Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sword Controller

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Sword Controller Reply with quote

I have a random creature equipped with Sword of Body and Mind, my opponent take my creature with Volition Reins.

Who is controller of the sword?
if equipped creature take damage to me, who mill? who take the token?
san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can he target the creature with the VR if it has problue due to the sword?
Lynolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

san wrote:
How can he target the creature with the VR if it has problue due to the sword?

GG. Mr. Green

But yes, you control the sword, only it still becomes attached to the creature when your opponent takes control of it. Meaning if you pay it's equip cost, you attach it to one of your creatures.
Sorrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's assume that the sword has been hit by Magical Hack or something so it's 'protection from green and white'.

Well, let's look at the sword. It says 'you put a 2/2 green wolf into play'. This isn't an ability the card is granting to the creature, it's an ability the sword gives to it's owner, so you put a 2/2 green wolf into play.

The second part says 'that player', being the one that was damaged, puts 10 cards from their library to their graveyard. That player is the damaged one, so if your opponent attacked you with it, you'd be the one discarding cards.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they mentioned, the cannot Volition Reins your creature.

You are the controller of the Sword but it stays equipped until you unequip it. He cannot re-equip it.

When he hits you, you get a 2/2 but you have to mill 10.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks correct
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1