Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/W/B Blink with vids ~ Best deck? I think so

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck sucks. I know that because I've been building decks long enough to tell when a strategy is a good way to attack the metagame or just cute shenanigans.

Take a wild guess as to what this is.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
This deck sucks. I know that because I've been building decks long enough to tell when a strategy is a good way to attack the metagame or just cute shenanigans.

I like the way you phrased the first sentence, and I ask permission to use it in the future because I feel the same way.

Also Pega, I don't plan on beating aggro... although the vampire matchup is fine i think. Boros is a reverse bye, but hopefully people don't play it. I can beat ramp/other control decks more than 50%, which is what I aimed for.

Your deck desperately needs counterspells. Even just 3-4 mana leak, and the aformentioned 1 or 2 doom blade. Mimic vat is just a car in your deck that people can play around.
maps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested this deck:

Valakut (20 matches) 15-5

Boros (6 matches) 6-0

Vampires (11 matches) 11-0

UB Control (7 matches) 5-2

UW Control (4 matches) 4-0

Elves (3 matches) 0-3

Ok, the deck is NUTS...Elves is a bad matchup, naturally you are going to have a lack of difference makers which can run a beat down plan whilst you also hold off your blockers via life gain basically you need consume the meek somewhere should be fine gg deck use it plz.
maps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh btw i played v this fricken' equip beats deck (i.e. all this artifacts, golems, card counters) and I DID LOSE IT, so, maybe you need idk remove existance for also the luminarch assenscion. Btw petrarch is totally right; valakutt CANNOT answer your creature beasts while also managing an attacking game plan, no card draw in valakut no advantage just land draw searchers so basically YOURE ahead.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maps wrote:
Just tested this deck:

Valakut (20 matches) 15-5

Boros (6 matches) 6-0

Vampires (11 matches) 11-0

UB Control (7 matches) 5-2

UW Control (4 matches) 4-0

Elves (3 matches) 0-3

Ok, the deck is NUTS...Elves is a bad matchup, naturally you are going to have a lack of difference makers which can run a beat down plan whilst you also hold off your blockers via life gain basically you need consume the meek somewhere should be fine gg deck use it plz.

I simply don't believe you.

that many matches would take you... 20 hours? This hasn't been up that long i dont think.
BandaBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than 50 matches? lol what a joke. and to pegachris, you realize we can just go to your history and see your record with the deck...?
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BandaBear wrote:
more than 50 matches? lol what a joke. and to pegachris, you realize we can just go to your history and see your record with the deck...?

Be my guest. But just know that I don't play all my matches in league or minis. And with this latest version of the deck I think I only played in 3 minis. Also I spent some time playtesting against myself, with various decks. (and no I'm not taking these games into account when figuring out the record of this deck)

And maps yea elves can be odd same as any other green Vengevine type deck. I just bring in some removal and you should be fine.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
jonproject wrote:

I like the way you phrased the first sentence, and I ask permission to use it in the future because I feel the same way.

Go for it. Def Needs to be said to more of the forum noobs.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
jonproject wrote:

Go for it. Def Needs to be said to more of the forum noobs.

I just want jonproject to know that he did nothing to contribute to this thread and has essentially played the role of troll.

However about the deck: It is fun to play and like the style of control it reminds of an Inquest article a long time ago about "The Deck" which was the first big archetype really (UWB control featuring serra angel) they made a version in this article called the deck 2.0. If this deck gets big, I would call it The Deck 3.0, or just 3.0. That is the positive of this deck, that i already thought up a name for it.
However the matchup records do not seem accurate. How could you be 30-1 if your m/u with valakut is 50-50 or even 60-40?? did you test against...yaknow the best deck in standard...2-3 times?

Most importantly:
About the fact that valakut is your worst m/u: Its like playing lorwyn era and saying: it does well against everything...but fae. Or shards era and jund. Really, what the heck is the point of making a deck that has its worst m/u being valakut?
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks alright, but I don't see why it should be better than say UB or UW. I like the fact that this deck can actually deal with a resolved Grave Titan which most UB can't. But on the other hand you are playing one additional color in a field that is already filled with a lot of Tectonic Edges and Spreading Seas.

I personally tried to get Mimic Vat to work in my Worlds testing, but in my opinion it was just to lackluster. The card doesn't do anything versus Valakut and was just a lot of effort to get going versus control. And if the card is sketchy versus those two archetypes in todays Standard, you need to rethink. Maybe you have found a better combination of cards than I did though, I can't tell really just from looking at a decklist.

