Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glissa, the Traitor and Precursor Golem

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Glissa, the Traitor and Precursor Golem Reply with quote

I have two questions:

What happens if a player casts Arc Trail targetting Precursor Golem or one of it's tokens and a player? Is the spell copied? If yes, how does the target system works?

My opponent controls three creatures with converted mana cost 3, and I control a Glissa, the Traitor and a Ratchet Bomb with 3 charge counters on it. I activate the Bomb's 2nd ability. Is it returned to my hand, or does it stay in my graveyard?

Thanks in advance Mr. Green
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Arc Trail is not only targetting a single Golem, it's targetting two things, so it will not be copied.

2) Glissa will trigger three times for the three creatures that went to the graveyard together with her. When you have to choose a target Ratchet Bomb will already be in the graveyard, so you can target it.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Hardtrack! Mr. Green
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting side note about Precurser Golem:

"If an instant or sorcery spell has multiple targets, but it's targeting the same Golem with all of them (such as Agony Warp targeting the same Golem twice), Precursor Golem's last ability will trigger."
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Posts with incorrect information about tokens deleted.)

Tokens only have a converted mana cost of 0 if the effect that creates them does not specify otherwise. Some tokens have a converted mana cost of zero, e.g. Precursor Golem's tokens while other tokens have a converted mana cost of more than one, e.g. Myr Propagator's tokens.

Quote:
202.1b Some objects have no mana cost. This normally includes all land cards, any other cards that have no mana symbols where their mana cost would appear, tokens (unless the effect that creates them specifies otherwise), and nontraditional Magic cards. Having no mana cost represents an unpayable cost (see rule 117.6). Note that lands are played without paying any costs (see rule 305, “Lands”).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1