make your list viable.

However, without a board sweeper to allow your man lands to hit, you will just be hoping your opponent does not have JtMS to kill you.

You are playing green so add in 2 devastating creatures? Maybe Eldrazi or Terrasdon (wtf) , anyway you need something to wipe their board and then kill them....You could play Karn and just remove thier cards and then restart the game with a ton of creatures.

However ever, most players will concede once this goes off because if they spend the entire game 1 trying to kill you, they risk losing based on life total.

Baneslayer angel could be a great finisher, 2 of should work.

i didn't make the deck, i just tweaked it... third down the line...

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/getting-nassty-brew-phyrexia/

feel free to get some test games in to really put one over on me instead of just vomiting up whatever ideas pop into the 'ol skull
TopDeck

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladerisen wrote:
How is your deck actually winning the game besides gaining infinite amount of life ? (AKA, Jace kills you right ?)

A few people said this. I could add Felidar Sovereign he's 6 mana but if he enters the battlefield i do win. But yes Jace is a problem.

rdeg87 wrote:

The Leyline is just awful im sure you'll figure that out with testing.

Why is it awful? it's a piece of the combo that cannot be killed. and if its in my hand the first turn its pretty awesome

stovepiper wrote:
you could run some creatures to one shot with infinite pump.

immolating soul eater: loves infinite life raping someone to death

moltensteel dragon: also loves you having infinite life

bramblesnap: can get huge during each trigger of the metamorph/warder

ajani's pridemate: also gets huge while your gain your life.

also, why not run a serra's ascendant or two, so you can transmute the golem's into massive 6/6 flying lifelinkers

Also for a deck name: Emergency Ward

I think felidar sovereign is better that all these suggestions. He is more mana but It's not like my opponent is gonna kill me before I get to him. He is easier to counter which can be a problem but overall I think he would be the best addition. Love the name, ty
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 is enough soul wardens, and suture priest is a good turn 2 play. Leyline is only good when you free play it, otherwise it's crap.
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i've been playing with for the last week with a couple of extra tweaks.

if you ARE trying to combo off the deceiver exarch lets u untap the birthing pod and then tap it again for the clone

alot of the time with equipment package and 8 vengevines, you win without going infinite. late game the infinite life comes into it.
alternatively you've still got the turn 3.

personally though I've been trying to fit in mirran crusader to go along with the swords, if i could fit it in, I would be playing a r/w sword in md. This would fix your loss vs vampires as they have issues removing the sucka

// Lands
2 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
1 [ZEN] Island (1a)
3 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
4 [ZEN] Forest (3)
4 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
6 [ZEN] Plains (4a)

// Creatures
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [ROE] Vengevine
1 [NPH] Deceiver Exarch
4 [MBS] Leonin Relic-Warder
4 [NPH] Spellskite
2 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
3 [M11] Fauna Shaman
4 [ROE] Soul's Attendant
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise

// Spells
1 [NPH] Batterskull
2 [NPH] Birthing Pod
2 [M11] Leyline of Vitality
1 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
jetstrike

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the leyline stops jtms.....
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leyline of vitality

If Leyline of Vitality is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
Creatures you control get +0/+1.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may gain 1 life.

explain how this stops jace... i assume you mean the leyline of sanctity too stop fateseal. then they just fateseal themself.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means it passes the jace test, which it does, but that means it fails the spell pierce test
toguppy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a trialling 4 acidic slimes + 4 beast within sb, those with the metamorphs is alot of ld >.<
toguppy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trialling 4 beast within sb, cutting 2 slimes.

alot of wins are actually coming off the back of a sword of W&P copied and double equiped to a bird for 12-14 damage in the air >.< the sword is insane.

playing a sword of w&p and a sword of B&M main deck currently to beat any deck with jace in it/inifinite life mirror match.

batterskulls a beating but it isn't needed main deck. I have found myself search for it ONCE out of about 20 games vs rdw/boros.

upped to 4 fauna shaman md. could probably remain at 3 really as I dont find myself NEEDING them.

-=-=-=CURRENT LIST=-=-=-

4 Forest
1 Island
4 Misty Rainforest
6 Plains
4 Razorverge Thicket
2 Sunpetal Grove
3 Stirring Wildwood

2 Birthing Pod
2 Leyline of Vitality
1 Sword of Body and Mind
1 Sword of War and Peace

4 Birds of Paradise
1 Deceiver Exarch
4 Fauna Shaman
4 Leonin Relic-Warder
1 Mirran Crusader
4 Phyrexian Metamorph
4 Soul's Attendant
2 Spellskite
2 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Vengevine

Sideboard
2 Acidic Slime
4 Beast Within
1 Devout Lightcaster
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
4 Nature's Claim
3 Tectonic Edge

could see myself dropping a natures claim and chucking a 4th tec edge, I havent had enough testing post sb to make that decision though
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2