Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tempered steel deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Epilogue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Tempered steel deck Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
17 [SOM] Plains (2)
4 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus

// Creatures
4 [M11] Steel Overseer
4 [SOM] Memnite
4 [SOM] Vector Asp
4 [SOM] Myrsmith
4 [MBS] Signal Pest
4 [SOM] Etched Champion
4 [MBS] Ardent Recruit

// Spells
4 [SOM] Tempered Steel
4 [MBS] Master's Call
3 [M11] Ajani Goldmane

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 3 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 4 [MBS] Divine Offering
SB: 4 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere

been testing this for a while. so far it has been quite favourable, putting the pressure early on. the sideboard is still in question though, would need some help on it. in any case, i only had a small budget on this. wanted to play some T2 for fun without blowing the bank. but as best as possible to keep up w the mainstay in T2. which is obviously hard.

myrsmith and master's call has been a really good way to get creatures out faster. especially due to the 12 0/1 cc artifacts, for myrsmith. coupled with tempered this has given quite a few 3/3 rapidly. havent' really fully utilised myrsmith much though. mostly because sometimes in the game, i play cards with the amount of lands jst meeting the cc.

ajani, overseer and tempered. no need to read too much into this. but ajani with overseer is interesting. since u can attack w the seer too then tap to give counters.

in most games, etched has been the winner. one card i'm not too sure about is the ardent recruit. it has been good late game when i get a 3/3 for 1cc. but in early, it usually reaches 3/3 only at turn 3.

i initially toyed with the idea of putting in forgemaster + blightsteel, thopter assembly, myr battlesphere too. but i found it to be pretty inconsistent. thopter was interesting cause it wld give a host of 3/3 fliers. but it was laggy since kuldotha forgemaster, wait one turn, thopter, then upkeep tokens, wait one turn. so it was pretty slow too.

inkmoth has been there really, in the words of juza 'just because its a cheap artifact'. i've used it to tap for mana to pay itself. just to hit metalcraft for ardent and etched. which has proved useful in games.

in match ups, the hardest ones has obviously been with cawblade. its pretty much gg if they draw a timely DoJ as per all aggro decks against it. revoker was there to counter the PW. can't find anything better against it thus far. havent met a kuldotha red so far. but i believe tht would be a tough match up too. cause it'll mostly meet an eye for an eye. and my own ratchet's are definitely there against it. given their heavier reliance on tokens than me.

divine offering is there to help rid of opp ratchet bombs. its dangerous if it has one counter, but not so at 0 so far. but the benefit against it would be that myrsmith and master's call would help to recover pretty fast.

I welcome ur thoughts guys. thanks
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this list looks alot like the one on daily mtg....
Epilogue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

would anyone please help me with the sideboard.

i'mthinking revoker vs jaces/planeswalkers
arrow volley trap vs kuldotha red
refraction trap to slow red down a bit
wld leonin arbiters be good too??
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Cute, but is it competitive? Reply with quote

reasons why this deck isn't competitive.

it's based on small creatures with no way to get more
you put all your eggs in one basket (easter pun).

Yes the deck is synergistic, but, synergy doesn't mean competitive.

Some things you need to think about.

Hypothetically if this deck was to go against anything with any type of accel eg. drawing cards, gaining extra mana, creating extra creatures. How would it win?

On another note this deck isn't fast.
it's horribly slow compared to red and pyroclasm answers all of your creatures.

Your starts are always going to be rough since your creature are trying to fight for advantage instead of taking advantage of one.

Fix all of those problems and repost your list.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

Epilogue wrote:
would anyone please help me with the sideboard.

i'mthinking revoker vs jaces/planeswalkers
arrow volley trap vs kuldotha red
refraction trap to slow red down a bit
wld leonin arbiters be good too??

if your facing jace and planes walkers revoker will only open you up to a removal spell

arrow volley why when a simple dispense justice or choking fumes does alot more.

refraction trap....celestial purge, works a little better.

kor fire walkers are good too i here.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you deck has some problems against evasion

-4 vector asp
+4 glint hawk idol (glinthawk has evasion)

Try replacing ajani with liquidmetal coating to see if it increases your speed. if you don't like it
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would run U/w dual lands just because it would allow you preordain in the main, and spell pierce and/or spreading sea's in your side. I really think that is what this deck is missing.
Epilogue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

hi there, thanks. never realised that there were replies to this post. thanks for the replies. have tested a new list w the cards from NPH and it seems alright. albeit as mentioned by manaleak, i have problems w slagstorm and pyroclasm still. thinking of safe passage would be viable in sb for this.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1