Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glissa, inquisition, and stoneforge package

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Could this work?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
no
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

WhoamI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Glissa, inquisition, and stoneforge package Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [M11] Forest (4)
2 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
4 [9E] Plains (4)
3 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
4 [DM] Swamp (1)
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Precursor Golem
4 [MBS] Glissa, the Traitor
3 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
4 [M10] Acidic Slime
4 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk

// Spells
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
1 [MBS] Mortarpod
4 [MBS] Go for the Throat
1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
1 [V10] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine

Designed to beat rug, caw blade and valakut. I know, trying the impossible, what do you think.
Any advice?
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh.... what are you going to get back with Glissa? :S
AkYo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need lotus cobra to help with mana fixing
you need a planeswalker threat also maybe liliana vess ?
but forreal why glissa what artifact do you need to return
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Birds of Paradise are of mroe use than Lotus Cobra in this deck. That way, you can pla your 3 mana spells turn 2, which seems very good to me.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
I think Birds of Paradise are of mroe use than Lotus Cobra in this deck. That way, you can pla your 3 mana spells turn 2, which seems very good to me.

playing your 5 mana spells on turn 3 is much more important/better.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. I forgot about Precurser and Slime.

Maybe 3 Lotus Cobra, 2 BoP? Smile
Jelin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so iv tried to start a GWB thread but it got nov attention ima jus post to this 1
i like GWB and im a huge fan of its aggro/control abilities iv been workin on this for awhile but theres no glissa Razz

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
4 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
3 [ZEN] Swamp (2)
4 [M11] Forest (1)
2 [ZEN] Plains (4a)
1 [M11] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
3 [M11] Grave Titan
3 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
2 [SOM] Precursor Golem
4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra
4 [ROE] Vengevine

// Spells
1 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
3 [MBS] Go for the Throat
1 [M10] Doom Blade

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [M11] Duress
SB: 2 [M11] Condemn
SB: 2 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
SB: 3 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
SB: 3 [WWK] Nature's Claim
SB: 3 [MBS] Mirran Crusader

it jus recently changed from having 4 fauna shaman which hav been obviously replaced by cobra lemme know
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You should shuffle-up Caw Blade and learn how it works before you try to break the format.

owned. lol
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With NPH BGW might be viable, but right now it's probably more gimmicky, but has potential. A good deck to have a baseline as to whether or not it's playable is RUG. If it's at least comparable to RUG in power then it's viable.

1 cc
RUG
Lightning Bolt
Preordain

BWG
Inquisition of Kozilik
???

This is where it starts off immediately with what do you do. Do you run more 1cc spells or do you just go with Inquisition. Now I truly feel that Inquisition is much stronger than either card we have listed for RUG as it can slow down preemptively any strategy outside of maybe Valakut. Outside of Inquisition though your other options are not so good, Steppe Lynx, Duress, Disfigure, Student of Warfare. Now Student of Warfare is interesting but requires a heavy amount of white in your deck to be truly useful. Now with Cobra that can be negated a little but he might be worth a 2 of slot in the deck to consider. So let's go with that and carry the other 2 cards to later.

So far:
4 Inquisition of Kozilik
2 Student of Warfare

2cc:
RUG
Explore
Mana Leak
Lotus Cobra

BGW
Lotus Cobra
???
???

Now here we have an interesting situation where we can still run Explore like in a normal RUG deck that lets you power out Titans as early as turn 3 as well as being a Cantrip which is pretty big, or we can look at other avenues of approach. Also don't forget we still have 2 cards left over from before. Now this probably the money slot for the deck with a plethora of options. We have Fauna Shaman, Squadron Hawks, Go for the Throat, Doom Blade, Stoneforge Mystics, Viridian Emissary (pseudo Explore that carries a Sword), and several more. Now I think we can all agree Stoneforge Mystic is an auto 4 of in this deck as not only will being able to fetch and cast an equipment will happen on turn 3 quite often, if they don't have mana open that is, but it is simply too good not to run. So now we have another 4-6 slots to play with here. I'm thinking we need at least some targeted removal otherwise why run black over red and blue otherwise? So let's say we use our 2 extra slots and make it 3 Go for the Throat and 3 Viridian Emissary. It's a test card that also fixes the mana base so never a bad thing. At worst we make it Explores/something else later.

3-5cc
RUG
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Oracle of Mul Daya
Garruk Wildspeaker
Precursor Golem

BGW
Swords of Feast and Famine
Baneslayer Angel
Garruk
Elspeth
Hero of Bladehold
Liliana Vess

The big turn 3 for RUG. Dropping Jace/Oracle/Garruk/Precursor and making your opponent get defensive and play your game. For BGW it'll need to be a turn 3 sword, equip, attack, untap, and drop something else... which for 3 mana isn't much. Options could be also among what I have up there Phyrexian or Mirran Crusader as a quick hitter finisher where on turn 3 you attack with an equipped Cobra only to untap and cast a Mirran Crusader that the next turn could be looking to put the opponent way behind in the race. Also other very good options are Baneslayer Angel that answers their equipped Hawks, Elspeth that makes blockers for their equipped Stoneforge, or goes up to 6 and threatens to wipe the board and force everyone to start over again, which you probably already know what htey are holding. You coudl also look to add something like Hero of Bladehold to drop turn 3 but that might be better in a Naya version post NPH to follow turn 4 after an Urabrask. I personally like the Versatility of Elspeth so counter her as a 2 of. Garruk is very good but not sure if he's worthy in this deck, Baneslayer I feel needs to be at least a 2 of as she stops opposing Hawks and unequipped Colonnades as well as putting the game permanent out of reach of aggro players and could possibly turn the Valakut Match-up in our favor if on turn 3 you cast her as that gives them a 4 turn clock to win as well as buying us an extra turn or 2 with the life she gains.

So out of 8 cards...
1 Swords of Feast and Famine
1 Swords of Body and Mind
2 Elspeth Tirel
2 Baneslayer Angel
2 Mirran Crusader

6+
RUG
Inferno Titan
Avenger of Zendikar

BGW
Grave Titan
Primeval Titan

Now I'm thinking Grave and Primeval might be the best options here. Primeval can give you crazy mana advantage and find answers like Mystifying Maze and Tectonic Edge as well as being a trampling guy with a swords is enver a bad thing and well Grave Titan is Grave Titan.

3 Grave Titan
2 Primeval Titan

Deck so far:
2 Student of Warfare
4 Inquisition of Kozilik
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Go for the Throat
3 Viridian Emissary
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of Body and Mind
2 Mirran Crusader
2 Elspeth Tirel
2 Baneslayer Angel
3 Grave Titan
2 Primeval Titan

now that's 33 cards leaving 27 lands which might be too much by about 2... so if we add 2 more cards... maybe go with 2 Birds of Paradise for ramping up a little more and mana fixing.

So:
1cc
2 Birds of Paradise
2 Student of Warfare
4 Inquisition of Kozilek

2cc
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Go for the Throat
3 Explore (changed my mind)

3cc
2 Mirran Crusader
1 Sword of Body and Mind
1 Sword of Feast and Famine

5cc
2 Elspeth Tirel
2 Baneslayer Angel

6cc
3 Grave Titan
2 Primeval Titan

Lands:
4 Marsh Flats
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Swamp
4 Stirring Wildwood
3 Razorverge Thicket
3 Plains
3 Forest

Now I'm sure the mana base is way off and I'd like to try and fit a singleton Mystifying Maze in and Tec Edges in the SB along with Sun Titan but that's for later.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1