Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Ninja87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Upcoming Judging Reply with quote

ducttape4you wrote:
I'll judge this later tonight, so get those last minute suggestions in.

I'm expecting at least 2 more entries from Ninja87 before then.

So far. . . man, there sure are a lotta broken cards in this thread.

LOL I'm honoured, my workplace is going through a pretty quiet period so I'm usually bored to death.. So please forgive my excessive spamming of this forum.. =p

And here it is.. another entry of mine.. haha

Dralnu's Recall
Instant, 1U
Uncommon

Target instant card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. (Mana cost includes color.)

“Why figure out new spells when the old ones work just fine?” – Lord Dralnu
KnowN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deceitful Mist | UB
Enchantment - Aura (U)

Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature is unblockable and has, Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player you may draw a card or have target player discard a card.

"Will you win with Knowledge? or Deceit?" - Circu, Dimir Lobotomist
Ninja87

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnowN wrote:
Deceitful Mist | UB
Enchantment - Aura (U)

Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature is unblockable and has, Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player you may draw a card or have target player discard a card.

That's so broken... even a Finkle, just having fear to draw a card without having an option to discard an opponent was a rare.. =.=
Sorrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja87 wrote:
KnowN wrote:
Deceitful Mist | UB
Enchantment - Aura (U)

Enchant Creature

That's so broken... even a Finkle, just having fear to draw a card without having an option to discard an opponent was a rare.. =.=

Finkle doesn't allow an easy 2-for-1 for your opponent if they happen to have removal for the creature, though.
ducttape4you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Judging Reply with quote

How'd I say I'd do this, again?

HujuVanikil wrote:
Cruel Calling| BB
Sorcery - Uncommon

Each player discards a card, if a black card is discarded this way you may then put a creature card from your graveyard onto the battlefield.

Demons willing to deal care little whether the soul they will receive is yours

Rarity: 4/5 - Sure, uncommon or rare.
Flavor: 4/5 - I dig it, especially the flavor text. Magicy, though not specific.
Fun: 2/5 - Recursion is fun, until it just feels like cheating. Also, this card kinda does it all, removing the need for other pieces of the classic reanimator set-up. This ties into power.
Originality: 3/5 - Sorta a swiss army knife approach, tailored to reanimator.
Balance: 2/5 - This card is broken. It would see play, in spades, in every format it is available. It would warp metagames. The only reason it isn't receiving a one is because there are so many ways development could nerf it after testing (i.e. more expensive, targeting the creature card, etc).
Clarity: 10/10 - Incredibly elegant. An elaborate set-up of simple abilities culminating in a sum greater than its parts.
Extra: 2/3 - This is actually a lot worse in limited.

Total: 27/38
Note: I like where your head's at on this, but you could have taken a minute to realize it was broken and tone it down.

Djinn wrote:
Congregation at Dusk | BUU

Instant (Uncommon)

Search your library for up to three instant cards and reveal them. Shuffle your library, then put those cards on top of it in any order.

Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.

Rarity: 5/5 - I can't argue this doesn't make a good uncommon, as it does essentially what its mirror, congregation at dawn, did at uncommon. Also, it's a type of effect I think is good at uncommon, allowing lower budget players a chance to play with the few wallet-breaking bombs they pulled/bought.
Flavor: 2/5 - Eh? Instants get together at dusk? The flavor text is kinda cool, but I feel like this is lacking something to tie it together. Maybe I just don't get it.
Fun: 4/5 - Picking the perfect spells to get through a tight one is awesome! Waiting for someone to figure out what they are? eh. . .
Originality: 3/5 - It's sorta been done.
Balance: 4/5 - I worry about this for Legacy, but the 3cc should make it okay, I think.
Clarity: 10/10 - Intuitive. Easy. I dig it.
Extra: 1/3 - Getting 3 removal spells in limited is good, but maybe not broken. 2 of these are a beating, though.

Total: 29/38
Note: Something about this card feels witchy to me.

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Blazing Inferno 1R

Instant - Uncommon

Blazing Inferno deals 3 damage to 3 target creatures or players.
If a creature dealt damage this way would be put into a graveyard, exile it instead.

A towering blaze engulfing everything soon to be turned to ash.

