Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mIRC registration.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
Hank333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: mIRC registration. Reply with quote

Do people really have to register mIRC to play M-L? I've been playing with mIRC for a long time, but I have been playing less frequently lately. Yesterday I tried to play again and i could not log on because my mIRC was expired. I never had to register mIRC before, but now i can't log on. Is this a new problem or what?
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes it wont let you on and sometimes it does. just have to keep trying.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of ensuring people don't trial it for an eternity, mIRC does attempt to trick you buy exiting instead of letting you continue. Sometimes you just need to go through the process a couple of times before mIRC works again Smile

Also, for the record I think I'm one of the few people on M-L that has actually registered it :p
KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it started doing that bullshit to me every day. I couldn't deal with it so I spent the $20
iSneeze

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mIRC is not the only irc software. See mibbit.com, xchat2 (silver-x), irssi, pidgin, trillian, plus tons of random ones that show up with a google search.

mIRC is the most popular on windows, therefore it has the best support for scripting, but if you're just *playing* I don't know why you'd need those features.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50% discout available too: http://www.mirc.com/register.php?coupon=MIRC-SWV0-MNKL
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a rumor if you google mIRC + crack you may find a solution to that headache, but I wouldn't know. The later versions of mIRC have been more aggressive in trying to get people to sign up for the paid version.

It doesn't help that if you are judge, all the scripts are for mIRC...
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use XChat and it works fine.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1