Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create A Card: Round 8

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Mizukage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Create A Card: Round 8 Reply with quote

From last thread:

These forums are always too quiet. How about a competition? The rules are simple:

1. Judge posts the card criteria;

2. People make card(s) based on the criteria;

3. Judge picks a winner; and

4. The winner becomes the judge for the next round.

---

Round 8: Create a card that will have awesome synergy with current cards in the likes of

1.) Eldrazi Conscription to my Sovereigns
2.) Primeval Titan to my Valakut
3.) Dark Tutelage to my Vampires (will also accept SB options that trumps certain match-ups)
4.) Bloodbraid Elf (and format breakers, etc.)

Judging in 24 hours.
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool of Wisdom
Legendary Land - M
Pool of wisdom comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add U to your mana pool.
Whenever you tap Pool of Wisdom for mana and you can spot three lands that can produce all five types of mana, you may draw a card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add vivids and reflection pools and enjoy in 5cc:)
I hope its not too broken but its still a nonbasic land that can be removed by tectonic edge and its legendary...
lucksick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artifact - 3
T: add 2 mana to your mana pool.
Sac: Target creature you control gains haste until end of turn

[SPOILER: Titans... Titans everywhere!]
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgin Terrain - Land
{T}, Pay 3 life, Sacrifice ~: Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Right now, I see nothing. Just a lot of thick brush, a harsh terrain.

Obvious combo with Lotus Cobra: Search for a fetchland, pop the fetchland and get a basic land for one extra mana off Lotus Cobra.
It's not broken: In Legacy/Vintage it might give you the solution finding that Karakas/Maze of Ith/whatever land but it will last for just one use and then get exiled (so that Life from the Loam doesn't abuse from this).

P.S: You can actually fetch Virgin Terrain with Virgin Terrain, producing 4 landfall effects in a single turn. Whereas this might be seen as bah-ro-ken there're no real landfall effects which might be game-breaking deals that do not exist already (apart from Lotus Cobra I guess) and the 3 life drawback might very likely prevent you from using this but in a very early-game situation.
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Djinn: this with cobra makes turn 3 primeval titan + 5 more mana... imho it is broken...
ykpon
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persistence of the Fittest G
Enchantment - Rare
Whenever you shuffle your library, untap target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less.

Mainly for Fauna Shaman but also BoP, Mother of Runes, Grim Lavamancer and others with fetchlands. Two or less because of combo with KotR (still possible through something like Seeker of Skybreak though). Without 'may' to help your opponents sometimes.
lucksick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Halldir wrote:
Djinn: this with cobra makes turn 3 primeval titan + 5 more mana... imho it is broken...

My card allows t3 titan with birds of paradise.
AND it gives them haste.... ;3
Welran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djinn wrote:

It's not broken

of course it is broken
it fetches tolarian academy and you don't need second turn after fetching it Smile
the synergy with cobra is awful it doesn't win game and cost too much life.
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artifact
T : Copy target triggered ability. You may choose new targets for that ability.
Stork

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molten Fields

Land

3,{T}, Sacrifice Molten Fields and another Land:
Exile target nonbasic Land. Search that land's controller's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as the chosen card and exile them.

vs. Valakut
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblin Gangmember | 2R
Creature - Goblin Thug (Rare)

Call The Homies 4 (When Goblin Gangmember comes into play, you may reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with a converted mana cost of 4. You may play that card without paying it's converted mana cost. That card gains haste and "Whenever this card deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it".

If G was used to pay for Goblin Gangmember, put a land card from your library into play tapped.

If B was used to pay for Goblin Gangmember, search your library for a card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. You lose life equal to 1.5 times it's converted mana cost (rounding down).

2/3
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card would probably get restricted in Vintage as Crop Rotation and the like is. I know it can fetch Tolarian Academy/Serra's Sanctum and abuse it as if there's no tomorrow. Still, the sinergy in standard is not that great. You claim that OMG TITAN TURN3! is broken. We've had this for a while, no need to cry over it. It's a powerful land, probably would see play in certain decks and it sort-of defines the format in so that some decks would be tier decks because of it. That's what the judge asked. He asked for a conscription-like card. This card improves the decks where it should be played and allows room for some marginal/casual use for other formats. In my opinion, not only is it balanced but a great idea. I am glad that my card arose that much criticism Very Happy We'll see if the judge likes it too, or if someone comes up with a better idea Very Happy
kumagmd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm submitting isn't as broken as most of the other submissions... (yeah, I'm a sucker for 'realistic' cards)

Steamflogger Rigger
2RR - Uncommon
Creature - Orc Rigger
Sacrifice a land and an artifact: Put a token onto the battlefield that is an X/X artifact creature that counts as a contraption into play, where X is the sacrificed artifact's converted casting cost.
'What does this thing do?' - Steamflogger Rigger, last words
2/4

*for those who can't tell, this is meant to interact pretty well with the futuresight card 'Steamflogger Boss'. It's not broken... probably never will, but it does synergize pretty well =).
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W1 Johnnie ('jani?) Walker
Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a player activates a planeswalker's ability, you may put two 1/1 soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.

Combos hard with Ajani Goldmane/Sarkhan Vol if you stack the triggers correctly, while being a fantastic Jace trump in the color that should really still have one (WTF happened to O-Ring?)

edit: nvm, no need to stack anything correctly, as that already happens.

Last edited by Tao on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Welran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumagmd wrote:
What I'm submitting isn't as broken as most of the other submissions... (yeah, I'm a sucker for 'realistic' cards)

why do you post not broken card in create a broken combo competition Smile?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4