Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tezzeret and Inkmoth nexus?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Tezzeret and Inkmoth nexus? Reply with quote

How do these two cards interact, given that tezzeret's ability (the new one from MBS) to make 5/5s doesn't end at EOT, but the inkmoths ability does?

I use the inkmoth ability to make a 1/1, flying artifact land with infect. Then I use tezzeret's ability, so now I have a 5/5 artifact land with flying and infect.

Then the inkmoth 'until eot' ability wears off, leaving me with a 5/5 artifact land without flying or infect.

If i want to kill my opponent the next turn with poison counters, i have to activate inkmoth again, making him a 1/1 flying infect, and then use tezzeret's ability a second time to make him a 5/5 again.

Is this correct?
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that all looks correct.
TheShark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Nope Reply with quote

Tezzeret's ability always transforms its target into a 5/5 artifact creature WITHOUT any other abilities belonging to the original permament, otherwise it would say so (on Tezzeret).

So it's not a matter of the inkmoth's abilities "wearing off" they simply cease to exist as soon as it becomes a plain 5/5 artifact creature. Therefore, it won't longer be a land, and it won't have any activated abilities anymore.
BandaBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Nope Reply with quote

TheShark wrote:
Tezzeret's ability always transforms its target into a 5/5 artifact creature WITHOUT any other abilities belonging to the original permament, otherwise it would say so (on Tezzeret).

So it's not a matter of the inkmoth's abilities "wearing off" they simply cease to exist as soon as it becomes a plain 5/5 artifact creature. Therefore, it won't longer be a land, and it won't have any activated abilities anymore.
This is wrong
Valandor
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening posts assumptions are correct

TheShark wrote:

That is only true when it actually says that it loses all of its ability.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Nope Reply with quote

TheShark wrote:

Read this: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=judge/article/20091105a
Bigshow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Nope Reply with quote

TheShark wrote:

LOLOLOL
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what I said about banning non-judges from replying on the rules forums?
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong answers are bad, of course. The random bits of non-answer commentary, which are far more prevalent, are arguably worse, and are what typically leads to topics being locked, which I'm doing now as this has been definitively answered.

jonproject wrote:
Remember what I said about banning non-judges from replying on the rules forums?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1