Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergency Ward

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TopDeck

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Emergency Ward Reply with quote

This deck was inspired by the topic Soul Sister V2.

Emergency Ward

// Lands
4 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
5 [ZEN] Plains (4)
8 [ZEN] Forest (3)
3 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
4 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket

// Creatures
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
3 [ROE] Soul's Attendant
4 [M11] Fauna Shaman
1 [NPH] Suture Priest
4 [MBS] Leonin Relic-Warder
4 [NPH] Blade Splicer
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
1 [ZEN] Felidar Sovereign

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Spellskite
4 [M11] Leyline of Vitality
4 [NPH] Birthing Pod

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [M11] Elixir of Immortality
SB: 2 [WWK] Nature's Claim
SB: 2 [ZEN] Brave the elements
SB: 4 [NPH] Melira, Sylvok Outcast
SB: 2 [NPH] Suture Priest
SB: 3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment

The basic idea of the deck is to gain infinite life with the cute, yet slutty combo of Leyline of Vitality/Soul's Attendant/Suture Priest and Leonin Relic-Warder and Phyrexian metamorph.

Card Breakdown:

Birds - Mana accel, sac to pod to search for Priest or relic
Soul's attendant - obv
Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod - Helps get combo. Duh
Suture Priest - I added 1 of him so i can sac a bird to find him if needed.
Spellskite - Protection baby
Blade splicer - Sac him to find phyrexian metamorph. Sac golem to find Soul's attendant
Leonin Relic - Combo Piece and destroys gay equipment/ pyromancer
Phyrexian metamorph - Combo piece and Comes into play as a gay titan etc..
Leyline - Combo piece, can be played for free and not likely to be destroyed

SIDEBOARD:

It needs work and it's hard to decide what cards to take out for them but basically....
Melira - Infect isn't that popular but it can still kill me.
Suture priest/soul - anti twin, creature decks and mirror match(this will apply once everyone netdecks this)
Elixer of immortality - if you don't think you can win before decking out
Nature claim - anti artifact/twin
Brave - more protection
DOJ - Day of judgement

Question 1A:
Splinter Twin Combo is better. Why not just play that?

Question 1B:
Why is splinter twin better? LOOK BELOW!
1) Splinter requires 2 cards and this deck requires 3
2) Splinter twin decks that play pyromancer accenson provide another win condition
3) Splinter twin can play counters
4) Splinter combo WINS the game, this deck just gains you a lot of life

Answer:
This is what is better about Life (Fucking name sucks... Somebody please help with it) :
1)I have 8 ways to search for my combo pieces, Splinter can only draw many cards and hope to get them.
2) People are playing into the roil to stop splinter, that card does not effect me much
3) If birthing pod is in play, i can get my creatures in play without being countered
4) Soul's attendant and Suture priest are 4 MD cards that stop splinter combo from working.
5) Leonin Relic hunter destroys pyromancer
6) This is new, this is fun.

TESTING:
I did not do much testing. 70% of the decks you play against on mwsplay SUCK. 95% of the players you play against on mwsplay not only SUCK at magic but also SUCK at life, half of them gave me noob tokens cause they could not figure out why the combo works.
So take what you can out of below, i will update when I test more.

VS Caw Blade:
I played against this twice and won both times. Leonin-Relic really helps and UW versions don't really play spot removal. Then again mwsplay sucks and I did not test vs UWb or UWr yet but I would assume they will be a tougher match up.

VS BR vamps:
I LOST 2-1 against this. Vs any creature heavy deck the life gain really helps. Game 1 I lost by 1 turn and game 3 i was man flooded. I don't really know how this match up will be for me until i test more. But either way vamps losing to like every other deck so i doubt you will face it much

Vs RANDOM White weenie deck, mono white deck, MBC, shape anew combo:
all these decks suck and I beat all of them.

This deck is meant mainly for fun, I don't think it will be tier one but it's cool idea to play with and who knows, maybe you guys can make it better.

All comments, flames, death threats, love notes, blow jobs, compliments, Suggestions and advice are welcome.

