Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiplayer EDH LANDS

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Multiplayer EDH LANDS Reply with quote

Thank you to Carlos Gutierrez for suggestions and his artacle on Quiet Speculation about his Child of Alara Land deck.

THE DECKLIST:

General:
Child of Alara (Yes it has hit the graveyard, and multiple times per game)

Creatures:
Azusa, Lost but Seeking (Always welcome in play)
+ Etched Monstrosity (Trying for the card draw)
Eternal Witness (Haven't had a chance to get this online yet)
+ Genesis (Will still let me draw my card per turn instead of using Volrath's Stronghold)
Patron of the Moon (With Amulet of Vigor infinite combo with the Karoo Guildlands)
Oracle of Mul Daya (Always welcome in play)
Meloku the Clouded Mirror (With Patron combo, Enough creatures to kill everyone)
Knight of the Reliquary (Gets big and is a land tutor)
+ Phyrexian Metamorph (I want to see this either kill a general, get a copy of an opponents artifact or creature for myself or copy something I have)

Enchantment:
Trade Routes (This is a powerhouse)
Rites of Flourishing (Everyone Loves this card when it's out)
Manabond (yeah, It's an expensive card for a reason)
Abundance (Will usually select non-land every draw)
+ Solitary Confinement (This isn't a grief card, wont make me #1 target as soon as it hits, and protects me from lots of things, including graveyard removal I have encountered)
+ Prismatic Omen (OBV mana fixing is OBV, will also enable Valakut and Emeria)

Instant:
+ Grim Harvest (Recurs creatures like a champ)
+ Intuition (OBV graveyard manipulation is OBV)
+ Crop Rotation (I haven't had a chance to use it, but I assume it will do a lot more for G then anything else I can think of)

Spells:
Demonic Tutor
Walk the Aeons (Crucible+ 2exctra land drops, another infinite, Haven't goten the game state to that yet)
Wargate (This card is so awesome)
Life from the Loam (Cycle lands, Trade Routes, Seismic assault, Manabond, This cards is machine!)
Scapeshift (Hopefully after I have a good amount of lands, easily gets my utility lands and/or sets up for walk the aeons)
+ Buried Alive (Genesis is powerful and if my general gets tucked away into my deck, I can get it back, I do want to run a few more creatures, but that's after the next few test runs)
+ Genesis Wave (I'll let you know how it works out)
+ Demonic Collusion (Discarding lands, producing tons of mana, this can win games)
+ Summer Bloom (Was suggested)

Artifact:
Oblivion Stone (A just in case card, Ive recured it several times with academy ruins)
Amulet of Vigor (Horn of Greed (Oracle and this, is fantastic)
Ensnaring Bridge (Has helped me more games then not)
Legacy Weapon (Infinite mana and this thing.... yeah)
Zuran Orb (Gain life, cycle lands with crucible, has kept me alive for a few turns)
Crucible of Worlds (Great card for the deck)
+ Storm Cauldron (This should also enable me to win the game, ESP with Manabond)

Land:
10 Rav Shock Lands
5 Enemy Search Lands
10 Cycling Lands
Riftstone Portal
Horizon Canopy
Maze of Ith
Petrified Field
Academy Ruins
Crystal Quarry
Reliquary Tower
Strip Mine
Vesuva
Tolaria West
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Volrath's Stronghold
Phyrexian Tower
Miren, the Moaning Well
Glacial Chasm
Gargoyle Castle
4 bouncelands
Cephalid Coliseum
Barbarian Ring
Cabal Pit
4 Plains
2 Island
4 Swamp
2 Mountain
4 Forest

Saga cycling (lands are great for the card draw)
Onslaught Cycling (Same as the saga cycling)
Karoo Guldlands (I want to be able to play the max amount of lands per turn, and patron + amulet combo is awesome)

Exploration: I don't have this card, But I would include it in a heartbeat.
BLACK/RED manland: once I get to my collection
Valakut: once I get to my collection
Searchlands: the new ones once I get to my collection
rav dulas: once I get to my collection
ad nauseum: once I get to my collection

Suggestions?

