Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1U Amnesia Agent
Creature - Human Wizard
If you would search your library, instead, you may search your library for a card, exile it, than search your library.
"Ignorance is bliss."
2/1

I feel confident in the wording. Lets say it's an.... uncommon.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterous Twinfang
Creature - Snake, 1G (Uncommon)

Whenever an opponent draws a card, if it is the second card he drew this turn, you may cast Dexterous Twinfang. If you do, you may search your library for a card named Dexterous Twinfang, reveal it and put it into your hand.

Shroud, Deathtouch

Dexterous Twinfang gets +2/+2 as long as you control another creature named Dexterous Twinfang.

As long as you control two creatures named Dexterous Twinfang, you can't cast Dexterous Twinfang during your main phase.

1/1

Because once upon a time, when Counterspell and Ancestral Recall were still living in the Garden, they ate the fruit from the Tree of Making Noobs Cry. And it tasted good. But now all blue cards must suffer for their sin. - Magus of the Sheep

EDIT: added deathtouch for flavor, and tinkered with the restriction allowing you to cast it via first ability.

Last edited by Mizukage on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Jacois wrote:
1U Amnesia Agent
Creature - Human Wizard
If you would search your library, instead, you may search your library for a card, exile it, than search your library.
"Ignorance is bliss."
2/1

I feel confident in the wording. Lets say it's an.... uncommon.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think this will cause you to exile your entire library. You replace the search with an "exile first, then search", and after you exile the card, that search effect is again replaced by an "exile first, then search"...

If so then why not just make it a triggered ability "Whenever an effect causes you to search your library, if the source of the effect is not Amnesia Agent, search your library for a card and exile it, then shuffle your library."

Then again, hopefully I misunderstood what you meant, because if not, this effect certainly doesn't seem to belong on an uncommon?

I think you're wrong. It's a replacement effect.

So, if you cast Rampant Growth.....

Rampant Growth
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Replace "Search your library" with "search your library for a card, exile it, than search your library"

Now Rampant Growth reads.....

Rampant Growth
Sorcery
search your library for a card, exile it, than search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

Wording is perfect imo.

And being that it's a replacement effect, having multiples in play won't matter. It's fine as an uncommon.
BigShowDT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djinn wrote:
It means that if they sac a fetchland, if they have a land you can grab, you are required to grab it. It means that if they play enlightened tutor, you are required to find an enchantment/artifact card if there is any

so basically if they would search their library, instead you search their library and make the choice for them?
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychic Diversion 1UU

Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a player searches their library, ~ deals 2 damage to that players opponent.

UU - Counter target activated ability unless it is a mana ability. If a creature ability is countered this way, draw a card.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panglacial Beast
3GG - Beast
First Strike
While you're searching your library, you may cast Panglacial Beast from your library.
Everyone ought to bear patiently the results of his own conduct.
- Shakespear

3/4
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impatient Tutor
UB - Instant Mythic Rare

Search your library for any one card and remove it from the game face down, lose 4 life and then shuffle your library. Until the begin of your next end step, you may play the card removed from the game by impatient tutor as if it were in your hand.

Patience is a virtue, I do not have the time for.

And also cma Shakespeare is spelled as such.
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:

not when that shit gets stuck in your chest during medeival wars ; )
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
ManfredByron wrote:

not when that shit gets stuck in your chest during medeival wars ; )

I see what you did there.
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for choosing my card and the effort with the judging Smile
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its kinda sad that my card didnt get considered considering how long the judging took and my post was only an hour behind.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3