Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netdraft - packs dont have basic lands?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
thoughtxriot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Netdraft - packs dont have basic lands? Reply with quote

So, I just DL'd netdraft and am playing around with it and noticed that the booster packs don't have basic lands...at least in Scars of Mirrodin. This alters the drafting a bit compared to IRL/MTGO, since it has an extra common in each pack.

Does this also apply to the site-generated sealed decks? I would hope not.
Terri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does it matter if there are basic lands in the booster?
You will never need them.
clemage
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The matter is not the fact that there is no basic land, but the fact that there is one extra common.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netdraft: Take a closer look at the boosters. SOM and MBS boosters contain 14 cards. The land slot is just omitted. This does not significantly affect draft.

If your booster contains 15 cards, please update your Netdraft in #draft4you.
thoughtxriot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer wrote:
Netdraft: Take a closer look at the boosters. SOM and MBS boosters contain 14 cards. The land slot is just omitted. This does not significantly affect draft.

If your booster contains 15 cards, please update your Netdraft in #draft4you.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.
enfinit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if, like in real life, instead of taking 14th pick incite I'd rather have a land over the shitty card? That affects a draft "SOMETIMES".
Blancoke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enfinit wrote:
What if, like in real life, instead of taking 14th pick incite I'd rather have a land over the shitty card? That affects a draft "SOMETIMES".

Hero... Are you serious? If you mean with sometimes, 0,01% you're probably right!
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once i took a land like 13th-14th instead of some shit common then got killed by that common and i never do it anymore
Terri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what you mean with 1 extra common. A booster conatins of 14 cards (1 Rare, 3 uncommons, 10 commons) + a land and 1 Token or rulescard. That means the land and the token have actually no influence to the draft. Thats probably why these cards are missing.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packs used to not have a basic land and had an extra common instead
thoughtxriot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1OR513N wrote:
i dont know what you mean with 1 extra common. A booster conatins of 14 cards (1 Rare, 3 uncommons, 10 commons) + a land and 1 Token or rulescard. That means the land and the token have actually no influence to the draft. Thats probably why these cards are missing.
Yes. I mistakenly took the lack of a basic land to mean that there were 11 commons instead. I didn't count to see that it was just the 14 card pack minus the land.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1