Rarity: 1/5 - This much burn feels rare. I mean, it's 9 damage. Also, it kinda sounds like a big deal.
Flavor: 1/5 - It's a lot of fire. Why does this inferno have to burn exactly 3 things? Flavor text is lackluster.
Originality: 2/5 - Not an unused drawback, but also not beat to death. This card feels like Firestorm, though.
Balance: 1/5 - That's too much burn for 2 mana.
Clarity: 7/10 - Points deducted for missing the "until end of turn" part of the exile clause. If that was intentional, then points off for poor design.
Extra: 0/3 - This breaks limited so hard.

Total:12/38
Note: I felt like the card you edited this into was a lot better.

ck3gds wrote:
Soul Spike | BR
Instant (uncommon)
As an additional cost to cast Soul Spike, discard a creature card.
Soul Spike deals damage equal to the power of the discarded card to target creature or player. You lose life equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost.

Rarity: 5/5 - Perfectly uncommon.
Flavor: 1/5 - Sort of bland. Also, the name is taken.
Fun: 3/5 - Effects like this can be enjoyable, but the drawback seems so risky.
Originality: 2/5 - This seems like a variation on a pretty common effect.
Balance: 3/5 - I think this requires building around to really be playable, but I could be wrong. Sick with Death's Shadow, though.
Clarity: 10/10 - Makes perfect sense. Is elegant, even.
Extra: 3/3 - This doesn't really break a limited pool.

Total:28/38
Note: I don't feel like this would really get chased.

Fidelis wrote:
Hushmage 1UU

Creature - Uncommon

Flash

When Hushmage enters the battlefield counter target activated or triggered ability.

2/1

No secrets are ever revealed in his presence.

Rarity: 4/5 - This is skirting the uncommon/rare edge.
Flavor: 4/5 - Good flavor, but not particularly Magic tied.
Fun: 4/5 - Yeh! Monkey wrench FTW!
Originality: 2/5 - Feels a lot like Voidmage Husher.
Balance: 5/5 - This feels strong, like maybe it's a little too cheap. That's exactly what I was looking for here.
Clarity: 7/10 - You forgot some stuff, like the type line.
Extra: 2/3 - Only as good as the ability you counter.

Total: 28/38
Note: I actually really like this card and would play it. A lot.

Jacois wrote:
Temporal Tornado 2U
Instant
Put target land on top of its owners library.

Rarity: 5/5 - Uncommon is about the only rarity that works for this.
Flavor: 2/5 - Makes sense flavorfully, but doesn't really take it to the goal.
Fun: 2/5 - Not my idea of fun, anyway.
Originality: 1/5 - Very much like temporal spring, plow under, etc.
Balance: 5/5 - Just a little too good, which, as I mentioned above, is the idea.
Clarity: 10/10 - It does what that line of text says it does.
Extra: 3/3 - I don't think it'd break limited, really.

Total: 28/38
Note: I feel like this design is kinda stale.

quote="posso"]Divine omen (2) uncommon
Artifact

(1)Tap: scry 2.
(1)sacrifice Divine omen: draw a card.

"your strategy is marvelous. I've just made a few minor adjustments."[/quote]

Rarity: 5/5 - Sounds just like an uncommon.
Flavor: 1/5 - I don't get it. How is an omen an artifact? What's the flavor text about?
Fun: 5/5 - I always liked Top, though it could get a little slow. This solves that.
Originality: 1/5 - Feels like a fixed Sensei's Divining Top.
Balance: 5/5 - probably better balanced than the original.
Clarity: 8/10 - Clean and elegant. You forgot the commas in the ability costs and some capitalization, though.
Extra: 1/3 - Still really, really good in limited. Dig up those bombs.

Total: 26/38
Note: The flavor on this seems really after-the-fact.

Sorrel wrote:
Soulless Consultant | 1BB
Creature - Wizard Horror (Uncommon)

When Soulless Consultant comes into play, reveal the top card of your library. You may choose to put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it into your graveyard, lose 1 life, and repeat this process.

2/1

"If you cannot sell something, it has no value."

Rarity: 2/5 - This feels really rare to me.
Flavor: 4/5 - I love it, though it feels like maybe it should have been a demon.
Fun: 5/5 - I always liked the suspense this effect built for both players.
Originality: 3/5 - A new execution of an old effect, with a body to match.
Balance: 2/5 - Way too good for standard, and probably a piece to make something obnoxious in eternal. At least it could be tweaked to be less broken.
Clarity: 10/10 - Even worded properly, this is just a tricky effect to grasp.
Extra: 1/3 - Pretty stupid in limited. Dig for those bombs.

