MTGMadness Advertisement
Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really crappy to get second in a trial when....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
ShadowSkill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Really crappy to get second in a trial when.... Reply with quote

You, for some reason can't get into mIRC and the judge who is your last opp just auto loses you. Yes it's the rules and yes it sucks for me. All of my other opp, however, just went to tipo, where 98.3% of games occur and didn't try to screw me. Thank you guys. I really wish people came here to improve their Magic skills in real life but then I do believe there are a lot of people who just play this and never play real Magic. Anyways the deck list (I don't know how to tag this on this forum)
1 Bleak Coven Vampires
1 Carnifex Demon
1 Darksteel Axe
1 Galvanic Blast
1 Gold Myr
1 Grasp of Darkness
1 Leaden Myr
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Necrogen Scudder
1 Revoke Existence
1 Saberclaw Golem
1 Tumble Magnet
1 Black Sun's Zenith
1 Burn the Impure
1 Choking Fumes
1 Divine Offering
1 Flesh-Eater Imp
1 Frantic Salvage
1 Myr Sire
1 Phyrexian Rager
1 Sphere of the Suns
1 Spread the Sickness
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
4 Plains
4 Mountain
9 Swamp

Sideboard

SB: 1 Acid Web Spider
SB: 1 Blunt the Assault
SB: 1 Cystbearer
SB: 1 Darksteel Myr
SB: 1 Exsanguinate
SB: 1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
SB: 2 Flameborn Hellion
SB: 1 Forest
SB: 1 Fume Spitter
SB: 2 Glimmerpost
SB: 1 Glint Hawk
SB: 1 Gold Myr
SB: 1 Golem's Heart
SB: 1 Instill Infection
SB: 1 Kemba's Skyguard
SB: 1 Kuldotha Rebirth
SB: 1 Lumengrid Drake
SB: 1 Memnite
SB: 1 Molder Beast
SB: 1 Necrogen Censer
SB: 1 Relic Putrescence
SB: 1 Saberclaw Golem
SB: 1 Slice in Twain
SB: 1 Stoic Rebuttal
SB: 1 Swamp
SB: 1 Vault Skyward
SB: 1 Vector Asp
SB: 1 Vedalken Certarch
SB: 1 Vulshok Heartstoker
SB: 1 Abuna Acolyte
SB: 1 Bladed Sentinel
SB: 1 Core Prowler
SB: 3 Crush
SB: 1 Darksteel Plate
SB: 1 Frantic Salvage
SB: 1 Fuel for the Cause
SB: 1 Glissa's Courier
SB: 1 Gnathosaur
SB: 2 Hexplate Golem
SB: 1 Horrifying Revelation
SB: 1 Koth's Courier
SB: 1 Kuldotha Ringleader
SB: 1 Lead the Stampede
SB: 1 Leonin Relic-Warder
SB: 1 Loxodon Partisan
SB: 1 Mirran Spy
SB: 3 Phyresis
SB: 2 Pistus Strike
SB: 2 Plague Myr
SB: 1 Serum Raker
SB: 1 Silverskin Armor
SB: 2 Training Drone
SB: 1 Unnatural Predation

SB: 14 Plains
SB: 18 Forest
SB: 14 Mountain
SB: 18 Island
SB: 9 Swamp

As you can see this deck is redic and cam back from 3time mulligan and a game loss. The side board is equally ridic.

Oh well, great game judge. I have a bye at least. For what I do not know.[/list]
Terri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew that its not right when you are not in the channel but i dont want such wins and some guy told me that you have a game up.
CMA-Flippi
HR Director
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At GP Paris, I was in the other room when round for my tournament (at x-2) started. My opponent did not look out for me. He just waited on his table for me to come. - I didn't deserve that Tardiness Gameloss. My opponent never searched for me!
Burton911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i havent checked if that double splash is the right way to build that pool, but the way you did it, i would be happy that my name isnt on top of the standings next to that list Razz

srsly, thread made me lol
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players are advised not to play against opponents who are not in #magic-league on IRC.

Quote:
3.3 Start of Match Procedure

* If a player is not present in the appropriate play channel, then that player is considered not to have shown up. One reason behind this is so that banned players are unable to circumvent their ban and play in tournaments despite not being able to join the channel.

Banning disruptive players is one of the few ways that we can make the ML experience more enjoyable for the rest of the community, and avoiding a degeneration to mwsgames.

That is a nice pool, even the luxury of 3 x Crush in the sideboard!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fume spitter and instill infection in the sideboard of your 9 swamp deck.
ShadowSkill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no build will be perfect. Instill infection in a deck with a lot of high casting cost bombs isn't the greatest idea. I debated on fume spitter for a hot min but ultimately in a deck with this many bombs do you want to put fume spitter in a spot? In a lesser pool no doubt those cards get in there. Didn't have a lot of creatures s is.

With Battlesphere, sword, demon, B. Zenith, Magnet, Imp, DS Axe your deck doesn't need to be perfect. Casting B.Zenith with demon is in play is the hotness. Getting it back twice in a game is sweet too.

