Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-a-Card Round 12!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seismic Birth 2RG
Sorcery (Uncommon)

Destroy target land. If that land was nonbasic, put a 3/3 green and red Elemental creature token onto the battlefield.

"Land really is the best art."
-Andy Warhol
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
HujuVanikil wrote:
Loser's Respite | 0
Instant - Uncommon

Kicker: piss your pants

You lose the game, If the kicker cost was played, instead you win the game then you lose at life and destroy all relationships.

A winner who soils himself is still a loser

Definition of RESPITE
1: a period of temporary delay
2: an interval of rest or relief

I think hes going for the definition an interval of relief.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competition closed. I will be posting the winner when I get home from work (roughly 7 hours from now).
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
HujuVanikil wrote:
Loser's Respite | 0
Instant - Uncommon

You lose the game, If the kicker cost was played, instead you win the game then you lose at life and destroy all relationships.

Definition of RESPITE

If the loser still loses even when he wins, then the loser never receives any respite.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
ManfredByron wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
HujuVanikil wrote:
Loser's Respite | 0
Instant - Uncommon

Definition of RESPITE

If the loser still loses even when he wins, then the loser never receives any respite.

I was just going with relief, as in the sense of relieving ones self.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
ManfredByron wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
HujuVanikil wrote:
Loser's Respite | 0
Instant - Uncommon

Definition of RESPITE

ROFLMRFAO-ocopter, or something to that effect
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:

A+
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds
Flay the Slave, Flog the Master | 2BB
Sorcery (uncommon)
Destroy target creature. If that creature is nonartifact and nonblack, that creature's controller loses 3 life.

Rarity - 4/5 - I definitely see this being an uncommon.
Flavor - 2.5/5 - I see where you trying to go with this but it seems rather dull.
Fun - 2/5 - It certainly fits the roll of removal for black but kinda lackluster in power.
Originality - 3/5 - Again it seems a little slow at 4 mana and the fact that its a sorcery means it is not likely to see play.
Clarity - 9/10 - The overall use of the card is very straightforward.
Overall - 20.5/30

DoomBr1nger
Equalize | 1WW
Sorcery (Rare)
Destroy target noncreature, nonland permanent. If your opponent controls more permanents than you, you may pay 2. If you do, return Equalize to your hand.
Balance above all else.

Rarity – 5/5 - The “buyback” cost reminds me a lot of Evangelize even though it has a different effect.
Flavor – 4.5/5 - I really do like this flavor text and the overall flavor of the card itself as it does promote equality and balance.
Fun - 4/5 - It’s not necessarily a unique effect for white but it certainly does do what white forms of control are looking for.
Originality - 2/5 - Again, not really original but overall very solid.
Clarity - 8/10 - Obviously a control card that wants to slow down other control decks.
Overall – 23.5/30

Magno-
Whacked to Pieces 1WB
Sorcery (Rare)
Choose one - Destroy target creature; or destroy target permanent.
If an opponent controls more non-land permanents than you, you may choose both.
'Where did they just go?'
- Teysa, Orzhov Scion

Rarity – 5/5 – Another version of Vindicate…mmmm
Flavor – 1/5 – I’m a little confused by the flavor text here.
Fun - 4/5 – I like that you get vindicate but also being able to hit a creature with it too makes for a very solid control card.
Originality – 3.5/5 – Vindicate was always solid and this just seems way better.
Clarity - 7/10 - Adding the fact that it also hits a creature (which is a permanent as well) makes some sense but why not just make the clause say “destroy another permanent” instead? To make it so you have to hit a creature as well as a non creature permanent if they control more nonland?
Overall – 20.5/30

Jacois
Wrath of the Illusionist 2UU
Instant *Rare*
Regenerate all creatures then destroy all creatures.
"Though physically harmless, the survivors of an illusionists wrath must forever relive the experience."

