Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you like to see in mirrodin besieged?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
KnowN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: What would you like to see in mirrodin besieged? Reply with quote

What kind of cards would you like to see come out in the next set? Please explain why you think it will be a good addition to type 2. Include some cards that you think should be reprinted.

3cc Land destruction: I miss this SO much. Turn 1 birds, turn 2 LD, turn 3 LD, turn 4 fattie! so much fun. It would weaken control nicely and it could do good vs some aggro decks. Ramp would have a good match up unless you go first and never let them drop lands before its too late.
Combo-Able cards: Everyone loves a good combo. If its fast enough most ramp decks won't stand a chance. Control and Aggro will probably have good match ups. Obviously it will all depend on the combo.
Powerful Spells: Everyone is winning with their creatures and planeswalkers. What about those instant/sorcery cards that may not straight up win you the game but do something really significant (Example: Death Cloud, Cruel Ultimatum)

I have other things I'm interested in but I would like to know what u guys think. Below are 16 cards that I would like to see reprinted or something similar be made. Not all of them fit into the card types above but i would still like to see them.

1) Molten Rain
2) Death Cloud
3) Goblin Piledriver
4) Story Circle
5) Ajani Vengeant
6) Thought seize
7) Tooth and nail
8 Sakura Tribe Elder
9) Persecute
10) Profane Command
11) Reveillark
12) Sower of temptation
13) Teferi, mage of zhalfir
14) Momentary Blink
15) Cryptic Command
16) Meddling Mage

I'm way too lazy to explain my choices, if you think any of the above cards would be bad for the format please do say so.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind seeing Gaddock Teeg (or a form of) being reprinted.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jace the mind sculptor
Comodope

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards I would really love to see:

White:
Armageddon, Reveillark, Runed Halo, Decree of Justice, Shining Shoal, Serra Avenger, Mana Tithe, Momentary Blink

Blue:
Fact or Fiction, Desertion, Teferi, Treachery, Future Sight, Misdirection, Exclude, Miscalculation, Remand, spell snare, bribery, condescend, venser, shaper savant, Mulldrifter, Force of Will, Cryptic Command

Black:
Dark Confidant, Tombstalker, Phyrexian Arena, Thoughtseize, Necromancy, Animate Dead, Reanimate, Exhume, Sinkhole, Choking Sands, chainers edict, Hymn to Tourach

Red:
Grim Lavamancer, Arc Slogger, Countryside Crusher, Price of Progress, Incinerate, Banefire, Hearth Kami, Viashino Heretic, Molten Rain, Pillage, Stone Rain, Avalanche Riders, Wildfire, Seething Song

Green:
Rhox, Genesis, Sylvan Library, Rude Awakening, Heartbeat of Spring, Tooth&Nail, Stonewood Invocation, eternal witness, regrowth

Artifact:
Engineered Explosives, Pithing Needle, Ankh of Mishra, Howling Mine, Vedalken Shackles, senseis divining top, crucible of worlds, Silent Arbiter, Talisman/Signet cycle, Staff of Domination, Solemn Simulacrum, Sword of Fire&Ice, grafted Wargear, Mask of Memory

Land:
Cloudpost, Vesuva, Urza cycle, Maze of Ith, enemy color cycle of SOM lands, Reflecting Pool, Horizon Canopy, Mishras Factory

Multicolor:
Lightning Helix, Vindicate, Lightning Angel, Angel of Despair, Fulminator Mage, Prophetic Bolt, Electrolyze, voidslime, absorb...
AEonFlux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remand or thoughts of ruin
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooth and Nail with the Eldrazi legal in t2 = hilarous.
GaryOak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pithing needle
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryOak wrote:
pithing needle

This. Or any other effective way to deal with planeswalkers. Mr. Green
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Red and White protection sword.

2 to equip
when declared as an attacker the creature gets +3+0, when deals damage it can instead redirect it's power to any number of creatures or players divided how you choose
+2/+2

Wrath you boros!
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
a Red and White protection sword.

2 to equip
when declared as an attacker the creature gets +3+0, when deals damage it can instead redirect it's power to any number of creatures or players divided how you choose
+2/+2

Wrath you boros!

I believe this will happen for two reasons: first, because they did the exact same thing with the Kaldra equipment; second, because only two enemy-color swords are missing, and they're an old favorite of players. I could be wrong, though. Mr. Green

EDITED: Yep, Mark Rosewater just confirmed it:
"During design, the blue ability of the sword was to Unsummon a creature. Because of that, the playtest name of this card was Sword of Bears and Bounce. And yes, those of you dying for us to finish this cycle during the block will get your wish. You'll see the next one sometime during Mirrodin Besieged previews."

Last edited by Lynolf on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would i like to see? Lynolf make a post that doesn't end with that stupid green smiley Mr. Green
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
What would i like to see? Lynolf make a post that doesn't end with that stupid green smiley Mr. Green

But that's my signature smiley... Crying or Very sad
maps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niteshade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a way to remove poison counters. Poison has gotten almost ridiculous in draft.
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should rename this thread what are your favorite cards because almost none of these make since from a design point...and i doubt any of the cards you mentioned will be reprinted
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2