Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

security codes & correct mws patch

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: security codes & correct mws patch Reply with quote

hi all. this is my trouble: some days ago i signed up for a sealed mini (runned by az-cz, maybe he remembers), i built a nice gw infect, won round 1 but then at round 2 my opponent made me notice that the security code was different from the one assigned to me after the build. I followed the instructions, copying the text below the sealed window, then paste it on mws using tools, then worked with it. A guy on #judges4you told me that if i had not the latest patch on mws the program may give me a different security code. In fact, when i loaded the deck it gave me error on concussive bolt, that in my version has a spelling error, and didn't show it, however i didn't play red so i thought it was no matter.. maybe was that single error that caused me to acquire a different security code and sent to bitches my mini? no matter for the league points, I play these tourneys only for the fun to play, i hope i'm not the only one on this site.. Wink So, the question is: what should i do to avoid this stuff again? thank you for your answers.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your security code before you play.

Also, I hear full art Zen lands can change security code so you probably shouldn't use them. Or just use them and then you can have an excuse why your security code is wrong lol.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The security code is the only way to verify you play the deck you built. If it's not correct, you're not playing the deck you built.
Unseen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me today too...
Burton911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are people who check the SecCodes in Minis :O
I feel truly sorry for people who cheat/fear that an opponent cheats em in any sort of mini ...

And yes the sb is also considered when processing the SecCodes.

If you open/import a card that is not in your Database, its good to check if you maybe like in your case have a wrong Name or a wrong editioin in your Masterbase.
J_R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton911 wrote:
There are people who check the SecCodes in Minis :O
I feel truly sorry for people who cheat/fear that an opponent cheats em in any sort of mini ...

why? there is nothing to lose by checking a sec code, and you might get a free win out of it
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
The security code is the only way to verify you play the deck you built. If it's not correct, you're not playing the deck you built.

I know, I didn't want to cheat but I know however I was on the wrong; the fact is that i loaded exactly the deck i drafted without changing anything, but I made some mistake that eventually changed the code. If I knew the deck wasn't the one i drafted i wouldn't stay here asking how to avoid this happens again, I would only think "darn, this time my opponent discovered me, next time I hope to find one more idiot.."
So I'm only here to ask why this happened and what to do..
Terri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebo_88 wrote:
In fact, when i loaded the deck it gave me error on concussive bolt, that in my version has a spelling error, and didn't show it, however i didn't play red so i thought it was no matter..

that was your little mistake. just add this card manually and your security code should match.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok thank you I corrected Concussive Bolt's spelling (it wrote concussive blast), reloaded the masterbase and then I hope it won't trick me this way again..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1