Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few deck questions

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to explain without getting too technical about it.
Faeries had Bitterblossom, Basically giving you a Faerie every turn. This creates card advantage which other decks couldnt keep up with. The deck never had to tap mana in its own turn to play creatures so it always had counter mana up.
Stoneforge Mystic does something similiar in the Caw deck. Coming down on turn 2, providing card advantage and allowing you to keep counter mana up.
A cheap deck if your looking to get back into magic would be Kuldothi Red. Its fast and more importantly doesnt cost much to assemble. Check results from GP/PT Paris to find a good list
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caw wins by sheer card advantage by using several tricks such as playing squadron hawk, then jace the mind sculptor to draw three putting 2 hawks back on top, then playing hawk again to grab the 2 hawks. etc

faeries wins by denying your opponent resources while advancing your own game plan. faeries is extended however while caw go is standard.

If you're planning on going to fnm you need a standard deck, while their are many budget options, blue is probably not the cheap route to go. I'd recommend looking into kudoltha red or white quest for a strong budget deck.
Ninja87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HujuVanikil wrote:
caw wins by sheer card advantage by using several tricks such as playing squadron hawk, then jace the mind sculptor to draw three putting 2 hawks back on top, then playing hawk again to grab the 2 hawks. etc

OOHHHH!!! Wow, that's a nice play.. lol I actually haven't met that type of play in MWS.. >,<
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOHHHH!!! Wow, that's a nice play.. lol I actually haven't met that type of play in MWS.. >,<[quote]

yes, actually is a smart way to power up brainstorm...even more
EMA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fr3dom07"]OOHHHH!!! Wow, that's a nice play.. lol I actually haven't met that type of play in MWS.. >,<
Quote:

yes, actually is a smart way to power up brainstorm...even more

I think (hope) he was ironic??? ;P
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1