Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-a-Card Round 13

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Create-a-Card Round 13 Reply with quote

These forums are always too quiet. How about a competition? The rules are simple:

1. Judge posts the card criteria;

2. People make card(s) based on the criteria;

3. Judge picks a winner; and

4. The winner becomes the judge for the next round.

---
In order for the judging to not be random, this is what I will be looking at. It shouldn't restrict your card ideas in any way.

Development - 10pts - How creative is your card? Is there a conglomeration of random abilities? Does it flow? Does this card interest a particular player?

Practicality - 10pts - Color Pie Issues? Does the rarity fit? If this was put onto a card, would the text be so small nobody could read it? Is the card too weak or over-powered?

Name of the card - 5pts - How cool does it sound? Would it ever be printed as such? Do you read it once and say OMG THAT'S THE NUTS and read it ten more times?

Flavour Text - 5pts - How cool does it sound? Would it ever be printed as such? Do you read it once and say OMG THAT'S THE NUTS and read it ten more times?

---

The Challenge:

Create a piece of equipment. As simple as that. I do not want new ability keywords as there are plenty to choose from already. Be creative and try to surprise me Smile
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrificial Armor 3

Artifact - Equipment Rare

Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has Deathtouch and Provoke.

Equip 1

7, Sacrifice ~: You gain an emblem that says, "Creatures you control have deathtouch and provoke."

"Even if you kill me, you will not escape alive." - Lim-Dul

Last edited by blitzer2k7 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Sorrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accursed Mask | 3
Artifact - Equipment (Rare)

0: Equipped creature becomes a copy of a creature exiled with Accursed Mask.

Whenever Accursed Mask becomes unattached from a permanent, exile that permanent.

Equip 2

"I have only one wish - to wear my own face once again."
posso

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Envy's Blade (2 ) rare

Artifact equipment

Whenever equiped creature deals damage to a oponent you gain the control of a permanent of your choice that player controls and that player gains control of a permanent of your choice that you control.
Equip 2
BigShowDT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unstable Explosives | 4
Artifact - Equipment(rare)

Whenever equipped creature attackes it deals damage equal to its power to defending opponent. Sacrifice Unstable Explosives at the end of combat.

Equip 4

Cycling 6

Whenever you cycle Unstable Explosives put it onto the battlefield attached to target creature you control. Sacrifice Unstable Explosives and target creature at the end of the next end step.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imaginary Armor | 0
Artifact Equipment - Uncommon

When Imaginary Armor leaves the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

Equip 1
I pull out my robe and wizard hat...
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flag 1

Artifact - Equipment *Uncommon*

As long as Flag is equipped on a creature you control, creatures you control gain +0/+1.
While choosing targets as part of casting a spell or activating an ability, your opponents must choose equipped creature if able.

Equip 1
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiked Armor 2
Equipped creature gets +2/-2

Whenever equipped creature leaves the battlefield, you may pay 3. If you do, you may attach ~ to target creature an opponent controls.

Equip 2

Stupid goblins, always double nail everything.

I couldn't come up with a name Crying or Very sad
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
HujuVanikil wrote:
Imaginary Armor | 0

When Imaginary Armor leaves the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

Equip 1

Is it just me, or am I missing something???

It's just you.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of the Suns
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equip: Sacrifice a basic land
Protection from each colour of mana your basic lands could produce.
whenever equipped creature attacks, deal X damage to target creature or player, equipped creature gets +X/+X.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, draw X cards and that player loses X life.
X is the number of basic land types you control.

'This is MY domain. The land itself will lend its strength to me' - Garruk Enraged
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doran's Aegis 3
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (Mythic Rare)

Equipped creature gets +0/+5.

Equipped creature assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.

Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.

Equip 3

The best time to plant a tree is hundred years ago. The second best time is now.
-Treefolk proverb

Last edited by ikazuchi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 am; edited 5 times in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Sword of Ifbeth 3

You may equip Cursed Sword of Ifbeth to creatures an opponet controls as well as your own. Equipped creature loses all abilities and is a 1/1. When a creature equipped with curse sword of Ifbeth is put into the graveyard, that creatures controller gain control of Cursed Sword of Ifbeth.

Equip 2.

The cursed sword of the malevolent djinn's of the daeslous desert, gifted to the unsuspecting who cross the djinn's path.
KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of Chaos and Order | 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from white.

Whenever equipped creature does combat damage to a player, after this phase there is an additional combat phase and put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.

Equip 2.

"Add 2 hands of a soldier, 5 teeth from a goblin and the wings of an angel. Cook it over Dragons Fire" - Boros Guildmage
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go:

Quote:
Sacrificial Armor 3

Artifact - Equipment Rare

Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has Deathtouch and Provoke.

Equip 1

7, Sacrifice ~: You gain an emblem that says, "Creatures you control have deathtouch and provoke."

