Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Workstation Version 1.0

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Ninja87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Magic Workstation Version 1.0 Reply with quote

Is anyone continuing with the development of MWS? I was trying to search for any hints of it both in the forums and on google but could not find one.

I mean, I was using MWS since 3-5 years ago when Apprentice was still as popular and when I re-started magic again, I realise they are still stuck at Version 0.94f or something for the last few years.. I mean comon... get it to Version 1.0 already...

Edit: and before you guys start flaming me or trolling.. of coz I mean they should be trying to debug everything and clean up all the scripting errors etc and not just releasing Version 1.0 without doing any changes..
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have stopped all work on mws there will be no updates
Ninja87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
they have stopped all work on mws there will be no updates

That explains why I couldn't find anything... but why did they stop it? I guess Wizards got involved..
But their website is still letting users download and masterbase list are still constantly being released on some other sites, I don't see why anyone can't pick the project up again..
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know the exact reason but i heard they just disbanded or decided to stop working on it and they never released any of the coding
Ninja87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you hear it from? Coz it's not appearing anywhere on google.. And guess what, this topic is already on Google's first page if you search "Magic Workstation Stopped".. LOL

Who's collecting all the money if you buy the "original MWS" then?
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the programmers went AWOL with the source code several years ago.
jetstrike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switch to onlineplaytable. its similar to mws and works alot more liek modo plus you can draft with it and it is being actively developed
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, I was actually in contact with one of the guys helping with the project a couple of months back, and this is the alleged status of the project:

* Detonator is still coding solo.
    * Detonator recently got his hands on the rest of the code that he didn't have access to, which means that he is apparently back on coding.
    * He's currently working on the application side of MWS (i.e. NOT MWSPlay)

With all of that being said, I'm personally not holding my breath with regards to this actually resulting in something.
Ninja87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks alot.. this was all very informative...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1