Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animate sword

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Animate sword Reply with quote

I have Sword of Feast and Famine and March of the Machines

1. the sowrd is a 2/2 or a 4/4 ?
2. when it give damage, can I activare its abilites?
3. Can i activate its equip ability targetting itself?
Comodope

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Its 3/3 (converted mana cost=3)
2. No you can`t
3. No, you can`t even equip another creature.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sword is a 3/3. An Equipment that is a creature can't be equipped, so you can't activate and resolve any activated or triggered ability involved by sword. I can't copy paste the specific rule but it says so.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't activate or i can activate but no effect?
J_R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read march of the machines. equipment that's a creature can't equip a creature.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/1/2004: If an Equipment becomes a creature, it can no longer equip a creature. If it's currently attached to a creature, it becomes unattached (but remains on the battlefield). You can activate the Equipment's equip ability, but it won't do anything.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/3
it has none of its abilities.
you can pay 2 to equip targetting itself or anything but it will not resolve. creatures cannot be equipped to anything.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not doing anything when it resolves is not the same thing as not resolving. Activating the equip ability of an equipment that's also a creature is perfectly legal. If it's a creature when the ability resolves, the ability won't do anything though.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: animating equiptment Reply with quote

If in play I have [MBS] tezzeret agent of bolas and animate my opponents artifact Sword of body and mind that is equipt to a creature already into a 5/5 creature.

Does that that creature become unequipt?

So I can doom blade the creature and jace the mind sculptor bounce his artifact creature in the same turn?
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: animating equiptment Reply with quote

When the equipment becomes a creature, it becomes unattached from whatever it was attached to.

ManaLeak wrote:
If in play I have [MBS] tezzeret agent of bolas and animate my opponents artifact Sword of body and mind that is equipt to a creature already into a 5/5 creature.

Does that that creature become unequipt?

So I can doom blade the creature and jace the mind sculptor bounce his artifact creature in the same turn?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1