Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My First Attempt of a Podcast

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: My First Attempt of a Podcast Reply with quote

Hi,
I did my first attempt at podcasting and would love to hear what you guys think of it. My podcast is about magic strategy i will pick 1 topic and talk 5-10 minutes about it. If you want to listen to the first episode go here:
http://www.mtgcast.com/?p=7949

Please give me feedback here or on mtgcast.

KeySam
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your voice and accent were too hard to listen to. I couldn't concentrate on it. Please take this as constructive criticism and not as an insult, because putting yourself out like that is really inspiring. I totally respect you for doing that.

Could you maybe write it out in article form and give it to Weedmonkey to post?
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried articles but i actually have a realy hard time writing espacally in english, it takes up too mutch time(i still have a job). And last time i tried to get an Article posted here it never got posted Wink
But thanks for your criticism, if i am going to continue this i will try harder.

KeySam
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to
a) help you with the english involved if you wanna script it.
b) help with article writing.

I still remember your kickass article on elfball back in the day.
You're a great innovator/theorycrafter so I'd definitely be interested in helping out.
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of thanks fireblt, although i didnt write an article about elfball(at least i think). Although i have to say i dont think you know what you would getting yourself into. I have a weak form of dislexica, which means you probably have to put in about the same amount of work i would Sad, but if your still willing to help me i actually will think about it. Kind of sad i figured that i would be fine with a podcast instead of writing, but i guess my english is to bad Wink

KeySam
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly the perfect way to put interesting thought like yours on voice.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeySam wrote:
First of thanks fireblt, although i didnt write an article about elfball(at least i think). Although i have to say i dont think you know what you would getting yourself into. I have a weak form of dislexica, which means you probably have to put in about the same amount of work i would Sad, but if your still willing to help me i actually will think about it. Kind of sad i figured that i would be fine with a podcast instead of writing, but i guess my english is to bad Wink

KeySam

Yeh I'm willing man.
msn me on jeevakan@live.com and we'll see what we can do.
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fireblt i still have to think about it, if i can keep podcasting i would be mutch happier, it makes more fun and isnt as difficult for me Wink. I think nextime i will just do more attempts and try to speak clearer, if its still not good enough, i probably come back to you but thanks alot

KeySam
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of points:

Different people will have an affinity for different genres of communication. Some will be drawn to postcasting, others articles. If podcasting is what you feel more comfortable doing, it pays to stick with podcasting and improving your skills with podcasting Smile

Regarding your english, I'm reasonably sure it's less about the quality of your english (which based on reading you in the forums etc. is actually quite good) and more your ability to articulate words in English. This comes with practice Smile You may also find it easier to articulate if you slow down your pace of talking a little bit.

That being said, I quite enjoyed the podcast and look forward to seeing how this evolves Smile
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I like the sneaky 1 of Spell Pierce!
Mod_Counter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, interesting thought, I think i really learned a lot from this podcast.

Keep up the good work.

Will you keep us informed here when your next cast comes out?
KeySam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the mods dont mind,i would post links to the podcast in this forum of course you could do a rss feed from mtgcast or just look at mtgcast regularly. But like i said if the mods dont mind i will post links asap after the show came out Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1