Note: I just don't think you can let that kinda effect be so controllable. I think there has to be an "Oops, I'm dead" safety.

Ninja87 wrote:
Elvish Rejuvenator
Creature - Elf Shaman 2/1, 2G
Uncommon

Morph GG (You may cast this face down as a 2/2 creature for {3}. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)

When Elvish Rejuvenator is turned face up, regenerate up to three target creatures you control.

"Her presence brought forth the winds of grace and glory, replenishing our hope, our strength and our will to survive.” – Elvish Warrior

Rarity: 5/5 - Uncommon seems quite appropriate for this.
Flavor: 4/5 - Everything makes sense, down to the line from the oft-quoted Elvish Warrior
Fun: 4/5 - Combat tricks and morph are pretty fun
Originality: 2/5 - Kinda feels like an upgrade to Daru Mender
Balance: 2/5 - I wonder about just how good this would be, since it eats 5 mana over a turn or two and has a relatively small body.
Clarity: 10/10 - Does what it says it does. At first, I thought you had botched the reminder text for Morph, but apparently it is worded that way.
Extra: 0/3 - Quite swingy in limited. In fact, I think that's where it's at it's best.

Note: I don't really feel like this card would get chased or even necessarily see that much constructed play.

kumagmd wrote:
Reaping Tax
1G
Instant - Uncommon

Search your library for up to three basic forests, reveal them, then put them into your hand. Play Reaping Tax only when your opponent has played a land this turn.

"Turn the soil - pay for your toil. If bugs you see - they'll be really crunchy!" - Squee, Goblin Nabob

Rarity: 5/5 - Yeh, like Gift of Estates, uncommon.
Flavor: 4/5 - Flavor is cohesive, but I'm afraid the taxing element makes it feel awkward in green.
Fun: 5/5 - I dig it. As a way to simply smooth your land drops and thin your deck, it's good, but this card really shines when paired with stuff that really likes more cards in your hand or has a landfall trigger.
Originality: 2/5 - It's a lot like Gift of Estates.
Balance: 5/5 - The right power level for a chase uncommon, I think.
Clarity: 9/10 - I think it should be "if your opponent has played. . ."
Extra: 1/3 - Seems pretty stupid in limited, as it basically insures you get the mana to play your bombs.

Total: 31/38
Note: I started to give you 3/5 on flavor, but I really like that flavor text. Probably my favorite quote out of the whole bunch. I love Squee.

huntergatsby wrote:
1WB Knight of Cursed Iris

Creature type: Zombie Knight (U)

When KOCIenters the battlefield, exile target land, and lose 2 life.

When KOCIleaves the battlefield, return the exiled land to the battlefield under your control.

2/2

"Blood and drought is all it carries. Pray you never see one.

Rarity: 3/5 - Feels more like a rare to me.
Flavor: 2/5 - I get a hint of the flavor from the name, which jives well with the abilities, but I don't think land theft is really in black or white's pie, even with the nightmare-style clause. Also, lackluster flavor text.
Fun: 3/5 - Mana denial cards are hard to judge based on fun, as it's really subjective.
Originality: 5/5 - Like the nightmare creatures from odyssey and a few variations they've printed since, but your twist makes it feel really fresh.
Balance: 4/5 - This seems really good. Screw with somebody's mana and apply pressure. When they deal with it, accelerate into a larger threat, still leaving them a land down. Ew. I think it might even catch play in eternal builds like Dead Guy.
Clarity: 9/10 - I think there might be an unnecessary comma in the etb trigger.
Extra: 0/3 - So very, very mean in limited.

Total:26/38
Note: I really just feel like white and black don't get land theft, which hurt this entry a lot.

Ninja87 wrote:
Wall of Simplicity
Creature - Wall 0/4, 1U
Uncommon

Defender, Shroud (This creature can't attack and it can't be the target of spells or abilities.)

When Wall of Simplicity comes into play, uptap up to two lands.

"The mages needs to meditate quietly while keeping off all the complexity of the outside world from their minds.”