It's all good.
Tidus-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have fumespitter over darksteel axe in a deck like yours
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer, that rule is antiquated. The website does not allow banned players to join events. Edit the rule imo.
BL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
At GP Paris, I was in the other room when round for my tournament (at x-2) started. My opponent did not look out for me. He just waited on his table for me to come. - I didn't deserve that Tardiness Gameloss. My opponent never searched for me!

/sarcasm?

Or I'm missing sth?
ShadowSkill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BL wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:

/sarcasm?

Or I'm missing sth?

Yes he is being retarded-sarcastic. The point I was making is that if the person in question truly wanted to play me, like the 6 people ahead of him, then he would have at least for a split second, clicked his freaking mouse a few times, like all those before him, and played me. He told me, however, that his deck sucked.

I have been playing Magic since The Dark. My DCI number is 6 digits and I have had a 1900+ DCI rating. Now I'm like 1800 something since Wizards decided since Lowryn to make the draft format easier for people who really don't know how to draft to occasionally beat better players and all I really like to do is draft because to me it is the most challenging format. Many pro's miss don't win PT's cause they can't draft. Any monkey can read the metagame info and pick tier 1 decks and play till they puke but in drafting there is a certain finesse. I digress, but the point is I have been to MANY a Regional, PT, PTQ, etc and yes if you can't find your name on the paper and go to the table where your opp is supposed to be then, yes, you deserve a game loss after the allotted time.

This is digital software that runs decent at best. Some person tried to give me a game lost after he cast a spell and and error message came up. He swore I crashed on purpose! OMFG!When my wife's 12k grant/refund comes in don't worry. I will try my hand at MODO. Most of my friends friends MWS is a joke cause many people don't know the rules and I usually defend it saying I run into a butt-load of great players. When someone argues that Tezzeret's 2nd ability takes away ichorclaw myr's infect ability, sometimes I wonder....
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should be praising your previous opponents rather than knocking the one dude who didn't play you.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
Farseer, that rule is antiquated. The website does not allow banned players to join events. Edit the rule imo.

Have you considered someone getting banned in the middle of a tournament? It has happened sort of recently, as I was in #judges when it went down. Also IIRC temporary bans for the IRC, ones that only last some amount of hours aren't logged into the site.

Regardless, the rule is still necessary. You have to set some line otherwise things get really gray instead of being black and white. If you start allowing players to bypass staying in the channel, you'll get all sorts of complaints and arguments over people complaining they were in XYZ server. We don't have a set or default play application, never mind specific server on one. If you are in the channel on time like you are supposed to, nothing wrong will happen. It's unfortunate that things like this happen when you can't connect to IRC, but the rules have to be consistent or many more problems arise.

ShadowSkill wrote:
BL wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:

/sarcasm?

Or I'm missing sth?

Yes he is being retarded-sarcastic. The point I was making is that if the person in question truly wanted to play me, like the 6 people ahead of him, then he would have at least for a split second, clicked his freaking mouse a few times, like all those before him, and played me. He told me, however, that his deck sucked.

I have been playing Magic since The Dark. My DCI number is 6 digits and I have had a 1900+ DCI rating. Now I'm like 1800 something since Wizards decided since Lowryn to make the draft format easier for people who really don't know how to draft to occasionally beat better players and all I really like to do is draft because to me it is the most challenging format. Many pro's miss don't win PT's cause they can't draft. Any monkey can read the metagame info and pick tier 1 decks and play till they puke but in drafting there is a certain finesse. I digress, but the point is I have been to MANY a Regional, PT, PTQ, etc and yes if you can't find your name on the paper and go to the table where your opp is supposed to be then, yes, you deserve a game loss after the allotted time.

This is digital software that runs decent at best. Some person tried to give me a game lost after he cast a spell and and error message came up. He swore I crashed on purpose! OMFG!When my wife's 12k grant/refund comes in don't worry. I will try my hand at MODO. Most of my friends friends MWS is a joke cause many people don't know the rules and I usually defend it saying I run into a butt-load of great players. When someone argues that Tezzeret's 2nd ability takes away ichorclaw myr's infect ability, sometimes I wonder....

First off, how long you've played, how good you are, or any of that has nothing to do with he topic at hand. It simply has to do with the logistics of the league. We have this rule in place for a reason and while your circumstance may be of no fault of your own, it is still necessary to have the rule require you to be in the chat. It is your responsibility to get in touch with your opponent, not assume you've already gone on to the server. There is no default play application or server, and you are required to be in the chat because of the potential for ban evading. Your opponent did nothing wrong, he simply followed the floor rules, something which you tried to circumvent. This is the point CMA-Flippi is making, he's just trying to make it analogous to a real life situation, not be sarcastic.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you suck QQ can't win a trial on m-l with busted sealed deck noob
HotSoup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, cry more? You had an insanely good sealed pool to start, two amazing mythics, one colorless and one in color of your other great rares? Yeah, let's cry and praise your skill. A two year old could win with a sealed pool with that many good cards and removal.

But I think the biggest issue here is that you expect to come looking for you. That's a joke. Get Mirc. Learn to connect. It's not bloody hard. There is NO reason that you can't get on MIRC that isn't fixable aside from a ban, which you shouldn't be trying to circumvent.

Anyways, this is why I don't play sealed with a large number of players. In the end, it all comes down to who has the best pool/bombs/removal. If your pool sucks, you lose. I play magic for skill, not luck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2