(BTW: My roomates have been playing EDH for a long time now, when I mentioned EDH land deck they didn't expect anything close to what built, sceptics at first, the deck works pretty good with a few major weaknesses: Mindslaver, Land destruction, Bojuka Bog)

OUT (for now):
Overgrown Estate (Haven't really needed to be gaining life enough to warrant 2 cards that let me do so)
Seismic Assault (It's quite hard to abuse this besides spot removal, I want to get to my goal quicker then trying to get this online)
Gaea's Touch (Somewhat useful but I should have enough other cards by now to ignore this one)
Burgeoning (Great for a turn, but that's about it)
Rule of Law (I would rather protect myself in other ways rather then limiting my options, also, I would become an instant target)
Psychic Vortex (Harder to get enchantments back then the creatures and artifacts, It is an awesome card but I'm trying out other options at the moment)
Treasure Hunt (Trying other options)
Enlightened Tutor (An all purpose tutor that doesn't disrupt my next draw should be better)
Realms Uncharted (see Enlightened Tutor, yes it's a land deck, I may put it back in)
New Frounteirs (I'll include Basic lands in case this is cast from someone else, or the new Joined forces card)[/code]

Last edited by WildCard on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same random cards/ideas: Primeval Titan, good planeswalkers (elspeth 1, jace 2, lilliana, nicol bolas), Alara ultimatum cycle (cast them off Prismatic Omen), Wargate, some counterspells, Weathered Wayfarer, more sweepers (Wrath, All Is Dust, Akroma's Vengeance), non-red Lorwyn commands, Eye of Ugin + Eldrazi monsters, more card draw in general, and that sick 3G sorcery that says grab two forest cards but really just gets two ravnica duals

I'm sure there's a boatload more fun/broken interactions for lands in EDH, especially in 5-colors, if you keep looking for land-based EDH decks.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Child of Alara, as a General, sucks Reply with quote

You do realize that when generals return to the Command Zone for being destroyed, they never hit the graveyard, and unless you have an efficient way to reanimate Child of Alara over and over, your deck sucks... right? Mr. Green
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Child of Alara, as a General, sucks Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
You do realize that when generals return to the Command Zone for being destroyed, they never hit the graveyard, and unless you have an efficient way to reanimate Child of Alara over and over, your deck sucks... right? Mr. Green

The deck is not based off of that card alone, its for survivability. Please read the fourm rules, it may not be in this one, but the rules are for all forums.

Blake- wrote:
1. Be polite

This applies for everyone. Flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated and are very warnable offenses. It doesn't matter if they don't post here often or are new members, a flame is a flame regardless.

jonproject wrote:
Same random cards/ideas: Primeval Titan, good planeswalkers (elspeth 1, jace 2, lilliana, nicol bolas), Alara ultimatum cycle (cast them off Prismatic Omen), Wargate, some counterspells, Weathered Wayfarer, more sweepers (Wrath, All Is Dust, Akroma's Vengeance), non-red Lorwyn commands, Eye of Ugin + Eldrazi monsters, more card draw in general, and that sick 3G sorcery that says grab two forest cards but really just gets two ravnica duals

I'm sure there's a boatload more fun/broken interactions for lands in EDH, especially in 5-colors, if you keep looking for land-based EDH decks.

Primeval Titan: Thought about it, Would be nice, I generally won't start attacking until I am set up and you would need to attack to help setup, I prefer card draw.

Planeswalkers: The only thing I don't like about them, is other people don't like them, Would be the target of most damage until dead.

Weathered Wayfarer: Yeah, looks like an include. Zuran orb can make sure I qualify, my only fear is once I can start getting a few land in play a turn it would be worse to try to qualify for the activation.

Ultimatums: All are pretty expensive, If I were to play any it would be Violent (an oh no button.) Cruel is nice but I would like to have full use of the card and I don't see enough targets for returning a creature.

Wargate: 3 mana for a land, or more for a setup piece, looks good.

Commands: White is good for another sweeper, Primal command if I end up getting my setup and need to not deck myself.

Sweepers: Akroma's Vengeance, All is dust, Wrath of god. nice.

As far as the 3G sorcery: Id rather be able to draw/mill cards and be able to make multiple land drops.

Still making that list, I should have a rough sketch soon
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval triggers when cast too. He probably won't be hanging around for long, but in a deck based around land, getting two of whatever is pretty strong, even at six mana.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear decree of justice is good with lots of mana and then of course you want best friend eternal dragon. Also probably mindslaver and academy ruins as there is always one person at a table who has built a deck, that just makes it really unattractive to attack them. Then wins with some absurd card combination once its down 2 players, slaver lock trumps those strategies.