"Even if you kill me, you will not escape alive." - Lim-Dul

Development - 7pts - getting together deathtouch and provoke is a great idea
Practicality - 5pts however that is very powerful, and even at rare is just a card that wouldn't see print I guess
Name of the card - 2pts I can't see how an armor provides deathtouch and provoke, but the sacrifice part is good though
Flavour Text - 3pts good flavour, but I used Lim-Dl in the last winning card
Total: 17

Quote:
Accursed Mask | 3

0: Equipped creature becomes a copy of a creature exiled with Accursed Mask.

Whenever Accursed Mask becomes unattached from a permanent, exile that permanent.

Equip 2

"I have only one wish - to wear my own face once again."

Development - 9pts Definitely a great idea, a shapeshifter equipment
Practicality - 8pts Definitely a rare, probably it might work better if it only allowed to copy last exiled card instead of an activated ability to choose. Great idea anyway
Name of the card - 4pts I like how you transmitted the curse of the mask in the sacrifice part. However, the drawback is not that bad by itself, maybe it needed losing some life or something to go with the curse part
Flavour Text - 4pts Original and cool, fits the card
Total: 23

Quote:
Envy's Blade (2 ) rare

Artifact equipment

Whenever equiped creature deals damage to a oponent you gain the control of a permanent of your choice that player controls and that player gains control of a permanent of your choice that you control.
Equip 2

Development - 7pts Good concept, but I always hated this kind of cards
Practicality - 7pts Certainly (un?)playable at best, not too good of a rare either
Name of the card - 3pts Fits the card, didn't surprise me though
Flavour Text - 0pts No flavour Sad
Total: 17

Quote:
Blood Wrench | 3
Artifact - Equipment (rare)
Blood Wrench can be attached only to a nonartifact creature.
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 for each charge counter on Blood Wrench.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by equipped creature this turn is put into a graveyard, put a charge counter on Blood Wrench.
Whenever Blood Wrench becomes unattached from a permanent, sacrifice that permanent and put a charge counter on Blood Wrench.
Equip 0
A cursed blade that's hungry for blood

Development - 7pts Good idea, but way too many stuff on the card
Practicality - 5pts Equip 0? That's just too sick. I sacrifice my 5 tokens to give one of my dudes +15/+15. SUUUURE
Name of the card - 3pts Average
Flavour Text - 3pts Average
Total:18

Quote:
Unstable Explosives | 4
Artifact - Equipment(rare)

Whenever equipped creature attackes it deals damage equal to its power to defending opponent. Sacrifice Unstable Explosives at the end of combat.

Equip 4

Cycling 6

Whenever you cycle Unstable Explosives put it onto the battlefield attached to target creature you control. Sacrifice Unstable Explosives and target creature at the end of the next end step.

Development - 6pts Good idea, but I was missing saccing the creature when you equip it as well
Practicality - 5pts Kinda meh, cycling+equipment
Name of the card - 4pts Good, but not shockingly good
Total: 15

Quote:
Imaginary Armor | 0

Equip 1

Development - 7pts Great idea, wouldn't have thought of this myself but it's not really spectacular
Practicality - 6pts Sounds good for timmy players if they can find a crazy combo to go with it, apart from that the usual crappy uncommon I do not want to crack in my sealed
Name of the card - 4pts This one made me laugh
Flavour Text - 3pts Average
Total: 20

Quote:
Flag 1

Artifact - Equipment *Uncommon*

As long as Flag is equipped on a creature you control, creatures you control gain +0/+1.
While choosing targets as part of casting a spell or activating an ability, your opponents must choose equipped creature if able.

Equip 1

Development - 9pts Great job taking the mechanic back from those Apocalypse guys
Practicality - 8pts Good at uncommon, and easy to understand
Name of the card - 4pts Too simple (which is better than a 3 but worse than a 5)
Total: 21

Quote:
Spiked Armor 2
Equipped creature gets +2/-2

Whenever equipped creature leaves the battlefield, you may pay 3. If you do, you may attach ~ to target creature an opponent controls.

Equip 2

Stupid goblins, always double nail everything.

Development - 6pts An equipment on your opponent's creatures? Good idea but I can't see this happening, forcing a creature wearing an armor etc :\
Practicality - 7pts Definitely printable, good for combat tricks, probably should be an uncommon?
Name of the card - 4pts I can see the image of the armor with spikes all around
Flavour Text - 4pts Fits the card perfectly

Quote:
Sword of the Suns
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equip: Sacrifice a basic land
Protection from each colour of mana your basic lands could produce.
whenever equipped creature attacks, deal X damage to target creature or player, equipped creature gets +X/+X.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, draw X cards and that player loses X life.
X is the number of basic land types you control.

'This is MY domain. The land itself will lend its strength to me' - Garruk Enraged

Development - 6pts. You tried to represent red (deal x damage) green (get +x/+x) blue (draw X cards) black (lose x life), but what about white?
Practicality - 6pts Too huge of a bomb to see print. Ever. Not even at Mythic
Name of the card - 2pts Probably better as 'Sword of the Five Suns'
Flavour Text - 4pts Great one
Total: 18

Quote:
Excalibur, Sword of the King | 2WW

When Excalibur, Sword of the King comes into play, put a 0/10 Rock token with "this creature can't attack or block" into play and equip it with this card.

