Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

load deck error: invalid file format

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: load deck error: invalid file format Reply with quote

So I was helping a friend install MWS for the first time and he gets the error "load deck error: invalid file format" and this happens when he either trys to load a deck or when he goes to game---connect to opponent it takes him to a 2nd screen that requires him to load a deck and it gives him the same said error.

whats the fix?
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one, make sure his deck files are *.mwDeck format.

If they are, then you are probably just using cards from wrong sets. A few of the sets don't work with MWS (mostly promo sets I think) so make sure you recognize what sets the cards you are using come from.
J_R

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure the masterbase is in the mws folder in the C drive
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed error........ for any who cares who got the "easy install" and that fixed it for him
Sniper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me yesterday and I got a match loss over this stupidity! Doesnt MWS EVER get updated cause apparently according to Clariax, it took more than a half hour to fix which felt like a whole 15 mins and I dont think it was really fixed, I just found an alternate way around it. Now how do you fix it where you can play like we always did where all we needed to do was hit ctrl+I? The decks Im using are the same ones Ive always used so it isnt the cards. LMK
niknight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper1 wrote:
This happened to me yesterday and I got a match loss over this stupidity! Doesnt MWS EVER get updated cause apparently according to Clariax, it took more than a half hour to fix which felt like a whole 15 mins and I dont think it was really fixed, I just found an alternate way around it. Now how do you fix it where you can play like we always did where all we needed to do was hit ctrl+I? The decks Im using are the same ones Ive always used so it isnt the cards. LMK

Sniper: MWS is abandonware. It hasn't been updated since 0.94f came out around 2006-2007. The fact that the software even works at all with stuff like hybrid mana, flip cards, and planeswalkers is simply amazing.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me. Sounds like The problem is probably somewhere between your chair and monitor.
Asukafan2288

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi just dont use any card form the unhinge set or the unglued set and you should be fine at lease that what allways fixes it for me the unhinge set syimbel is UND and for unglued its UG besides that i dont know how to fix it for you hope i help some what..bye
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1