Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frost Titan targets

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Frost Titan targets Reply with quote

Hi,

(I guess that this was already been asked here, but I couldn't find out the post. So, if this question really had been made already, sorry about the double post!)

My doubt is,
->Can I target a tapped permanent with Frost Titan, and maintain that permanent tapped the next turn?
I think that obviously I can do that, but believe or not, almost half the players who matched me, started to say that I can't!

Some says that I simply can't target a tapped permanent, others says that I can in fact target a tapped permanent, but cause I didn't tapped it with the Frost's ability, that permanent will untap the next turn...

Basically, can I use the Frost Titan's ability on a tapped permanent?

Thanks for your help,

cHaKaL
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost Titan {4UU}
|Creature Giant|
Whenever Frost Titan becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter that spell or ability unless its controller pays 2.
Whenever Frost Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, tap target permanent. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
6/6

---

Frost Titan can target tapped permanents.

The only targetting requirement in Frost Titan's second abilitiy is that the target must be a "permanent". If Frost Titan could only target untapped permanents, it would have said "target untapped permanant".

If you target an already tapped permanent, that permanent will not untap next turn. Frost Titan's ability will still try and do as much as it can.

Last edited by Farseer on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap target permanent, it doesn't untap during it's untap phase.

All it has to be is a permanent for you to target it. Once it's targetted, the ability will do as much as it can, which means if it's already tapped, it indeed, will not untap during it's untap phase.

Edit: Jynx Farseer, you owe me a Coke.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your quick reply!

That's what I thought, but with so many people "making his own rules" to try winning the game... I had to know for sure...
Anyway, thanks guys!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1