Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archetype: Kuldotha Red

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
WereTaco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xMetalWorker, I wasn't talking specifically about your build, I was speaking in general. Although I think 4 tunnel ignus in the side is worthless with so little ramp, also 4x arc-trail is pretty important in the mirror matchup. Also, I don't think Phyrexian Revoker is very good vs the control matchup, I'd rather have an uncountered Koth after a WoG or something. If you are casting Revoker naming Gideon or something, you probably have already lost Razz Mark of Mutiny and Act of Treason only seem decent vs the g/x ramp-ish builds that run titans.

I've changed up my build a little since then namely one hero replaced for warren instigator (lol but it rules ), but I still think devestating summons and chimeric mass are bad choices. The random flayers husk looks like someone just wanted to put one into his deck to see how if it worked, and for some reason people just keep adding him to their build lol.

Also lol.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been testing against that list that took second in a trial to improve my GW deck and I have to say it is definitely up with the top tier, It is very very fast, and consistent. Battlecry has added quite a lot to the deck, it will usually hit for around 12-17 on turn 2-3 and if you get hit with a pyroclasm or a ratchet bomb, you are usually already in lethal range, so just drop a burn spell or just the next creatures you have

for reference, this is the list i'm talking about.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
16 [ZEN] Mountain (4)
4 [MBS] Contested War Zone

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Bushwhacker
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [SOM] Memnite
4 [M11] Ornithopter
4 [MBS] Goblin Wardriver
4 [MBS] Signal Pest

// Spells
3 [SOM] Chimeric Mass
2 [ROE] Devastating Summons
1 [M11] Lightning Bolt
4 [SOM] Kuldotha Rebirth
3 [SOM] Mox Opal
3 [ROE] Forked Bolt

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ROE] Devastating Summons
SB: 1 [M11] Lightning Bolt
SB: 4 [M11] Jinxed Idol
SB: 4 [SOM] Arc Trail
SB: 1 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 3 [ROE] Tuktuk the Explorer
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the deck I posted because it was very similar to that other one posted already. Really just personally choices as far as the different card choices were concerned. I.e favoring Lightning bolt over Forked bolt in the main deck etc.

Last edited by JeZeus on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say I love this deck ^_^
JeZeus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I picked up my 3rd opal the other day, I have to admit I quite like having them in the deck. Gives you another way to deal massive damage early. However, I was playing with 2 in my deck for awhile until I picked up my 3rd and I haven't really noticed much difference. So I am debating on whether to keep using 2 or to use 3 just for the consistency.

All so, for sideboard I dropped TukTuk entirely because I found him mostly useless against control since he is slow and not very scary on his own. It wasn't much of a game ender in any event. I've been using 4x crush and 4xJinxed idols and a mainstay lately. The meta im up against has tons of JtMS and Tezzeret decks floating around, so its been pretty mandatory for me. In regards to the Revoker in the sideboard . . Yes, it does die quite often. Hence why you need 4 to get any use out of it.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the opals are pretty pivotal to be honest. The card I've been the least fond of are the Chimeric masses, I'm thinking I will switch them out for Panic Spell bombs.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They masses are there 100% for the that first turn explosion. Its pretty awesome when it goes off too, I just think the masses are overkill. I found that alot of the time it was simply a dead card or that I only ever used it to sac to Kuldotha.

My issue is mainly against other aggro decks. Anything with first strike or toughness over 3 is really annoying to play against. The deck that has been my bane the last two FNM's is Boros. I have no way of dealing with the white hero or an equipped creatures the majority of the time since the deck is burn light. I considered dropping cards for more burn, but that ended up messing the artifact count up. It just seemed logical to drop the masses for Panic Spellbomb's. Its admittedly a little slower off the start but its barely noticeable.

On a sidenote, Mortapod has grown increasingly popular as of late. Could Kuldotha make use of Mortapod?? Or would it just be a wasted slot?

Edit; My original build used 3xPanic spellbomb and 1xFlayer husk. It worked pretty well. I don't currently have room for the husk but its tempting to put it back in. Its kind of surprising how handy he can be. (mainly in the fact it can be equipped to your thopters which are often not doing anything)
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted cto say, I am still working on this deck and the Kuldotha archtype. However, I've moved my attention over to RDW for the time being. Mostly just because of the meta I am dealing with. This baby still has the power to get the job done, just waiting on more people to feel comfortable without ratchet bombs in every sideboard.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ichor wellspring. do it, love me forever.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor Wellspring in favour of what? The card draw cantrip is a nice effect, but asides from that its a pretty useless card. . . Especially when the only thing you are using it for is a sac to kuldotha.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4