Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 6.5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
jonproject wrote:
lol bob can't read

Oh really? Tell me where I didn't follow directions on this one. I have here a card with a bunch of keywords seperated by commas.

Quote:
2. Exactly one sentence of rules text.

Quote:
If you just want keyword abilities separated by commas, you can do that for your one sentence, but I imagine it'll make it hard to be innovative.

Fail.
Sorrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entries are closed, I'll begin judging soon.
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
jonproject wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
jonproject wrote:
lol bob can't read

Oh really? Tell me where I didn't follow directions on this one. I have here a card with a bunch of keywords seperated by commas.

Quote:

Quote:
If you just want keyword abilities separated by commas, you can do that for your one sentence, but I imagine it'll make it hard to be innovative.

Fail.

butthead wrote:
Fiery Spirit (If you control a red creature, this creature gains haste)
Band of Brothers (Whenever this creature attacks, up to X attacking creatures get banding where X is the number of age counters on this creature.)
Determination (When this creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, return it to play with a -1/-1 counter for each time it has entered the battlefield this game. If the number of -1/-1 tokens is equal to or greater than this creature's toughness when it goes to the graveyard, remove this creature from the game instead.)

I counted three sentences of rules text.
Sorrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
Loxodon Warmaster | 2GW
Creature - Elephant General (Mythic Rare)

(Generals count as soldiers)

Cumulative Upkeep {G/W}
Band of Brothers (Whenever this creature attacks, up to X attacking creatures get banding where X is the number of age counters on this creature.)
Determination (When this creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, return it to play with a -1/-1 counter for each time it has entered the battlefield this game. If the number of -1/-1 tokens is equal to or greater than this creature's toughness when it goes to the graveyard, remove this creature from the game instead.)
Vigiliance
Battlecry
Banding
Horsemanship

1/5

"Even if out-manned, even if out-numbered: hold the lines, never back down, render the enemy asunder."
- Loxodon Nursery Rhyme

This is really pushing against the rules, but it's a grey area, and it's not going to win for other reasons.

Rarity: 2 - it's complex enough that it simply can not be an uncommon/common. There's nothing particularly flashy about it as a rare, though, and I don't think most people would be like 'woo rare!' when they opened it.
Flavor: 4 - This is pretty good flavor for the most part - a general who buffs other people when they attack. Sure.
Fun: 2 - while there are interesting elements here, there's so many abilities you'll probably forget some. That's not fun.
Originality: 4 - there are several interesting ideas here, and several interesting interactions.
Clarity: 2 - the individual elements are fairly clear, but you have 8 abilities, some of which are not clear. I like the way you got around what I said, but (Generals count as soldiers) is a horrible line of reminder rules text, and the card is just too complex.

Total: 12

Duodax wrote:
Earn Money XUU

Tribal Sorcery - Human
Rare

Draw X+1 cards.

Rarity: 3 - This has to be a rare, because you don't get X draw spells without rarity. No flash, though.
Flavor: 2 - Humans earn money = drawing cards? Humans don't tend to be associated with blue, and blue doesn't tend to be associated with earning money. Mostly a miss for me here.
Fun: 3 - Drawing cards is always somewhat fun.
Originality: 3 - Brainstorm, except better. It's at this point that I realize I forgot to put in a 'power level' type criteria.
Clarity: 9 - it is hard to get clearer than this, but X+1 and the fact that's it a tribal sorcery - human makes it barely miss the perfection of clarity. What is useful about having something be a tribal sorcery - human?

Total: 20

b4il3y wrote:
True Devotion 3W (R)
Instant
Add 4 loyalty counters to target planeswalker you control and lose 4 life.
-Elspeth....save us...

Rarity: 4 - This has to be a rare. And it has a little flash, if you know what a Planeswalker is, which most people do these days.
Flavor: 3 - White doesn't tend to sacrifice it's life to supply things to others, but there are a few precedents.
Fun: 4 - Two card combo that lets me use a Planeswalker Ultimate ! Sounds fun to me. If only I had entered a 'Power Level' criteria....
Originality: 4 - I've never seen anything that specifically adds loyalty tokens.
Clarity: 8 - This is pretty clear.

Total: 23

HydroxDZ wrote:
Mental Overexertion
XUU
Instant
Target player draws X cards, then puts the top X cards of their library into the graveyard.
What is merely a nuisance to me would snap your pitiful mind in two. - Jace Beleren

Rarity: 4 - This has to be a rare. And it has a little flash.
Flavor: 5 - Strong flavor. Strong enough that I don't know where to begin explaining why it's strong. Everything on the card fits together.
Fun: 5 - Deck someone and they have the rest of the turn left with all their cards. OR use in like... a dredge deck or something. This is a card I could see being a really good enabler, and Johnny may find this pretty fun.
Originality: 5 - This is a pretty original ability as far as I know.
Clarity: 8 - This is pretty clear.

