Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a card competition revamped

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Jacois (Malleable Elf) I really like the mechanic but you lose marks for not stating the rarity, I think this at common which you could have made it would have given that black removal fits and strengthened green, in one swing of the dice as well as filling all the other requirements the card is exactly what i was looking for. You would have got a 9 had you stated the rarity as common but as it stands an 8/10.

Obviously it's a Mythic Rare, geez. Wink
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I thought Sebas was in with a chance!
Alandariel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Alandariel (Elvish Oracle) First off full marks for structure of answer. Makes things much easier for me.

I agree the card is def more a limited card and it has enough skill involved in the card for me to be happy with that criteria also. On removal here as he does not give himself spellbound or have spellbound himself I think he struggles to make this mark. The mechanic is very powerful and quite innovative. Although what was prob an error in wording of the card let you down on one point the overall structure was superb so assuming that is exactly what happened this squeezes a 8/10.

If he had Spellbound he would be completely OP and have to be a rare for sure, making his effectiveness in limited much smaller considering the odds of seeing him in a given draft. He forces your opponent to remove him before removing bigger creatures. Soaking up a good removal spell in itself is worth its weight in cardboard, but keeping that removal from hitting your other guys at opportune times is what makes this guy such a house in limited.

I don't care much to win; I simply find enjoyment out of using my creative juices. I just don't feel that you completely understand the use of this card or this mechanic. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm usually not.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alandariel's card :

Elvish Oracle | 3GG
Creature - Elf Shaman (U)
Other creatures you control have Spellbound 2 (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, copy that spell or ability twice. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
1/3

Real card released 2 months ago :

Asceticism 3GG
Enchantment
Creatures you control can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.
1G : Regenerate target creature.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is I wouldn't call a 5 mana 1/3 that basically says kill this guy before you kill another guy is that good. It feels very win more, if you had made it 2 mana then maybe but at 5 mana, why not just cast another big dude instead most of the time.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2