Rarity – 2/5 – I think if this was one mana less and sorcery speed it would be rare, but as I see it, it is just sleep at instant speed.
Flavor – 3/5 – The flavor is interesting to say the least but not exactly eye-catching. Also, destroying creatures isn’t what blue does. Bouncing them maybe.
Fun - 4/5 – This card is just silly fun for casual cause it would make for some great laughs.
Originality – 5/5 – Going outside the color wheel? Check and double check.
Clarity - 3/10 – I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this exactly but like I said it just seems like another version of sleep.
Overall – 17/30

KnowN
Desolation Demon| 2BBB
Creature - Demon (Rare)
As an additional cost to cast Desolation Demon, sacrifice a creature.
When Desolation Demon enters the battlefield, destroy 3 target creatures.
At the beginning of your upkeep, If there are any creatures on the battlefield other than Desolation Demon, sacrifice Desolation Demon.
5/2
When everyone around you is dead, you are sure to be next.

Rarity – 4/5 – This does seem like it could be a finisher of sorts or to deal with problematic creatures.
Flavor – 3/5 – I’m not exactly understanding this flavor-wise but it does seem cool.
Fun - 2/5 – I don’t think this card would see a lot of play and even if it did I doubt it would see a second turn of play. This guy really needs haste.
Originality – 4/5 – Kill three of your opponents’ guys for five mana seems really strong and you’re getting a body out of it to block with at the very least.
Clarity - 9/10 – It’s pretty clear this guy is meant to be either a control finisher and/or removal spell.
Overall – 22/30

Djinn
Murder 2BB
Instant (Uncommon)
Destroy target planeswalker. If a planeswalker is destroyed this way, lose X life and draw X cards where X is the number of loyalty counters on that planeswalker.
Remorse for what? You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn't that give me equal right? - Lim-Dûl

Rarity – 3/5 – A removal spell specifically for planeswalkers is kinda iffy.
Flavor – 5/5 – This certainly seems like something someone would say if they had been nothing but tortured and was exacting their revenge.
Fun - 4/5 – This certainly seems like it would see a lot of play as a four of right now with all the control decks running Jace, Gideon, and Elspeth.
Originality – 4/5 – The concept has been discussed here on ML for quite some time but I think this by far is the best representation for it.
Clarity - 10/10 – Very straight to the point as to what it wants to do.
Overall – 26/30

Sorrel
Hellbound Tome | 6
Artifact (Rare)
2, Sacrifice a permanent: Gain 2 life.
If you sacrifice a creature in this way, destroy target creature.

Rarity – 3/5 – This one is on the edge of being an uncommon simply because it is a little over costed.
Flavor – 4/5 – The effect coincides nicely with the name of the card. Minus points for no flavor text here.
Fun - 4/5 – A colorless way to destroy creatures and gain some life in the process. Seems like it would work well with tokens (Eldrazi spawn in particular).
Originality – 3/5 – Kinda bland in terms of originality but still a strong effect, though the lifegain is pretty negligible.
Clarity - 8/10 – Pretty straight forward.
Overall – 22/30

posso
Equality Act 2WB (rare)
Sorcery
Choose two permanents you control and two permanents of don't control. Destroy those permanents.
If an opponent controls more permanents than you, destroy another target permanent.

I fixed up the wording on this one cause it was making my head hurt a little how broken the English was.
Rarity – 4/5 – We have already seen how much I like singular vindicate. This is like a vindicate on roids, even though it does have a slight drawback in forcing you to choose two of your own permanents.
Flavor – 3/5 – Kinda blah in when it comes to flavor though the effect matches the name near perfectly.
Fun - 5/5 – Mmmm…vindicate to the extreme…*drools*
Originality – 3/5 – Pretty common in terms of originality but taking it 3 steps further is just mind-blowing.
Clarity - 8/10 – Very obvious what this is doing. I don’t think I need to elaborate further.
Overall – 23/30

Bob_A_Wilson
Alibi | 1U
Instant (Uncommon)
Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 3.
If an opponent who has cast a spell this turn controls a land that could produce U mana, then counter target spell instead.
"Everything the budding murderer needs, except a toolkit."

