Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

viridian corrupter

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Actionjake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: viridian corrupter Reply with quote

my question is can a viridian corrupter hit play without a artifact to destroy? he says when he enters the battle field destroy target artifact so if i cast him with no artifacts in play it just fizzels the triggered ability right? its not part of the cost of the spell only thing i see as a problem is the lack of "may" but like i stated previously its a triggered when it comes into play not part of the cost so when i play the spell before it comes into play i dont need to check for targets, at least that's my impression.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can cast him with no artifacts in play, and as you said, his triggered ability from entering play with be countered from lack of targets.

However, if there is any artifact in play, even if you control it and don't want to destroy it, you must target an artifact with the ability when it's triggered ability goes on the stack.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are no artifacts on the battlefield, the ability won't be countered, it will simply never go on the stack. A targeted ability requires legal targets to go on the stack at all.
Actionjake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY for your comments i thought i was right but you know people on MWS if its gunna cost then the game they are gunna come up with any excuse for you not to be able to play the card.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1