Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW Anticipation

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spreading seas should probably be a 4 of in the 75.

Baneslayer is a lacking threat these days. I think elspeth is better, or just cutting some threats for counterspells.

Seems like a good Venser deck with sea gates and wall of omens. I see no reason to play both, either way.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're going to disagree with me. people who build around bad cards always want to think they're good. My advice is to truly pay attention to the value of everything having flash in your games. It's really just not worth a whole card to give stuff flash. not to mention you'll have to pay 4 mana for it in the majority of games, and have other dead cards once you already have one.
it's really just bad.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that Ggreg is correct. The only deck that abused Flash is Teachings. It used Flash to out play other control decks. Take a look at some Teachings lists and compare.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its fine, Leyline of Anticipation in opener is excellent otherwise its meh, but you have See Beyond and Jace to get rid of em, which means it plays like a nice control deck if that doesn't get there. I suggest 4 Preordain, cut the rite of replication, cut the oust, play condemn (much stronger) cut the baneslayer, play only Frost titan, using the space you have now, get some spreading seas in, they shut down opposing manlands which is a HUGE deal. Also, you need 4 Mana Leak at the bare minimum to even consider yourself a true flash deck, you want flash because it lets you keep mana open for counterspells and then lets you get card advantage at EOT, which with sea gate and wall I can't argue with that, but you have no cspells. I would suggest at least 4 Mana Leak 2 Stoic Rebuttal perhaps
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1