Also as several persons have already mentioned, the match history of the decks looks a wee bit exaggerated.
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems as if you should use Doom Blade over Journey since you're using the Vats.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balthazar88 wrote:
Looks alright, but I don't see why it should be better than say UB or UW. I like the fact that this deck can actually deal with a resolved Grave Titan which most UB can't. But on the other hand you are playing one additional color in a field that is already filled with a lot of Tectonic Edges and Spreading Seas.

I personally tried to get Mimic Vat to work in my Worlds testing, but in my opinion it was just to lackluster. The card doesn't do anything versus Valakut and was just a lot of effort to get going versus control. And if the card is sketchy versus those two archetypes in todays Standard, you need to rethink. Maybe you have found a better combination of cards than I did though, I can't tell really just from looking at a decklist.

Also as several persons have already mentioned, the match history of the decks looks a wee bit exaggerated.

Before my latest changes you would be correct about the 3 colors and getting screwed. It happened a couple times. I used to run only 2 tectonic edges but was still getting some bad land draws then I eventually took them out. Then I added 4 prisms in the deck and that all changed. I was able to go to 4 tectonic edges and went up to 27 lands and it runs smoothly. I tried 28 lands but 27 was fine. I remember one game against UB recently I was hit by 3 seas and 3 tectonic edges and was still able to play any spell I wanted. The prisms are amazing.

And about the mimic vats, a while ago I did take them out because I felt they were bad against control, valakut and too slow for aggro. But I dunno that all changed as well. I added them back in and they have been great. Even if I dont have alot of removal like doom blades it is still hard to play around. I can still chump block with my creatures and have enough of them that you just cant ignore them. I made a UB scoop from a specter on vat. And they were a little too slow for aggro but I put in enough support for that matchup to give myself time. And if Lone missionary ever gets on Vat its pretty much impossible for them to win. Its only against Valakut where Vat is weak which is why I take them out although they are good against Gaea's Revenge. Gives me a chump blocker every turn.

Also I used to run doom blades then moved two to sb but then swapped them out for journey/DoJ. I didnt like how they were useless against Vamps. I needed 2 more slots against aggro and ramp.

Oh yea one more thing I forgot to mention Stag. Him with Vat, Venser or another stag has SO MANY interactions. Like removing one of their lands for a turn against Valakut or removing a plainswalker for a turn against control.
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caeser, you have no goddamn idea what trolling is. I'm stating my opinion, which is well within my rights on here, and people are agreeing with me. If you want me to troll, I'll show you how the big boys roll.

This deck sucks. The concept sucks. The people claiming it only has one loss sucks. Whoever started this crap thread didnt invent the deck. Its my free wins at FNM/on modo and has been since scars T2 started. It has no viable way of beating/racing control of any kind or green ramp in a meta based mainly around beating control or

Wait for it

Green ramp.
LelouchX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Caeser, you have no goddamn idea what trolling is. I'm stating my opinion, which is well within my rights on here, and people are agreeing with me. If you want me to troll, I'll show you how the big boys roll.

This deck sucks. The concept sucks. The people claiming it only has one loss sucks. Whoever started this crap thread didnt invent the deck. Its my free wins at FNM/on modo and has been since scars T2 started. It has no viable way of beating/racing control of any kind or green ramp in a meta based mainly around beating control or

Wait for it

Green ramp.

That's not even a good troll... Just saying, you should get a tad bit better at it cause that was basically a net-angst rage rant that showed no real trolling abilities other than the fact you can throw random stereotypical internet insults.

In all honesty I don't see what the big deal is. Half the people state the deck works, other have of the people state the deck doesn't. Granted majority of the people who say the deck doesn't work, more or less didn't even test or run the deck. They just looked at it and stated that it doesn't work.

Sure, I agree that sometimes you can look at something and say, hey yeah, that doesn't work. But that doesn't work in all cases. Like this case here, where there are actually people who state that they have used the deck, and stated that it works, except for such and such, and those people provide possible changes and possible fixes... Which is what a Deck thread is suppose to be.

Keep the egos and elitist attitudes in check folks... Like someone told me in #ML on the first day I arrived. "Most of the people on ML.com are people who weren't good enough to go pro and they sulk here and pretend they are good when in reality, they just weren't good enough."

It's a deck thread people, not a free place to push your imaginary superiority onto others. Even if they aren't as good as you. Upgrade them with reasons and logic and suggestions, not forced elitism and "This is good cause I say so".

And that's all I'm saying on that topic...

inb4morerage
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louch: I troll incoherent dumbasses because they don't comprehend anything else and will continue to assume they simply cannot possibly be wrong, even in the face of facts that 100% prove my point or results from my experiences. I don't try and hijack threads by mass trolling them, unless the joke is REAAALLY funny. That was not a trolling attempt. My trolls are never subtle.

P.S. I'm going to betcha a dollar that you're probably going to need to be trolled after your next post.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4