Rarity – 4/5 – This is very solid at uncommon and the narrowness of becoming a true counterspell for 1U instead of UU is very nicely worked.
Flavor – 3/5 – I know the two cards were meant to be used in conjunction with each other but as the first card submitted didn’t have an “If/then” clause, I had to dismiss it from the competition.
Fun - 4/5 – mmm More counterspells.
Originality – 3/5 – I soft counter that can become a hard counter with relative ease is very nice.
Clarity - 9/10 – Clearly an improved version of Mana Leak at a slightly higher rarity.
Overall – 23/30

ManfredByron
Destroy History 1BBB
instant - rare
Search target players library for up to 4 cards and remove them from this game, then that player shuffles his library. Destroy target white or blue creature. If you were dealt damage this turn, you may pay BB to return Destroy History to your hand.
There's a saying that history is written by the winners. I say rubbish this very place has taught me, history is written by the powerful and the winner and the powerful are not always the same.

Rarity – 3/5 – Holy wow this card is trying to do a lot. This should most certainly be Mythic.
Flavor – 2/5 – The context of the flavor text is nice but doesn’t match the name of the card or the ability.
Fun - 1/5 – I really think this card is trying to do way too much.
Originality – 5/5 – This certainly is original in what it is trying to do by combining effects from all sorts of cards.
Clarity - 4/10 – There is too much going on with this card. Remove 4 cards. Okay that’s fine. White or blue creature? Seems like it should be non-black. BB to return it to your hand is severely undercosted.
Overall – 15/30

Magx
Win the Game 0
sorcery (common)
Destroy target player. If you win this way, then you win the tournament.
If only one time I would win this FNM...

ROFL I am not even going to dignify this with a rating but this was hilarious.

HujuVanikil
Loser's Respite | 0
Instant - Uncommon

LOL same as above.

ikazuchi
Seismic Birth 2RG
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Destroy target land. If that land was nonbasic, put a 3/3 green and red Elemental creature token onto the battlefield.
"Land really is the best art."
-Andy Warhol
Rarity – 5/5 – This card is most certainly a spot on uncommon.
Flavor – 3/5 – I’ve never really been a big fan of using real world quotes for flavor text but the card’s effect is certainly epitomized by its name.
Fun – 3.5/5 – I can definitely see this being played in an aggressive RG deck.
Originality – 4.5/5 – Although the concept of land destruction has been around for a long time, but to make card advantage 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 possibly with a LD card is amazing.
Clarity - 8/10 – I really like this card a lot and would probably try to utilize it in a deck somewhere.
Overall – 24/30

And the winner is DJINN!!
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, great job judging those ones (even though there weren't that many!)

Quote:
Flavor – 3/5 – I’ve never really been a big fan of using real world quotes for flavor text

For the record, my flavour text is a quote from Charles Manson (American criminal)

Quote:
Remorse for what? You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn't that give me equal right? - Lim-Dûl

I had to say Razz
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djinn wrote:
Thanks, great job judging those ones (even though there weren't that many!)

Quote:
Flavor – 3/5 – I’ve never really been a big fan of using real world quotes for flavor text

For the record, my flavour text is a quote from Charles Manson (American criminal)

Quote:

I had to say Razz
Thanks! Even though the quote was from Charles Manson, I do see it fitting Lim Dul very well. The fact that you referenced an actual character in the Magic multiverse is better than actually using the real person in your quote.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
ManfredByron wrote:

A+

I'm highly amused it took that much back and forth for people to get my card XD
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing is that Djinn (the winner) made me think of my "hilarious" card because I had the idea of doing a "destroy target planeswalker" card but he preceded me, so I decided to goof around... so if I had been faster, I would have probably win... lol
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3