Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wormfang Crab for cuties

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Wormfang Crab for cuties Reply with quote

Wormfang Crab is unblockable.

When Wormfang Crab enters the battlefield, an opponent chooses a permanent you control other than Wormfang Crab and exiles it.

When Wormfang Crab leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.

my opponent can choose Wormfang Crab itself? what happend?
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest reading the card againa permanent you control other than Wormfang Crab and exiles it.
You cant chose Wormfang Crab
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdeg87 is correct. Wormfang Crab cannot be targetted with its own ability. I think the source of the confusion might be that:

The printed text reads: "When Wormfang Crab comes into play, an opponent chooses a permanent you control and removes it from the game."

This was errata'd to: "When Wormfang Crab enters the battlefield, an opponent chooses a permanent you control other than Wormfang Crab and exiles it."
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be redundant for them to choose crab. it would then trigger to return it to the battlefield. the only reason i see an errata is because a card like blood seeker or poisonbelly ogre would jsut kill you.
Ninja87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
it would be redundant for them to choose crab. it would then trigger to return it to the battlefield. the only reason i see an errata is because a card like blood seeker or poisonbelly ogre would jsut kill you.

Last time decks like Project X would totally benefit from it if it is allowed to target itself.. so it would not quite be redundant.. it would be more like broken and overpowered than redundant..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1