Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engrish!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Engrish!!! Reply with quote

Open that kid's mono blue thread back up! He was actually learning some things from that. His deck obviously isn't a competitive one so there's no reason for him to have paragraphs of playtesting information. You locking his thread like that is just isolating new players from the game.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not the first time engrish has locked that dude's threads for lack of content. i don't blame him at all.

edit: nothings preventing anyone from reopening the thread in the casual section...
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
that's not the first time engrish has locked that dude's threads for lack of content. i don't blame him at all.

edit: nothings preventing anyone from reopening the thread in the casual section...

He's never going to learn unless we teach him. Instead of trolling people (which is a lot of fun) we should be investing in the future of our sport.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrish told him exactly what he needed to do. Twice. If you don't learn from that, i trollz joo.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Engrish told him exactly what he needed to do. Twice. If you don't learn from that, i trollz joo.

You arguing on the side of forum rules is almost funny.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to say something?
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a few points in general about these issues:

1. If a person doesn't have the foresight to read the forum rules before posting, I cannot say I hold much sympathy for them. That being said, I think DoomBr1nger's suggestion of moving the thread to Casual/Other decks is a fine suggestion if the thread seems to be more appropriately placed elsewhere (although I can't say I know if forum moderators have that kind of access).

2. If you have an issue with a forum moderator, I recommend contacting them via the forum message before posting a thread about it. While I do applaud the initiative to approach a moderator regarding an issue, doing it every time in a forum thread format to me is akin to yelling in the middle of the street every time you have an issue with somebody Wink

3. If you're still unhappy with a forum moderator's response after approaching them with your issue, you can always approach a staff member. We'll be happy to help solve the issue Smile

That all being said, I applaud Bob_A_Wilson and everyone else posting on this thread with their concerns about closing a thread. It makes me really happy to see people trying to nurture a community and help people. Props to everyone Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1