EDIT:::: I added 1 Felidar Sovereign as a win condition and Changed name to Emergency Ward

Last edited by TopDeck on Wed May 11, 2011 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
pg8

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Life (Name Pending) Reply with quote

TopDeck wrote:

All comments, flames, death threats, love notes, blow jobs, compliments, Suggestions and advice are welcome.

Enough to make me like the deck.
bladerisen

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is your deck actually winning the game besides gaining infinite amount of life ? (AKA, Jace kills you right ?)
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infect?
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea there is no way this deck wins... you need some effects to make u win.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 Leyline of Vitality + 4 Vengevine
-1 Spellskite + Blightsteel Collosus

The Leyline is just awful im sure you'll figure that out with testing. Vengevine gives you an alternate win condition. It also will fool your opponent into thinking your a strange aggro deck, so comboing off might be easier. Plus the fact that Matamorph on this guy seems quite good.
The Blightsteel is in there so that you can win against non Jace decks.
Spellskite seemed like the weakest card to cut but thats open to debate
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spellskite seemed like the weakest card to cut but thats open to debate
Spellskite is the only part of his deck that is 100% indispensible. If you think it can be cut, you should test it out in a couple of games first - it's an all-star every time I draw it.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut something else then, its only one card out of sixty. This is the reason I put the "open for debate" cut whatever you want, the deck will benefit from a way to stop being decked
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs batterskull, swords, and stoneforge mystic. the stoneforge allows you to package in your needed ways to break through to victory.
stovepiper

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could run some creatures to one shot with infinite pump.

immolating soul eater: loves infinite life raping someone to death

moltensteel dragon: also loves you having infinite life

bramblesnap: can get huge during each trigger of the metamorph/warder

ajani's pridemate: also gets huge while your gain your life.

mental misstep is something you might need to look at in the sideboard against decks packing discard, this will let you protect your combo in your opening hands.

also, why not run a serra's ascendant or two, so you can transmute the golem's into massive 6/6 flying lifelinkers

Also for a deck name: Emergency Ward
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stovepiper wrote:
Also for a deck name: Emergency Ward
I love this deck name!
macdog225

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Thoughts Reply with quote

Ok, so I just tested the deck out in a mini, I got beat by a good Pyrotwins player in round 2. They were able to wipe my board quickly w/ a inferno titan before I went off, then they combo'd off to win game 1.

Game 2 to I combo'd off for infinite life but couldn't do anything w/ it. He was able to slagstorm my board, then ratchet bomb my board while I was rebuilding, he eventually went off when I had no board.

The list that I ran was identical to the poster's only

-4 leyline +4 ajani's pridemate.

As a note on the deck, I love it. After playtesting it here's what I would do.

-4 ajani's pridemate, +2 bramblesnap +1 sun titan +1 baneslayer.

the ajani's just weren't enough to finish off my opps. They NEEDED trample, bring in the bramblesnap's.

I want the sun titan for a little more win-presence plus I can turn BSA into it.

I want BSA for a little more win-presence and I can turn my 'clone' into BSA.

as for the SB

I'd add emrakul, or another eldrazi so that you can't get mill'ed by sword of body and mind. I lost game 2 round 1 to mono-white stoneforge's by getting milled out.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could run white zun's zenith and possibly a sweeper. with infinite life you could sit and wait on a lot of mana and just blow them out with cat's
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just go mono white, never get color screwed, play the best cards in standard (squadron hawk + stoneforge mystic), have a legit endgame and have removal. This blows.
MassO

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Or just go mono white, never get color screwed, play the best cards in standard (squadron hawk + stoneforge mystic), have a legit endgame and have removal. This blows.

Jon your just mad cuz he splashed green in your Soul sisters list and is trying to make your list viable.

However, without a board sweeper to allow your man lands to hit, you will just be hoping your opponent does not have JtMS to kill you.

You are playing green so add in 2 devastating creatures? Maybe Eldrazi or Terrasdon (wtf) , anyway you need something to wipe their board and then kill them....You could play Karn and just remove thier cards and then restart the game with a ton of creatures.

However ever, most players will concede once this goes off because if they spend the entire game 1 trying to kill you, they risk losing based on life total.

Baneslayer angel could be a great finisher, 2 of should work.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2