Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/W/B Blink with vids ~ Best deck? I think so

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to the extra tight moderating of threads.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of claiming you have the best deck in the format, just say you want some help on the deck like everyone else.

Saying your deck is the best in the format, to me, opens you up for trolling... Which I would allow if a moderator because you have to defend such a ridiculous claim.

In other news, I beat him with mono blue control. Nuff said.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not even sweating that idiot because I have nothing to prove to him. I know my wins arent imaginary. If the deck sucks so much why does it win so much for me? Am I that good or are you just wrong?

You are intitled to your opinion but dont state things like I'm a noob and don't know what I'm talking about. I have no idea who you are and would probably play circles around you. Im sure there are some people in the chat that would vouch for me. Sealed, Draft, T2/any deck w/e.

Anyways I would've played in todays trial but I'm busy today. Hope somebody reps the deck.

PP you know every single card in my deck and your playing some pile that I have no idea about and that auto scoops to anything romotely aggro. With my miscount punt aside and wrong sb I probably would've won. And I never said I need help with the deck.

**Also I'm going to start recording my games Smile
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't care about recorded games against mws randoms. Prove yourself. Win a trial.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
We don't care about recorded games against mws randoms. Prove yourself. Win a trial.

ummmm like the trial I won yesterday?....
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and you lost five "tourneys". Trials for big boys gets yer decklist on the front of the page, mister.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record both are at fault.

1. Yes the claim is quite a big one but people can go on winning streaks that long and it was put across in a big headed manner.

2. Poor opening, generates poor responses and then it escalates, with the petty snipping. But you get loads of rubbish responses here regardless and there are a bunch of people whom are either 12 or still have the minds of 12 year old's who seem to thrive on these threads.

3. Keep in the mind the possible age of the person you are arguing with, a way of giving an accurate age of a poster would be so helpful.

I appreciate everyone gets fed up of it sometimes but would you go around telling a 10 year old or something irl he's terrible at magic and you are so much better than him? No you'd look stupid he is 10 for crying out loud and generally be regarded as a dick for behaving that way towards a kid that young.

finally: Honestly any noob, the worst player to ever walk the face of the planet can big up his magic playing skills on a magic-league forum or equally put down someone else's skills. This proves nothing to no one and just makes you look stupid.

Yes I'm sure your all frustrated at your obvious talents, going unnoticed but being a dick on an internet forum is not going to help your cause; its just going to put people off you.

Getting out there and playing and being sociable discussing plays logically, politely, with respect. Admitting when your wrong and not going into a huff about it, this is much easier to do if you have kept the conversation civil rather than being a condescending little twerp going around telling everyone how much smarter and better than them you are.

End Rant:) social skills people and a bit of logic. And I know I lose my rag sometimes with people on these forums but never with out provocation and i never end up looking any the better off for it. Hows the saying go never get into an argument with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and then win with experience.
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll worry about my reactions to a ten year old in real life when I'm interacting with a ten year old in real life. Welcome to internets.
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played with the deck and I didn't like it. No offense.

In all honesty, get your deck on the main page with a top 1-3 in a trial, than explain why/how it's awesome. I brag about Ninja's and Brass Gnat all the time (well, not all the time) because I top 3'd a trial twice and a master once Brass Gnat Style. And yes, I'm bragging right now. Wink
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I'm gonna try to be helpful. I like the deck idea, you have some interesting tec in here. I like the glimerpoint stag+mimic vat especially. it's a great way to answer planeswalkers, especially jace. Venser/vat/stag works well with...everything else. Unfortunately, my windows computer is down so I can't test it out for myself just yet.

That said here are my concerns, I'm a little worried about your control mu, against a smart control player it seems like they would have the upper hand if they played smart with their countermagic. Since you do not have any countermagic of your own, it seems like they could just save their countermagic for your more serious threats and ignore the smaller things.

For ramp, I'm not exactly sure how your deck can beat them consistently, leonin is almost a nessesity for this mu, but I don't know if you will be able to win fast enough to beat them before they hardcast emrakul, they have a lot of ramp, which means that they will likel be able to pay the extra 2 and ramp especially considering that 12 of their 22 ramp cards do not require them to search for anything (treespeaker, wall, explore)

my biggest concern is how do you beat a quick ww quest? An active quest on turn 3 means your not going to get to 4 mana for doj, and you are taking 7 damage a turn. Post sb the only thing you have to fight it is 3 journeys. Perhaps sb doomblades are not such a bad idea.

other then that, I like the idea of the deck, it reminds me of my mono w emeria deck that I made for last rotations standard where all the cards all work very well with eachother and generate a great deal of card advantage (unfortunately it lost a great deal of it's most important cards, so I scraped the idea until besieged). Good luck with your deck.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poroto wrote:
Starting the thread like that will make everyone hate your deck.. try to be modest, it works well socially Wink

On the other hand.. i like the deck, ive seen several blink decks and i have to say that this one seems the funniest one to play with but still not good enough for being the best

if i have to propose something, that would be change those 4 prophetic prisms for walls of omen, they have the same enter hability so they work for blinking and u have a wall! And i think that with 27 lands and only three 6 mana cards you dont need the prisms that much, just an idea,

I used to run walls and preordain but they got pushed aside for prisms. Walls were not great against control or valakut but I couldn't really afford to side them out in those matchups. And prisms let you not only play anything but also max out on tectonic edges. Prisms are great.

Also I sadly dont have mtgo. I will try to record some mini games or leagues or w.e but the only thing my computer is getting old and Im afraid to record while playing in a mini for fear of it crashing. (Its been having some memory issues)

Im a little sick but ill try to see if I can get a good game up here today.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just played this match about an hour ago. Against a UW Venser deck.

game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVW2R1AOaIQ
game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZY644S4gz4

Granted game 1 he was being color screwed, so it wasnt really competitive. Its funny that the UW got color screwed while the esper one didnt. Game 2 is alot better and these vids arent to show how super leet I am its to show how the deck is played. Oh and he asked for my build after the game lol. Ill try to have more vids up.
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cheated in game 2 :/ The turn you went Marsh Flats, then cracked it and then brainstormed with Jace you play a Creeping Tar Pit after that. I'm not sure how much it would affect the game in the end (hard to say when you can't see his hand) but nevertheless...
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balthazar88 wrote:
You cheated in game 2 :/ The turn you went Marsh Flats, then cracked it and then brainstormed with Jace you play a Creeping Tar Pit after that. I'm not sure how much it would affect the game in the end (hard to say when you can't see his hand) but nevertheless...

Hahahaha oooops. I really didnt realize.

I will try to have more games up today.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done playing a good league match against UB control. They were pretty good games. I'll have them up in a few as soon as they're done uploading.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4