Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slivers! needs help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to say this. Slivers needs to be UWg.

4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Wing Sliver

Use this as a base.
turdferguson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol five bayou
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Crystalline Sliver is a pimp. I like Talon Sliver a lot too (first strike). I don't like your spells except for Coat of Arms. Maybe drop some Lead the Stampede or Swords to Plowshares in.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliver's use to kick ass, before Merfolk more or less took over. Anyhow I would recommend playing something as close to this as you can afford to make. You can get shock lands for cheaper and probably scrounge together a manabase . . but I mean if you got 5 bayou your gold anyhow, just trade those suckers in lol. Easy to use cheaper counter spells as well. Uhmm if you are just playing it on mws then I might just use this list.. . or play Merfolk.

4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Plated Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
Creatures [19]
4 AEther Vial
4 Brainstorm
3 Standstill
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares
Spells [23]
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
3 Tropical Island
4 Tundra
3 Mutavault
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that I love about Vial Slivers is that Crystalline Sliver is just like another counterspell. You Vial in a Crystalline Sliver in response to removal. Also Winged Sliver in response to blockers.
warp_gaming

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
The thing that I love about Vial Slivers is that Crystalline Sliver is just like another counterspell. You Vial in a Crystalline Sliver in response to removal. Also Winged Sliver in response to blockers.

I'm almost sure you mean before blockers.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is what I should have typed. That's what I get for posting from my Blackberry.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Brainstorm over Preordain?
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorm is better when you have Fetch lands. Though I think that the list should be playing Misty Rainforest over 4 Polluted Delta.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorm is sooo much better then preordain. . I do not even think the two are comparable. The fact brainstorm is an instant should be reason enough to use it over preordain alone. All so, it works very well in tandem with Standstill and your Vial's. If you have Standstill in play you aren't going to play Preordain and allow your opponent to draw 3, instead you wait until they pop your Standstill draw your 3, use your instant speed card draw to draw 3 more bla bla get tons of cards for your next turn. Or you have vial out and no creatures/not the creature you want, so EOT brainstorm, yay I found a sliver, play said sliver EOT with Vial. I think in legacy you should almost never play cards and tap out on your own turn if you can avoid it ^_^

As for the list . . it's my ancient sliver list that I just copied to notepad and pasted on here. I haven't played it in probably going on two or so years now.. Misty rainforest would be a better fetch land to use, although it doesn't really matter since both of the dual lands are islands. If you wanted to sneak a basic land or two into the deck that might be ideal. I think the main reason Slivers went out of style is because of the decks reliance on dual/non-basic lands. The alternative tribal deck of Merfolk just has a more reliable land base. Being able to run basic lands, while still being consistent is a pretty big boon for legacy deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1