Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soul Sisters v2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajani goldmane > colorless clone
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually looks like an outstanding list. Monowhite Emeria control is one of the few decks that really hoses CawBlade and the addition of Soul Sisters should really improve the aggro matchup. Running 4 Mystics with only 2 equipments (neither of which is essential to your game plan) seems like too much. You should probably either up the equipment count or lower the number of mystics - remember that most decks are running bounce instead of removal now anyway.

I'd definitely like to see some Divine Offering main deck since *everyone* is running swords. 1 or 2 maindeck Day of Judgment may not be a bad idea either.
Wyr

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sideboard I would suggest some alternate win condition, in form of Felidar Sovereign (2x is enough, due to cost). That kind of works, especially since you have Brave the Elements.
Ajani Goldmane is great with the Pridemate.
I would run 4* Tectonic Edge in place of Crossroads. Metamorph seems a bit out of place too. Baneslayer Angel on the other hand seems solid. Especially since it is a win condition by itself, and you are low on flying. You basically don't have answer to a Hawk with a Sword of Feast and Famine, unless you are 30 life and you happen to have a living Ascendant.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested similar list for a bit and I found out that without Ranger of Eos this deck just doesn't function very efficiently.

Basically the problem is that gaining a bunch of life doesn't do anything unless you specifically draw Serra Ascendants. So reaching 30 LP threshold is extremely situational and too much of your deck slots are dedicated to accommodate only those 4 copies of a card.

Pridemage gets big quickly, but Jace just bounces it eventually and it can be chump blocked all day with hawks. And Day of Judgment wrecks your day. It's not fast enough against twin-combo either. I like the concept, but there are still a couple of pieces missing imo. If we had another efficient card which benefited from lifegain in the card pool, I could see it working, but as of for now, it just doesn't cut it
J_R

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
This actually looks like an outstanding list. Monowhite Emeria control is one of the few decks that really hoses CawBlade and the addition of Soul Sisters should really improve the aggro matchup. Running 4 Mystics with only 2 equipments (neither of which is essential to your game plan) seems like too much. You should probably either up the equipment count or lower the number of mystics - remember that most decks are running bounce instead of removal now anyway.

I'd definitely like to see some Divine Offering main deck since *everyone* is running swords. 1 or 2 maindeck Day of Judgment may not be a bad idea either.

what world do u live in if u think this hoses caw blade
Tao

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caw blade has no removal and sun titan gets back any edge'd emerias. it's a nightmare matchup for them.

now please stop posting stupid shit all the time.
Wyr

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
what world do u live in if u think this hoses caw blade

He was not talking about this one. This is a Soul Siserts rethink, and he was talking about Monowhite Emeria Control. (MWC)

jonproject wrote:
caw blade has no removal

Quote of the Day!
J_R

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do u ppl still cling to the hope that there are decks with good caw blade matchups
Wyr

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
why do u ppl still cling to the hope that there are decks with good caw blade matchups

Yes, everyone should simply netdeck the latest version of CawBlade, and totally ruin any fun in T2.

Seriously, deck creation is one of the main appeals in Magic for quite a lot of players. Don't try to diminish it. Moreover in real tournaments Caw Blade is not abundant, because of the cost. If a deck has a good matchup vs. rest of the field it might worth playing it, even if caw game is 70-30 unfavorable.

Last edited by Wyr on Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tao

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:

oh, try this out sometime http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FOR+CHAN
J_R

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyr wrote:
J_R wrote:

Yes, everyone should simply netdeck the latest version of CawBlade, and totally ruin any fun in T2.

Seriously, deck creation is one of the main appeals in Magic for quite a lot of players. Don't try to diminish it. Moreover in real tournaments Caw Blade is not abundant, because of the cost. If a deck has a good matchup vs. rest of the field it might worth playing it, even if caw game is 70-30 unfavorable.

no ppl shouldnt netdeck caw, they should play other decks because its those ppl that keep letting me win by losing to caw
Wyr

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
no ppl shouldnt netdeck caw, they should play other decks because its those ppl that keep letting me win by losing to caw

I love your trolling and stuff, butů could we get back to the topic, please?
w1gl4f

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend Kembas skyguard...it gains you life, AND flys Razz

also, Sun Titan REALLY shines here. everything you need him to do, he does...the biggest problem with this deck is that if you save your d00ds untill they are actually good, you will lose before you get around to winning the game, but ST lets you play attrition and trade d00ds. he gets back everything that matters, and is usually my only target with emeria.

i also reccomend some split of kor sanctifiers and divine offering...you MUST be able to stop artifacts (and enchantments :/)

i still think this deck is very subpar with only one of the sisters...pries helps, but the fact that there is only 1 soul warden is almost insurmountable for me Sad
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not run the combo of Leonin Relic Warder/ Soul's Ascendant/Phyrexian Metamorph in there somewhere? Infi life on turn 3 occasionally seems better than what this deck is trying to do already.

Too many brave the elements. I think effects like that are better left for the sideboard. I would add a couple ajani goldmane, 1 more equipment for stoneforge (probably feast or famine) and a condemn or journey.

Another way to go about this is to play green for Leyline of Vitality. You would just play the 12 duel lands in green and white (possibly 16 with the graypelt refuge) and play leyline and whatever green offers you, probably fauna shaman and obstinate baloth.
Tao

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
why not run the combo of Leonin Relic Warder/ Soul's Ascendant/Phyrexian Metamorph in there somewhere? Infi life on turn 3 occasionally seems better than what this deck is trying to do already.

holy shit... that's not half bad, and the combo pieces are kinda flexible
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4