Last edited by GreenBear on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're even dumber than I thought.

If you are aware of that fact, why don't you choose a much suitable General, such as Cromat, or Sliver Queen, that can abuse the fact that you can generate tons of mana?

Also, explain just where I was rude in the last post. For someone who has replied more than 700 times in these forums, you still appear to have a lot to learn. Mr. Green
Alandariel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
So, you're even dumber than I thought.

If you are aware of that fact, why don't you choose a much suitable General, such as Cromat, or Sliver Queen, that can abuse the fact that you can generate tons of mana?

Also, explain just where I was rude in the last post. For someone who has replied more than 700 times in these forums, you still appear to have a lot to learn. Mr. Green

There's no explanation for being rude. For someone with over 400 posts your blatant disregard for forum rules as well as your need to degrade others shows what kind of person you are.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Alandariel Reply with quote

Again, you fail to tell me where I was rude, or broke the forum rulles. In addition, I never degraded the guy in my first post, instead alerting him to the fact that Child of Alara doesn't work the way I thought that he thought would.

You, on the other hand, made no useful reply to this guy's topic, instead just wasting time saying how unpolite I am, but without concrete evidence to support your accusation. But I guess that's what I would expect from someone who has posted half the times I did here. GG to you, sir! Mr. Green
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
I hear decree of justice is good with lots of mana and then of course you want best friend eternal dragon. Also probably mindslaver and academy ruins as there is always one person at a table who has built a deck, that just makes it really unattractive to attack them. Then wins with some absurd card combination once its down 2 players, slaver lock trumps those strategies.

I was looking at eternal dragon for the plainscycling, After I get all the non-basics I am unsure of how many plains I will have, Academy Ruins will be in the deck too, There are a few artifacts That I want on the battlefield. With the mass removal spells, Ill want to get crucible back on the table along with zuran orb. I do not know if volrath's stronghold is good enough alone to get my land dropping creatures back fast enough. Decree of Justice would be a win condition, I want my lands to win. Slaver lock will be a maybe, with academy ruins on the table and a mindslaver, whoever I don't target may just try to take me out. At least I look like I can beat by generals when I have zuran orb and crucible of worlds.
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nantuko cultivator
Alandariel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Alandariel Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
You, on the other hand, made no useful reply to this guy's topic, instead just wasting time saying how unpolite I am, but without concrete evidence to support your accusation. But I guess that's what I would expect from someone who has posted half the times I did here. GG to you, sir! Mr. Green

You mean like you just did? I'm sorry, but if some idiot flamed me in my own topic I would greatly appreciate someone standing up for me so that I didn't have to make an ass of myself in my own thread. It's quite useful to the topic at hand, if only literally to the topic at hand.

Lynolf wrote:
...unless you have an efficient way to reanimate Child of Alara over and over, your deck sucks...

That's not rude? Disrespectful? You've got to be kidding me. Get off the forums, kid. Come back when you learn the English language.

Relative to the topic, have you thought of using Balance? I'm not that keen on EDH rules but it seems like you would have the fuel to keep going after one and it should protect you quite well in multiplayer games. Dragonmaster Outcast is probably pretty decent too as a win con. And Zuran Orb might keep you alive a bit longer... maybe...
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balance isn't really legal.

Try yavimaya elder and skyshroud claim for some value cards.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Alandariel Reply with quote

Alandariel wrote:
Relative to the topic, have you thought of using Balance? I'm not that keen on EDH rules but it seems like you would have the fuel to keep going after one and it should protect you quite well in multiplayer games. Dragonmaster Outcast is probably pretty decent too as a win con. And Zuran Orb might keep you alive a bit longer... maybe...

Yes I have thought of using Balance, it just isn't legal. there is another... it has suspend, the only problem with it would be... I become a target.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Alandariel Reply with quote

WildCard wrote:
Yes I have thought of using Balance, it just isn't legal. there is another... it has suspend, the only problem with it would be... I become a target.

On the other hand, maybe the rest of the players would take it as an opprotunity to gain the best advantage they can.

I need the white and black tutors, academy rector would be good too. Updating decklist, once it hits 100 cards Ill post it... and hopefully someone is willing to play me with a ton of proxies until I find all the cards.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2