Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Br midrange

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
paulallan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Br midrange Reply with quote

i'm using red and black to avoid the swords protection so hopefully no matter which sword the opponant has equipped i still have an answer

4 blackcleave cliffs
4 dragonskull summit
4 lavaclaw reaches
12 swamp

4 gatekeeper of malakir
4 abyssal persecutor
4 phyrexian obliterator
4 skinrender
2 urabrask, the hidden

4 lightning bolt
3 arc trail
3 geth's verdict
4 go for the throat
4 slagstorm

sb
4 duress
3 hex parasite
4 tunnel ignus
4 manic vandal

i know that i can overtack the aggro match ups and the late game burn will help with the control decks.
let me know what u think please Smile

Edit: The responses that you have received so far should be seen as an example for why content in the opening post is helpful...explain your reasoning for the deck with more that a few sloppily-composed sentences.

Posts need to have some sort of content beyond stating the absolute most obvious aspects of a list.

-EngSky
JeZeus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have enough ways of removing your Persecutor when you are done with him. I would suggest dropping the numbers on skinrender and possibly adding in cards like Sarhkan Vol or Consuming Vapors to make sure you can remove the Persecutor. Heck, I would probably drop the numbers on him entirely perhaps only run 1-2 as your 'extra' obliterator and to focus mostly on him.

Asides from those suggestions, I would strongly advise some sort of disruption like Inquisition of Kozliek which is just amazing right now. All so, Perhaps 2-3 copies of Sign in blood, gets you a bit of card draw and worst case you can use it to burn a person for 2 to seal the deal.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you are not really dodging swords at all. Sword of Feast or Famine and also Sword of War and Peace are going to wreck standard for a while. You are going to need at least 1 Consuming Vapors to help get hid of the Abyssal Persecutor.

Urabrask, the Hidden is interesting though I am not sure that it works in this type of deck. Testing will tell the truth.
MassO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeZeus wrote:
You don't have enough ways of removing your Persecutor when you are done with him. I would suggest dropping the numbers on skinrender and possibly adding in cards like Sarhkan Vol or Consuming Vapors to make sure you can remove the Persecutor. Heck, I would probably drop the numbers on him entirely perhaps only run 1-2 as your 'extra' obliterator and to focus mostly on him.

Asides from those suggestions, I would strongly advise some sort of disruption like Inquisition of Kozliek which is just amazing right now. All so, Perhaps 2-3 copies of Sign in blood, gets you a bit of card draw and worst case you can use it to burn a person for 2 to seal the deal.

First Off, I don't think that he needs more ways to get rid of the Persecutor, He has 11 was to get rid of him currently.

I agree that Skinrender really doesnt fit, so -4 Skinrender and +3 Sarkhan the Mad, leaving an open spot.

Arc Trail should be sb, you have mass destruction on 3rd turn with Slag. and most decks in this meta are not running elves, gobs, tempered steel. Most will be running some sort of U/w or U/B or Rug control. so that opens up 4 slots.

I would add either +4 sign in bloods or +3 signs in bloods and +2 black sun, -1 Phyrexian Obliterator.

Your SB should look like this:

3 Arc Trail
4 Inquisitions of Kozliek
3 Hex Parasite
3 Tunnel ignus
2 Into the Core

the exile feature to the Cores will help vs randoms playing with Blightsteel's and other hard to remove indestructibles. The manic vandals are alright but the whole reason you would have them in the board is to handle artifact decks, which after turn three would almost definitely have more that 2 in play.

Sarkhan the Mad, helps this deck tremendously, because your deck is suppose to lay a persecutor on turn 4 with a obliterator on turn 5 and then attack for the win on turn 6, with you getting rid of the persecutor after damage.....however, with Sarkhan you just dont kill your creature you get a 5/5 flyer in return. and the following turn your dealing 10 if you need it with Sarkhan bottom ability and attacking with the dragon.

BTW, Sarkhan Vol is in Alara block and is not currently T2, so thanks for trying to get this kid to use illegal cards.
warp_gaming

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i know that i can overtack the aggro match ups and the late game burn will help with the control decks.

ah yes, all those classic, devastating, late game, post-"control stabilizing and creating massive card advantage" lightning-bolt-to-the-face victories...................
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Trail tech for control ;(. Fml.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1