Rarity: 5/5 - While other cards skirted the rare/uncommon line, this tends towards the more common end of the uncommon section, but firmly fits into uncommon ground.
Flavor: 2/5 - Cohesive, but the flavor text is riddled with grammatical errors and isn't particularly strong, even barring that.
Fun: 3/5 - It's a wall that's really hard to remove, making it more frustrating than fun, I fear.
Originality: 5/5 - You combined simple design elements to create something unique here.
Balance: 5/5 - Really good, but not quite broken. It'd probably be the most effect tool mono-blue has had against aggro in ages.
Clarity: 9/10 - Everything is pretty simple, but I went ahead and deducted a point here for the errors in the flavor text.
Extra: 2/3 - While it doesn't win you a game in limited by itself, it's likely to hit the board, not slow down your tempo, and then stay there the rest of the game.

Total:31/38
Note: I really like this card and think, were it printed, a defender deck might almost be viable.

KeySam wrote:
2G
Me and Myself
Instant - uncommon
Choose one, Reveal a creature card from your hand and search your library for a creature card with the same name and put it into your hand or reveal 2 creature cards with the same name and put one of those onto the battlefield.
Entwine 2G
You may be able to beat me once, but twice i doubt that.

Rarity: 4/5 - This skirts that uncommon/rare line I've talked about. As I mentioned previously, though, I like search effects at uncommon.
Flavor: 4/5 - Everything here is very cohesive, but the flavor text should be ". . .but twice? I doubt. . ." Also, there are so many iconic green characters. You couldn't have found someone to say this?
Fun: 5/5 - I think this is a fun effect, and I like the way it forces both players to play the game a turn or two ahead of time by tipping your hand to your opponent.
Originality: 2/5 - Here you suffer, as this feels like Tooth or Nail meets Summoning Trap.
Balance: 3/5 - Man, this is super potent. Instant speed puts it a bit over the top, I fear, and I think maybe development would change it into a sorcery. Can you imagine using this with Primeval Titan in standard at somebody's eot?
Clarity: 5/10 - This should be worded: "Choose one - Reveal a creature card from your hand, search your library for a creature card with the same name, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library; or reveal 2 creature cards with the same name from your hand and put one of those onto the battlefield."
Extra: 3/3 - Since you need multiples of anything you want to use this with, it becomes a lot less potent in limited.

Note: I love the name here.

DoomBr1nger wrote:
Gemini Bodyguard | 1WG

Creature - Human Soldier

Flash.

When Gemini Bodyguard enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 Soldier token into the battlefield.

Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may return Gemini Bodyguard to its owner's hand.

In and out in the blink of an eye.

2/2

Rarity: 4/5 - Again, skirting that uncommon/rare line.
Flavor: 3/5 - The gemini part makes a lot of sense, but the bodyguard part, flash, and the flavor text seem to be pulling it in different directions. I don't get how this is in any way a bodyguard.
Fun: 4/5 - Surprise! I've got blockers! or attackers. Creature engines are kinda fun, I think.
Originality: 4/5 - Not something we've exactly seen before, though the gemini angle is a bit used.
Balance: 3/5 - This can make so many 2/2s, and rewards an aggro deck for doing what it wants to do anyway. I'm afraid the bounce clause may have pushed it over the top. 4 power for 3 is a pretty good deal to start with, plus flash. . .
Clarity: 6/10 - You token text is sloppy. No color specified, should specify a creature token, and would it have killed you to make it a Human Soldier token, to match up with the creature that makes it?
Extra: 0/3 - This, essentially single handedly, would win limited games.

Total:24/38
Note: I felt this card was a lot more balanced as you originally submitted it. Maybe, in this incarnation, if it cost 4 you'd be in the clear.

Ninja87 wrote:
Decaying Corpsemage
Creature - Zombie Wizard 2/3, BB
Uncommon

Infect, Vanishing 2.
Whenever you remove a time counter from Decaying Corpsemage, put a poison counter on target player.

"They smell worse than Bosh's thousand year fart from the Mephidross!" - Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer”

Rarity: 5/5 - Perfect uncommon. I'm not sure there's any other rarity this would work at.
Flavor: 4/5 - The flavor of a rotting corpse that makes ya sick is quite nice, but I feel the flavor text is a bit low-brow for Magic. Maybe in an un-set.
Fun: 5/5 - I think it'd be a blast. Also, sick interactions with proliferate. Also, this'd be fun to find a way to suspend.
Originality: 4/5 - Kinda like Keldon Marauder, only for infect. Also, a good use of Vanishing. Not quite like anything else.
Balance: 3/5 - I think this pushes poison a bit hard, especially considering how careful they've been with non-combat poison counters.
Clarity: 8/10 - I feel like the poison counter trigger should have a "may" in there, lest it create unpleasant back-ups and get people warnings for failure to maintain game state.
Extra: 0/3 - Infect gets stupid in limited with this, I fear.

