Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell me what you think

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would swap Terror for Doom Blade. Doom Blade hits Artifact Creatures. That is pretty important in Legacy.
Me_and_I

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cards here in South africa are exspensive if you're buying from the wrong places,http://www.gryphongames.co.za/
thats the best place to buy,doesnt always have all the cards but the ones it does have are cheaper than anywhere else
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very budget list that I threw together for you. It's a pretty basic Mono-Black control deck. Order of the Ebon Hand dodges the most popular removal spell in legacy and for B can First Strike. Gatekeeper of Malakir is a beater vs decks without creatures or removal if they have creatures. Phyrexian Negator will put the other player on a fast clock or lose. Only play Phyrexian Negator vs deck that do not have Mountains. Phyrexian Ironfoot a pretty big blocker and if you have mana left at the end of the other players turn you can untap him. Abyssal Persecutor is a back up plan if the ground gets clogged up for some reason.

Inquisition of Kozilek, Hymn to Tourach, and Sign in Blood are the most important spells in your deck. Diabolic Edict gives you some instant speed removal. Beseech the Queen lets you find a key card at the right time. Grim Harvest makes sure that you do not run out of creatures in long games. Chainer's Edict is really good in the long game. Corrupt is pretty much good game and why you would want one and only one in the deck.

// Lands
4 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
20 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp

// Creatures
4 [FE] Order of the Ebon Hand (1)
4 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
3 [UD] Phyrexian Negator
3 [CS] Phyrexian Ironfoot
2 [WWK] Abyssal Persecutor

// Spells
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
4 [FE] Hymn to Tourach (3)
4 [M11] Sign in Blood
3 [TE] Diabolic Edict
2 [SHM] Beseech the Queen
1 [CS] Grim Harvest
1 [TO] Chainer's Edict
1 [SHM] Corrupt

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [TSP] Smallpox
SB: 4 [ZEN] Ravenous Trap
SB: 4 [DS] Echoing Decay
SB: 2 [TE] Perish
SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog

SB: 4 [TSP] Smallpox is for the combo matches as it slows them down more the you.

SB: 4 [ZEN] Ravenous Trap is to slow down decks that work in their graveyard. (Dredge)

SB: 4 [DS] Echoing Decay stops Elves! and Goblins cold if you play them at the correct time.

SB: 2 [TE] Perish is the only budget card that can deal with Natural Order decks. It also kills $50 Tarmogoyf pretty dead.

SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog could be another Perish some more discard. If you see a lot of Zoo decks then one Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of Light and Shadow, Sword of Fire and Ice, or Basilisk Collar gives you a lot better game vs them. I like Sword of Fire and Ice the most as it makes most of their burn less important. You also get to draw more cards and that is always good.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1