Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phyrexian Unlife + Melira, Sylvok Outcast

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Omnom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Phyrexian Unlife + Melira, Sylvok Outcast Reply with quote

Phyrexian Unlife 2W
Enchantment
You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life.
As long as you have 0 or less life, all damage is dealt to you as though its source has infect.

Melira, Sylvok Outcast 1G
Legendary Creature - Human Scout
You can't get poison counters
Creatures you control can't have -1/-1 counters placed on them.
Creatures your opponents control lose infect.
2/2

So, if I have both these in play what would happen. Would it mean that I can't lose by damage since Unlife says I don't lose for having 0 or less life and Melira says I can't get poison counters.

If yes, do you this combo is viable Razz
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combo works, but I'm not sure how viable it is, since you will probably be on 0 zero life, and either the creature on enchantment dying will be GG for you. Sad
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this combo would work.

No, This combo is not viable because:
1. U/B control runs instant removal.
2. CawBlade runs Into the roil, doj and oust.
3. any red deck runs burn.
4. any green deck runs enchantment removal.
5. This is not a kill condition, but a "i can't be killed unless"
6. for 2 more mana, you could cast Platinum Angel and have the same result.

Sorry to be harsh but there are other infinite kill conditions in standard after NPH. This is not one of them, if you could make your creatures indestructible or have shroud. and have some other type of kill condition, paired with this then maybe. But its to much effort to spend early game to protect you from being killed, just so that you wont die, when you could have me setting up a kill of your own.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there's a new Pestermite around... Mr. Green
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a twin?
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isn't a bad combo at all if you can throw swords on the creature to make it have protection from their colors. Kind of like Worship + 3w 2/2 rebel prevent all damage to him. Obviously fragile but if it makes about 1/5th the decks scoop it might be worth looking at.

twin/deviant is a wicked combo that is certainly viable in t2. Tier 1? maybe not, but certainly tier 2.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1