Note: I like the idea of vanishing on creatures that are slowly falling apart.

ikazuchi wrote:
Gideon's Confines 1WW
Enchantment - Aura (Uncommon)

Enchant permanent

Enchanted permanent's activated abilities can't be activated unless they're mana abilities. When enchanted permanent becomes tapped, destroy it.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
-Gideon Jura

Rarity: 5/5 - Exactly uncommon. Nothing else to say.
Flavor: 3/5 - I like how well it interacts with Gideon, but I'm not a fan of that flavor text.
Fun: 5/5 - Makes something only able to block (if it's a creature), then makes it killable with another ability. I think that's pretty fun.
Originality: 1/5 - This is very similar to so many of its predecessors.
Balance: 5/5 - This would see play, but I don't think it would really break anything, since it is strictly reactive.
Clarity: 8/10 - The wording is a little off. Should be ". . .permanent's abilities can't be activated. . ." The double use of "activated" is redundant. Triggered and static abilities don't get activated.
Extra: 3/3 - It's just some potent removal, which is pretty regular at uncommon in limited.

Total: 30/38
Note: As cool as this is, I'd rather just have Faith's Fetters.

b4il3y wrote:
Stonybrook Bodyguard | 1UU
Creature - Merfolk (U)
Flash
When Stonybrook Bodyguard comes into play, target Merfolk you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
2/2
Serving the Lords of the deep are the main purpose for these stout bodyguards.

Rarity: 5/5 - Yup, that's uncommon.
Flavor: 3/5 - Everything fits into a Lorwyn flavor here except the flavor text. They totally could have been trained by Sygg to escort important diplomats and merchants about the Merrow Lanes or somesuch. Also, protection effects aren't exactly blue's pie.
Fun: 4/5 - I think this gets this rating because it has so many applications for merfolk. It can act like a counterspell (sorta), a combat trick, an eot play after representing countermagic, etc.
Originality: 2/5 - This feels a lot like Sygg and kinda like curse catcher.
Balance: 4/5 - This is really good, but I think the 3cc weakens it considerably, since that slot is already so crowded in merfolk. I feel like this would probably find it's way into several decks, but rarely as a 4-of.
Clarity: 8/10 - does what it says it does, but shouldn't it have another creature type?
Extra: 3/3 - In limited, it's just a 2-for-1, unless you play it really well.

Note: What's with all the Bodyguards?

EMA wrote:
Rotling - 3BG

Creature - Elemental (U)

2/4

Evoke 1BG

Deathtouch

When Rotling enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or creature. It can't be regenerated.

If you can see it, it's too late

Rarity: 5/5 - Comes across as pretty uncommon.
Flavor: 4/5 - Cohesive as a whole, though it doesn't tie into the Lorwyn setting very well.
Fun: 4/5 - Removal on legs. Ripe for tricks.
Originality: 1/5 - It's putrefy on legs, flavor and all.
Balance: 5/5 - It's the right kinda of powerful and probably not broken.
Clarity: 10/10 - Does what it says it does.
Extra: 2/3 - In limited, it's removal that probably gets you a 2-for-1.

Total: 31/38
Note: What's a Rotling? I feel like there's a conflict here between Lorwyn mechanics and Eventide flavor.

Ninja87 wrote:
Baneling Swarm
Creature - Zombie Insect 0/0, X1B
Uncommon

Baneling Swarm comes into play with X +1/+1 counters.

When Baneling Swarm is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, it deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players. Where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Baneling Swam.

