Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Necrotic ooze + steel hellkite

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
SirMok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Necrotic ooze + steel hellkite Reply with quote

If i have a steel hellkite in my graveyard and i attack with a necrotic ooze on my field.
Can i activate the copied abillity from steel hellkite on the ooze after he dealt dmg?

Becaus steel hellkite's abillity says if "STEEL HELLKITE deals dmg"
And its actually the ooze.

Hope u can help.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the first time these type of questions are asked in this forums, but whatever...

Having the name of the own card on an effect is EXACTLY the same as having "this card" instead. This is mostly applied in copying effects. So you might as well read: "Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost X whose controller was dealt combat damage by this creature this turn. Activate this ability only once each turn."

Hope this is the last time I see these kind of questions in here... Mr. Green
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
201. Name

[...]

201.4b If an ability of an object refers to that object by name, and an object with a different name gains that ability, all instances of the first name in the gained ability should be treated as the second name.

Yes. You can activate the activated ability. The above extract from the Comprehensive Rules is proof.
SirMok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1