When a creature named Arthur, King of the Britons comes into play, you may attach Excalibur, Sword of the King to it.

Equipped creature can't be the target of spells or abilities opponents control, get's +5/+5, indestrucible, vigilance, and trample.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if a non-token creature is equipped with Excalibur, Sword of the King, put a 3/3 White Knight token into play with Vigilance.

"The Almighty now throws the dice
Arthur the man without a vice"
- Blind Guardian "Excalibur"

Development - 9pts Maybe Arthur should have Battle Cry instead of Trample?
Practicality - 4pts WotC is not printing legends from real mythologies any longer. I like how you missed equip cost on purpose though
Name of the card - 4pts Obvious name is obvious, but still a good one
Flavour Text - 2pts Too long, don't quote lyrics Razz
Total: 19

Quote:
Doran's Aegis 3

Equipped creature gets +0/+5.

Equipped creature assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.

Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.

Equip 3

The best time to plant a tree is hundred years ago. The second best time is now.
-Treefolk proverb

Development - 6pts +0+5 on generic mana? way too much. I was missing you could fetch it with treefolk harbinger somehow as well
Practicality - 8pts Easy to understand, but way too overpowered
Name of the card - 4pts Nice name
Flavour Text - 3pts I didn't quite enjoy that one, but it seems it would fit the card

Quote:
Cursed Sword of Ifbeth 3

You may equip Cursed Sword of Ifbeth to creatures an opponet controls as well as your own. Equipped creature loses all abilities and is a 1/1. When a creature equipped with curse sword of Ifbeth is put into the graveyard, that creatures controller gain control of Cursed Sword of Ifbeth.

Equip 2.

The cursed sword of the malevolent djinn's of the daeslous desert, gifted to the unsuspecting who cross the djinn's path.

Development - 7pts Equipping your opp's creatures with a cursed item, nice idea but someone pulled it before you
Practicality - 7pts It would be chaotic, but printable. Great for control decks as well
Name of the card - 4pts Good job looking up some mythology
Flavour Text - 4pts A bit too long, else it would be perfect (high five on mentioning Djinns)
Total: 22

Quote:
Sword of Chaos and Order | 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from white.

Whenever equipped creature does combat damage to a player, after this phase there is an additional combat phase and put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.

Equip 2.

"Add 2 hands of a soldier, 5 teeth from a goblin and the wings of an angel. Cook it over Dragons Fire" - Boros Guildmage

Development - 6pts Good idea for a sword, but I am sort of missing "The first time it deals damage this turn, untap it and you get an extra combat phase". I see the red and white there, but not the chaos and order
Practicality - 6pts Basically, equipping this on a 1/1 flyer vigilance is gg as it gives you infinite combat phases
Name of the card - 3pts Good for a RW sword but not for the abilities
Flavour Text - 5pts Definitely great. Good job
Total:20

Quote:
Shifter's Attire | 3

Artifact - Equipment

Equipped creature becomes 3/3 and gains:

1: Untap.

1: Regenerate.

1: Deathtouch until end of turn.

1: +1/-1 until end of turn.

1: -1/+1 until end of turn.

Equip 3

Knowing how to don the garment is the hardest part, starting to use it comes instinctively.

Development - 8pts Turns any creature into a morphling, great idea
Practicality - 6pts Lacking rarity, but probably printable as a rare
Name of the card - 3pts Needs more 'Morphling' instead of shifter Razz
Flavour Text - 4pts Good, but not shockingly good

Quote:
Claymore of Diffusion | 4 (Rare)

Artifact - Equipment

Equipped creature gets +2/+2

Equip 2

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, if that player chooses to redirect the damage to target Planeswalker they control, double the amount of damage dealt to target Planeswalker.

Sometimes fire and ice just isn't enough to tame the spark.
-Memnarch

Development - 7pts Good idea, but it didn't excite me at all
Practicality - 5pts Damage isn't redirected to planeswalkers, there's a combat phase to fight'em. It's good you tried to specify what would happen with a Prodigal Pyromancer, but
Name of the card - 3pts A claymore to kill planeswalkers? Neutral
Flavour Text - 4pts Now that's a good flavour text
Total: 19

And the winner is: Sorrel!!!

Thanks everyone for participating!
soymilk77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horn of Nicol Bolas BUR2

Artifact - mythic rare

Equip 4

Whenever the equipped creature deal combat damage, put a charge counter on Horn of Nicol Bolas.
Whenever a player sacrifices a creature, put a charge counter on Horn of Nicol Bolas,

Remove 2 charge counters from Horn of Nicol Bolas. Target player sacrifices a creature.

Remove 3 charge counters from Horn of Nicol Bolas. Destroy target non creature permanent.

Remove 7 charge counters from Horn of Nicol Bolas. Target player sacrifices 3 permanents.

"Even when I am gone from the multiverse, my remnants shall continue my conquest of darkness." - Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, last words.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2