"Banelings, banelings, banelings, Ohhhhh!
Like a deadly green landmine, mine!" - Kurt Hugo Schneider

Rarity: 3/5 - Skirts that uncommon/rare line I've mentioned.
Flavor: 2/5 - What's a baneling? Also, the flavor text is over my head. Does feel like a swarm of insects, though, but don't insects usually fly?
Fun: 4/5 - If ya pay for it, ya get something. I like that. Dying to be paired with deathtouch or infect.
Originality: 5/5 - I think the idea of a scalable Mogg Fanatic effect is new enough.
Balance: 3/5 - I think you could have gone a little farther with this. Flying might have been a nice touch.
Clarity: 5/10 - Things don't come into play anymore. Also, that last clause is off; it should be ". . .players, where X. . ."
Extra: 2/3 - I like this in limited. Good early or late.

Total: 24/38
Note: I feel like this is a bit underpowered and might not even see much constructed play.

CharlesT wrote:
Nether Leeches - BB
Creature - Zombie Leech [Uncommun]
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target land from the game.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled land on the battlefield.
1/1
"Bringing nether on their way."

Rarity: 5/5 - Yeh, that's uncommon.
Flavor: 2/5 - I can see leeches interacting with lands, but what's the nether got to do with it?
Fun: 4/5 - Steal somebody's land, then they get it back when they kill a 1/1. Interactive, at least.
Originality: 1/5 - Seems pretty derivative and too much like the Knight posted previously.
Balance: 3/5 - I just don't think this is very good, save in multiples.
Clarity: 4/10 - The wordings on both those abilities are off. Things don't get exiled "from the game" and things return to the battlefield.
Extra: 3/3 - Pretty lackluster in limited.

Total: 22/38
Note: This seems like weaksauce. Also, I think Nether in Magic usually deals with self-recursion.

Ninja87 wrote:

Dralnu's Recall
Instant, 1U
Uncommon

Target instant card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. (Mana cost includes color.)

“Why figure out new spells when the old ones work just fine?” – Lord Dralnu

Rarity: 4/5 - Recoup was an uncommon, but this is more narrow, so maybe it should be common?
Flavor: 5/5 - Great! Way elaborate on an established character.
Fun: 4/5 - Do something. Do it again. That's fun.
Originality: 1/5 - It's basically Recoup, but without flashback.
Balance: 2/5 - I don't think Recoup saw much play, but the instant speed might help with that. Still seems kinda weak, as it doesn't provide any card advantage on its own and hurts your tempo more than just playing another copy of the spell you're flashing back.
Clarity: 9/10 - Does just what it says. You had room for the flashback reminder text, though.
Extra: 2/3 - Only as good as the spell you recur, and then actually a little worse.

Note: I'm not sure this would actually get chased, as it feels pretty weak.

KnowN wrote:
Deceitful Mist | UB
Enchantment - Aura (U)

Enchant Creature

Rarity: 2/5 - This feels rare to me, but I guess it could be uncommon.
Flavor: 3/5 - I wanted to give this a higher rating, since I love the flavor text and ability, but mist just doesn't feel like a creature aura to me. Mist fits better as a global enchantment, enchant land, or creature. I mean, how does a creature carry around mist?
Fun: 4/5 - Options are fun, as they give you a chance to outplay opponents. This card is full of options.
Originality: 4/5 - I really like the idea of giving a choice on how you're getting your card advantage. I think that's new, too.
Balance: 3/5 - So very, very good. Imagine this on a Troll Ascetic. Or Thrun. Or anything with a combat damage trigger. Ew.
Clarity: 8/10 - You need quotation marks around the ability it gives the creature. No comma necessary.
Extra: 0/3 - Limited games would be decided by this card.

Total: 24/38
Note: This card is so very good. I really wanted to give you more points for flavor, as I think the Dimir feel was very well executed, but, man, the mist thing hurt it a lot.

Well, with a 3-way-tie at 31 points for victor, I'm gonna call this in favor of ninja87 because all his entries were relatively solid and if he's judging the next round maybe he won't spam the thread so bad Wink

Thanks for playing, everybody. Sorry this took so long to judge.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Clarity: 8/10 - The wording is a little off. Should be ". . .permanent's abilities can't be activated. . ." The double use of "activated" is redundant. Triggered and static abilities don't get activated.

you are wrong about this one, this is correct way to word it Wink

gz to Ninja87
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=209007

And that's why.
Ninja87

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol the baneling one was just for fun.. It's from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh8zhTiY

And if you play Starcraft II you'd know what it is.. haha

Thanks! But damn.. I don't get to spam as much anymore... tomorrow's my last day of work anyway so good timing.. =)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3