Total: 27

spudfuss2 wrote:
Suicidal Goliath 1RG
Rare
Creature-Goliath
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep flip a coin; if you lose sacrifice Suicidal Goliath
6/6

This is ability+line of rules text. While I was willing to give some leeway for reminder text and keyword abilities no one has ever heard of, this is clearly against the rules. Interesting idea, though, I'm not sure if it's broken or not, which I always like.

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Darksteel Behemoth 8

Artifact Creature - Rare

Indestructible, Trample, Provoke

9/9

...okay, seriously, I have /got/ to put a power level criteria up next time.

Rarity: 5 - This smashes you in the face with it's rarity.
Flavor: 2 - Another giant darksteel thing. Why does someone want to step in front of it?
Fun: 5 - Make you run out your guy in front of mine, then trample over him? What's not to like?
Originality: 4 - Original set of abilities, as far as I know.
Clarity: 9 - This is pretty clear.

Total: 25

cdubs wrote:
Crumbling Hellion 1RRRRR
Mythic Rare
Legendary Creature - Hellion

Trample, First Strike, Haste

10/1

...power level criteria. I'll just abbreviate it 'PLC' from now on.

Rarity: 5 - This guy also smashes you in the face with it's rarity. Maybe trample helps with face-smashing.
Flavor: 3 - Crumbling in that it's extremely brittle? Sure.
Fun: 3 - Fun in a RDW sort of way. Not fun to be on the recieving end of, though. You either have an answer or you don't, so either player will feel a little cheated.
Originality: 4 - Fairly original.
Clarity: 9 - These are three pretty obvious abilities, and no surprising interactions.

Total: 24

ikazuchi wrote:
New World Order 2WUBRG
Sorcery (Mythic Rare)

You win the game if you control a planeswalker of each color.

“There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending.”

Rarity: 3 - This has to be a rare. Trash rare, but there you have it.
Flavor: 3 - Flavor text is nice, the flavor of the card is nice, they don't fit together much.
Fun: 2 - I've cast all my planeswalkers, and now I get to... win? It's just not that overwhelming, it feels like an anti-climax.
Originality: 3 - Coalition Victory with Planeswalkers. Sure.
Clarity: 8 - Of each color can get a little confusing, but overall, pretty clear.

Total: 19

DoomBr1nger wrote:
Outside Assistance | 1UW

Enchantment (Mythic Crap)

As long as you control a planeswalker, spells you control can't be countered unless any player pays 2 to ignore this ability until end of turn.

Friends will be friends, when you're in need of love they give you care and attention.

Rarity: 2 - Really bad crap rare, as stated. Mythic, though? That's just harsh.
Flavor: 4 - Flavor is really really nice. My pet Planeswalker counters spells for me! Flavor text, not quite so much.
Fun: 2 - It could be fun purely if you like the flavor, but that's about it.
Originality: 4 - This is an intriguing way to make a really bad card.
Clarity: 7 - Ability is a little complex, but nothing too bad.

Total: 19

aqualad33 wrote:
3UWGRB channel spark
sorcery
search your library for a planeswalker and exile it. You may use one of it's abilities regardless of cost.

Use shift!

Rarity: 4 - This is totally a rare.
Flavor: 1 - Flavor is... really poor. How are you channeling a spark here if it's an ultimate you'll usually be using?
Fun: 4 - Having said that, it would be fun to pull an ultimate out of nowhere. Although hard to pull off.
Originality: 5 - Nothing else has done this ability with it.
Clarity: 8 - While it's fairly clear what it does, I feel like this has some rules issues.

Total: 22

-------

Winner is HydroxDZ with Mental Exertion! He gets the prize of... well... there isn't anything.

But well done!

Runner-up: blitzer2k7 with Darksteel Behemoth. I really really liked this card, but the flavor wasn't quite as strong.
dongs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i get a e-medal
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the point is that you are channeling the walkers "planeswalker spark" (that special thing that makes them a planeswalker) to use their strength to devastating effect
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
jonproject wrote:
Bob_A_Wilson wrote:
jonproject wrote:
lol bob can't read

Quote:

Quote:

Fail.

butthead wrote:

I counted three sentences of rules text.

That would reminder text, noob.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2