Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MWC ( Slow Mindslaver Combo )

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
WereTaco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: MWC ( Slow Mindslaver Combo ) Reply with quote

// Lands
18 [ZEN] Plains (2a)
4 [ZEN] Emeria, the Sky Ruin
2 [ZEN] Arid Mesa

// Creatures
4 [M11] Sun Titan
3 [WWK] Pilgrim's Eye
4 [ZEN] Kor Cartographer
3 [SOM] Salvage Scout
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [ROE] Wall of Omens

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
4 [SOM] Mindslaver
2 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
2 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
2 [ZEN] Expedition Map

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [SOM] Salvage Scout
SB: 1 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
SB: 3 [M11] Condemn
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 1 [SOM] Steel Hellkite
SB: 1 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
SB: 3 [SOM] Leonin Arbiter
SB: 2 [SOM] Lux Cannon

Pros: Amazing vs U/B, good vs U/W and Aggro.
Cons: Scoops to Valakut, or anything combo-ish.
MVP: Sqaudron Hawk.

Thinking about doing something with the Ratchet Bombs and the Condemns in the side, but not sure what yet.

It's not amazing, but it's fun Smile
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun. Maybe a Baneslayer Angel or 2 would be good just to steal games.
MTGKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're playing Emeria but 4 Sun Titan and 0 Tec Edge in the 75 seems bad...also 4 mindslaver is definitely asking for bad draws...-1 slaver, +1 wall or chalice
mortimus81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been playing MWC most of the year now and trust me it is a viable deck...my list is a bit differant so here it is...just posting it to see if you get any ideas from it that may help you...

2 emeria
4 arid mesa
2 mystifying maze
15 plains

4 wall of omens
3 baneslayer angel
4 sun titan

4 origin spellbomb
4 repel the darkness
4 condemn
4 pacifism
3 arrest
4 day of judgment
3 luminarch ascension

sideboard
3 elspeth tirel
3 leyline of sanctity
4 revoke existance
4 silence
1 luminarch ascension
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: MWC ( Slow Mindslaver Combo ) Reply with quote

WereTaco wrote:
// Lands
18 [ZEN] Plains (2a)
4 [ZEN] Emeria, the Sky Ruin
2 [ZEN] Arid Mesa

// Creatures
4 [M11] Sun Titan
3 [WWK] Pilgrim's Eye
4 [ZEN] Kor Cartographer
3 [SOM] Salvage Scout
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [ROE] Wall of Omens

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
4 [SOM] Mindslaver
2 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
2 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
2 [ZEN] Expedition Map

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [SOM] Salvage Scout
SB: 1 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
SB: 3 [M11] Condemn
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 1 [SOM] Steel Hellkite
SB: 1 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
SB: 3 [SOM] Leonin Arbiter
SB: 2 [SOM] Lux Cannon

Pros: Amazing vs U/B, good vs U/W and Aggro.
Cons: Scoops to Valakut, or anything combo-ish.
MVP: Sqaudron Hawk.

Thinking about doing something with the Ratchet Bombs and the Condemns in the side, but not sure what yet.

It's not amazing, but it's fun Smile

Anything that can mindslaver lock some one permanently is super cool in my book, there is nothing I enjoy more than taking my opponents go. I would drop a 4th sun titan and slaver for a pilgrims eyes and wall of omens this should help u survive to get the lock out more.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing a deck that scoops to valakut is really bad right now. At least run tec edge.
MotC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but why wouldn't you just play UW control instead, besides for the fact that Jace=$$$.

Well anyway. I would make the following changes to the deck without testing.

-1 Mindslaver (4 is way too many. If you didn't want to combo I would say 2 max)
-2 Expedition Map (I understand its uses, but they are minimal)
-1 Elspeth Tirel
-2 Arid Mesa (Not needed because you don't have Jace or a need to majorly thin)
-2 Plains

+1 Wall of Omens (Best card advantage you have thats not Squadron Hawk)
+1 Pilgrim's Eye (Blocker)
+2 Gideon Jura (Win condition and rapes Aggro)
+4 Tectonic Edge (You are now not 100% dead to a valakut) Also its your only answer to Manlands in the Maindeck)
WereTaco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a misconception that Valakut cares about Techtonic Edges all that much. Most of the time a good Valakut player will not drop it unless they are land screwed or the combo is going off. It's almost pointless to hit Valakut after they drop Titan if you can't also remove the titan, this deck really doesn't have the mana to support that, since valakut can go turn 4. Most good Valakut lists also run ZERO non-basics aside from valakut that would be worth hitting. The only reason I would consider them is for Manlands which can be a problem vs control-ish decks.

The reason I run 4x Mindslaver and 4x Sun Titan is because if either of those resolve vs control it's GG or close to it. Also because MWS hates me. I played in a mini with this earlier, I had 18 cards left, all my lands on the board, and hadn't drawn a single Titan or Slaver. I won, but wow.

As far as Emeria being fragile, you don't drop it until after you have mindslavered, tech edging their own lands spreading seas etc.

Arid Mesa is for synergy with Sun Titan, not sure why you didn't see that.

Thinking about dropping 1 techtonic and 1 bojuka in the side with map that seems solid.

And yes, obviously U/w is better. ;p
MotC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WereTaco wrote:

Didn't cross my mind for some reason.
Sandro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WereTaco wrote:
I think it's a misconception that Valakut cares about Techtonic Edges all that much. Most of the time a good Valakut player will not drop it unless they are land screwed or the combo is going off. It's almost pointless to hit Valakut after they drop Titan if you can't also remove the titan, this deck really doesn't have the mana to support that, since valakut can go turn 4. Most good Valakut lists also run ZERO non-basics aside from valakut that would be worth hitting. The only reason I would consider them is for Manlands which can be a problem vs control-ish decks.

The reason I run 4x Mindslaver and 4x Sun Titan is because if either of those resolve vs control it's GG or close to it. Also because MWS hates me. I played in a mini with this earlier, I had 18 cards left, all my lands on the board, and hadn't drawn a single Titan or Slaver. I won, but wow.

As far as Emeria being fragile, you don't drop it until after you have mindslavered, tech edging their own lands spreading seas etc.

Thinking about dropping 1 techtonic and 1 bojuka in the side with map that seems solid.

And yes, obviously U/w is better. ;p

I'm pretty sure most valakut players if they have a valakut in their starting hand they're gonna play the valakut over a mountain... so Idk what rant you're trying to make about edges not mattering against valakut, because obviously they do. If you have an edge and they attack with green titan obv you're gonna sac the edge and get their valakut...
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats iffy, A forest for ramp, second forest to cast the green spells, 4 mountains, grab as many valakuts as needed 2 minimum. even in G2 id drop a T1 valakut. If I can get a titan to attack that should be all the valakut's I need. I like terestadon vs tec edge. Valakut is fast, can summon trap at your EOT after a day of judgement, but, once you mindslaver them, its gonna be a game over. If you can recur the slaver after that, you can make the ramp player kill himself easily. Mostly it looks like Valakut is faster then this. Good luck, looks fun, I always get slow draws with valakut tho.
WereTaco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not as good as some people make it out to be. In my deck it's also pretty hard to get 7 plains for emeria, so I'd rather not run many non-basics.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also ratchet bomb> spreading seas many people forget this.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1