Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/W/B Blink with vids ~ Best deck? I think so

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: U/W/B Blink with vids ~ Best deck? I think so Reply with quote

I figured it's time to let the cat out of the bag. I've been testing and tinkering with this deck for months and I feel I finally broke it. It beats literally everything. Only Valakut is a close match up but its still in your favor after sb.

I've wanted this deck to get popular but I've been hit by some bad luck but after my latest changes this deck is literally about 30-1. And that 1 loss came from a land screw against Valakut. So here goes:

// Lands 27
2 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
2 [M11] Glacial Fortress
3 [M11] Plains (1)
4 [WWK] Creeping Tar Pit
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
2 [M11] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M11] Swamp (3)
3 [M11] Island (2)
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge

// Creatures 15
4 [ROE] Sea Gate Oracle
4 [SOM] Glimmerpoint Stag
4 [M11] Liliana's Specter
2 [M11] Grave Titan
1 [M11] Sun Titan

// Spells 18
2 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
2 [SOM] Venser, the Sojourner
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
2 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [ROE] Prophetic Prism
2 [M11] Day of Judgment

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
SB: 1 [M11] Day of Judgment
SB: 2 [SOM] Skinrender
SB: 2 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [ROE] Lone Missionary
SB: 4 [SOM] Leonin Arbiter
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb

Trust me the deck works. Try it for yourself. Heres how I sb.

*Valakut/Eldrazi ramp = -2 mimic vat, -4 sea gate for +4 leonin arbiter, +1 journey, +1 Day of Judgement.

I've also been debating keeping mimic vats in and taking out 2 Vensers but this is probably correct.

*UB/UW = you are always bringing in 2 Hexmage it just depends what you take out and that depends on their build. Usually its 2 sea gate, but if its a UW deck with hardly any creatures you can -2 journey. Also if they really have no creatures then you can bring in the ratchet bombs in place of the day of judgements.

*Vampires = -4 Spreading Seas, -4 Liliana Specters, -1 Venser for +1 journey, +1 Day of Judgement, +2 Skinrender, +3 Lone Missionary, +2 ratchet bomb.

*RDW/Boros/Goblins = same as Vamps except you take out 4 sea gates instead of 4 liliana specters.

Quest = -4 Spreading Seas, -4 Seas gate for +1 journey, +1 Day of Judgement, +2 Skinrender, +2 Hexmage, +2 ratchet bomb

RUG = -4 Spreading Seas for +1 journey, +1 Day of Judgement, +2 Skinrender

Those are pretty much the tier 1 decks.

Feel free to ask questions or tell me your opinions of the deck. If I were to go to a Pro Tour or Grand Prix or something for T2 I would sleeve up this exact 75 cards if I could.

Also if you want to try your luck against this deck just send me a msg.

Vids:
*vs UB Control
game 1 part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbImHVvj3qo
game 1 part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JdkEvgeI3w
game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PMAtLTMDlw
game 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Y4oHol9AQ

*vs UW Venser Control
game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVW2R1AOaIQ
game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZY644S4gz4
(I didnt realize at the time but in game 2 I played an extra land in a turn. Although it wouldnt have made a difference, it was my mistake.)

Last edited by Pegachris on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
BandaBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool deck!

I'd like to know more about how the typical valakut and control matchups play out. It seems to me that this deck is just mean against vampires and other aggro, but I don't really understand what makes this deck go against those two. Not saying you're wrong or anything, just wondering how the matchup plays out and what cards are key.

Thanks.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck is good because it is completely new and players playing against it dont know what to expect.
Alandariel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like Spreading Seas against most Vampires decks. Considering so many of their cards cost BB or BBB and their red mana sources in the version that splashes red are extremely valuable as they try to keep themselves open for the double or triple black. Every black source you Seas is one less they can use for Highborn as well... I played Mono B Vampires a lot and Spreading Seas was one of the last cards I wanted to sea.

Sea what I did there? And there? lol.
Kurtgrunge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really see how that deck can go 30-1 in a normal field with normal players.Yeah i haven't tested it but i can't believe that it is gonna win against valakut with 0 counters and a bunch of bad cards,if i were playing valakut against u i would just go for an EOT trap>>>+ any threat on my turn for the win LOL.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BandaBear wrote:
Hey, cool deck!

I'd like to know more about how the typical valakut and control matchups play out. It seems to me that this deck is just mean against vampires and other aggro, but I don't really understand what makes this deck go against those two. Not saying you're wrong or anything, just wondering how the matchup plays out and what cards are key.

Thanks.

Control is pretty easy mainly UB. The thing about control and valakut is you can put them under pressure with creatures that they have to answer and almost everything in the deck cantrips or gets advantage. Also Mimic Vat is an all star against Control. And against Valakut I needed something to disrupt them early so I added the leonin arbiters to sb and they have been great. Its exactly what I needed. Something to slow them down and attack and put pressure on them.

Also to the guy talking about Seas, they are fine game 1 against Vamps but after game 1 I would much rather bring in removal. Seas doesnt help me out of a jam like if Im staring down 3 creatures.
DeVoursneyNR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtgrunge wrote:
I can't really see how that deck can go 30-1 in a normal field with normal players.Yeah i haven't tested it but i can't believe that it is gonna win against valakut with 0 counters and a bunch of bad cards,if i were playing valakut against u i would just go for an EOT trap>>>+ any threat on my turn for the win LOL.

I'm pretty sure he beats Valakut by Spreading Seas the Valakuts and playing DoJ against the Avengers. Tectonic Edge should aslo be a beast in that Matchup.
BandaBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30-1? I dont know who would honestly believe you. Nice lie scrub
JUANPETE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck sucks...
LelouchX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fairly new to this format, so I can't really say or judge the validity of your deck, but it looks pretty solid. You seem to went for more simplistic approach, in answering the major decks you'll be seeing. I'll probably give it a shot.

As for the 30-1, hell I wasn't there, I can't judge it. I cant say if your lying or tellin the truth. I'll take your word for it that youre 30-1 with this deck. As for anyone who doesnt believe ya, oh well, can't knock it unless you try it.
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol haters gonna hate

I said it was about 30-1 after I made the last bit of changes to the deck. The deck has gone through ALOT of changes. Through out the history of messing around with this deck I would estimate this deck is around 100-20. Yes not to sound cocky, I am a good player and can play with pretty much anything as my limited records show but the deck is actually very good.

Like I said it honestly has VERY favorable matchups against everything except Valakut which is around 50:50 or maybe 60:40.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no possible way you beat any of the control decks in the format with no counterspells and only 2 jaces.

The mana is weak. 4 marsh flats and 3 of each to fetch... but you play 3 islands? Where is the terramorphic?

You only have day of judgement and combat step to make Mimic Vat work. These are NOT enough. You have black, so play at least 1 or 2 doom blades...

Siding out spreading seas against vampires is literally 100% incorrect. It's a sinkhole that draws you a card.

All UW has to do against you is sit on spell pierce, then cast jace. You scoop.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deck looks solid. 1UU Jace in the board for UW and UB seems decent. Have you tried Venser?
Pegachris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just played P_P4E. I guess thats another loss for me granted though I punted real hard and was playing some mono blue deck I didnt know of...(of which I dunno how that deck plans to beat any aggro deck but w/e Rolling Eyes )

I still standby this deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4