Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 9

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Create a Card: Round 9 Reply with quote

From last thread:

These forums are always too gay. How about a competition? The rules are simple:

1. Judge posts the card criteria;

2. People make card(s) based on the criteria;

3. Judge picks a winner; and

4. The winner becomes the judge for the next round.

---

Card concept: Make a flavorful, balanced, two drop. Bonus points for making it a tournament staple without making it too overpowered on its own and bonus points for innovation.

(yes, it can be any card type. i'm hoping to see more innovation than just broken disruption bears)

I'll repeat this now rather than later: flavorful, balanced two-drop of any card type.

Let's see some goods, people!
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodprice | UB
Sorcery -- (MR)

Search your library for a card, reveal it,
put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
You lose life equal to the revealed card's
converted mana cost.

Knowledge requires a payment.

More less the same I submitted for an earlier Create-A-Card, though revised a little bit.
Inspired by Bob and Diabolic Tutor.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz-Gruul Anarchists | 1(R/G)
Creature - Human Mob (Rare)

If R was spent to play Liz-Gruul Anarchists, deal 2 damage to target player when this spell resolves.

If G was spent to play Liz Gruul Anarchists, this spell cannot be countered by spells or abilities.

Temperamental 15 (Liz-Gruul Anarchists comes into play with 15 temperament counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, roll a d20. If the roll is higher than the number of temperament counters on Liz-Gruul Anarchists, tap Liz-Gruul Anarchists and it deals damage to you equal to it's power. Whenever damage is dealt to Liz-Gruul Anarchists, remove that many temperamental counters.)

4/5

"You've never heard of the Enchanted Kingdom of Liz-Gruul? Some acid-head anarchists took over about 4 acres of land next to New Jersey and called it Liz-Gruul. Yeah, the government didn't even notice. So them kids done went and got their hands on some real explosives, now, I don't mean them little 4th of July toys you give two year olds, like C4...or Thermite, I mean the real stuff..."
- Some Wino in Santa Monica talking about something irrelevant.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Gay Bear 1G

Creature - Bear (uncommon)

Flash, Death touch.

1/5

Cause no man can bare being caught unaware, by a big gay bear.

The idea is your creature is going off to battle (must be male for it to work) then a big gay bear jumps your creature from behind and rapes it (flash) then after that your creature kills itself because of the psychological pain the bears penis caused (death touch).

Last edited by GreenBear on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain Stabilizator
UU Artifact- Uncommon
When Brain Stabilizator comes into play, draw three cards then put tree cards on top of your library in any order.
UU, tap Brain Stabilizator: Scry 2.
This made me, Jace Beleren the true Jace, the mind sculptor...

Last edited by Halldir on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I realized that two drop meant permanent.

Mishra
BR
Planeswalker

+2 Put a 1/1 artifact creature token into play with haste, sacrifice it at the end of the turn

-2 Destroy target planeswalker

-8 Put an 8/8 replica token into play with haste, trample and devour 4

Last edited by caesarthehun on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Monkey | GB
Rare
Creature - Monkey Ninja

Trample, Protection from White

Kicker UWR : If the Kicker cost was payed, Ninja Monkey gets +2/+0 and gains Protection from Everything

2/1

Toooonga!!
ykpon
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobold General RR
Rare
Creature - Kobold
Other Kobold creatures you control get +2/+2.
2/2
"Serving Dosan is not what we are born for. Come on, he doesn't even belong to our world"
-Rohgahh of Kher Keep

upd: p/t added :>

Last edited by ykpon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why all again posts imbas...
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@caeser: two drop can be anything at all for this round. instant, enchantment, planeswalker, whatever

@Manfred: lmao that flavor text is flawless

Initial thoughts (go back and change before final judging, idc)

Bloodprice: fine being a gold card; I don't think a UB combo deck is happening in standard/extended, and it might/probably end up a tournament staple in older formats. It also prevents any shenanigans with the combo public enemy #1: Emrakul. not too much flavor here, but there's really not much room for it.

Liz-Gruul Anarchists: surprisingly balanced, but im not sure it would be a tournament staple. flavorful and innovative.

Big Gay Bear: too flavorful, waaaay too flavorful.

Brain Stabilizer: A little too powerful, especially at common. I like the design idea of Crystal Ball-esque cards that are better than Crystal Ball.

Mishra: flavorful, balanced, and an interesting take on a two drop planeswalker. his first ability could have been broken, but the ball lightning clause ties up the loose ends nicely. not too powerful on paper, but i keep getting the feeling that he would end up a tournament staple, if printed.

Ninja Monkey: not too flavorful, but if you can prove he is, i'm all ears. the kicker clause that gives him +2/+0 doesn't feel right, it should probably be counters of some sort

Kobold General: hits all the criteria given, though not really too much in any area.

Lavagoyf: cool tarmo/kiln fiend hybrid. balanced, flavorful, and already proven to be a staple due to the cards its inspired by, without going over the edge

Last edited by Tao on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lavagoyf 1r mythic

Lavagoyfs power and toughness is increased by x/x. x is = to the amount of damage any opponent this turn,

x/x+1
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halldir wrote:

dont see how all of those are imba, hell the kobold is a creature without a p/t even XD
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HujuVanikil wrote:
Halldir wrote:

dont see how all of those are imba, hell the kobold is a creature without a p/t even XD

posted that sentence in same time as kobold was posted:)
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Artificer 1U

Creature - Vedalken Artificer

When Master Artificer enters the battlefield, search your library for an artifact card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Whenever an artifact you control enters the battlefield, if you played it from your hand, return Master Artificer to your hand.

1/3
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Treacherous Edict........BR
Sorcery........................Uncommon

Target player sacrifices a creature. If that player can't, Treacherous Edict deals 4 damage to him or her instead.

Damned if you do, dead of you don't.

that's decent and would see average to below average play... but i think you could make it better still. Make it an instant.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5